The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2320
I know they don't have Chris Cornell (though it'd be awesome if he made more guest appearances to perform the song) but man they don't need him. Why not just have some random guest sing the other part? Or Stone or Matt? Even better, do it somewhere like MSG, and do a giant singalong where the crowd is Chris Cornell. Stone could help them along if they can't handle it. Imagine a duet of Hunger Strike with the crowd doing all of Chris's parts while Eddie sings his. That'd be amazing.

This is one of my favorite songs by them even if it's not actually a Pearl Jam song, so I wish it'd pop up more. That'd be so much fun live


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 901
You're nuts, right? Stone physically couldn't do it; he doesn't have the power and range that Chris has. Matt might be better, but I don't know if he would really work, either. The crowd suggestion sounds even more cringeworthy, but I hear it's not unheard of for Ed to let them sing large portions of several songs, so why not let them do all the leads on one?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48365
mikejasond wrote:
I know they don't have Chris Cornell (though it'd be awesome if he made more guest appearances to perform the song) but man they don't need him. Why not just have some random guest sing the other part? Or Stone or Matt? Even better, do it somewhere like MSG, and do a giant singalong where the crowd is Chris Cornell. Stone could help them along if they can't handle it. Imagine a duet of Hunger Strike with the crowd doing all of Chris's parts while Eddie sings his. That'd be amazing.

This is one of my favorite songs by them even if it's not actually a Pearl Jam song, so I wish it'd pop up more. That'd be so much fun live

I bet your friend would like it too.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
I actually think the crowd-singing idea sounds cool.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2320
Brett wrote:
You're nuts, right? Stone physically couldn't do it; he doesn't have the power and range that Chris has. Matt might be better, but I don't know if he would really work, either. The crowd suggestion sounds even more cringeworthy, but I hear it's not unheard of for Ed to let them sing large portions of several songs, so why not let them do all the leads on one?


Maybe Stone/Matt + crowd, if the crowd can't handle it by themselves. Stone doesnt need power since he would just be leading the crowd along to help them. Plus that means the crowd gets to yell the best part of the chorus.

Its just a cool song that I think shouldn't be so ignored


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48365
mikejasond wrote:
Its just a cool song that I think shouldn't be so ignored

So are a lot of songs that are exclusively Pearl Jam. I'd rather they play their own "cool songs" than Hunger Strike.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2320
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Its just a cool song that I think shouldn't be so ignored

So are a lot of songs that are exclusively Pearl Jam. I'd rather they play their own "cool songs" than Hunger Strike.


Doesnt stop them from playing Crown of Thorns and Rocking in the Free World over and over and over and over and over again


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13452
They done it already in the past with Corin Tucker and the guy from Band of horses.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
VinylGuy wrote:
They done it already in the past with Corin Tucker and the guy from Band of horses.

Ooooh, is there a boot of this?

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48365
mikejasond wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Its just a cool song that I think shouldn't be so ignored

So are a lot of songs that are exclusively Pearl Jam. I'd rather they play their own "cool songs" than Hunger Strike.


Doesnt stop them from playing Crown of Thorns and Rocking in the Free World over and over and over and over and over again

They've played Crown of Thorns 57 times out of 1000 shows. I'd hardly say that is over and over and over. And they've done Hunger Strike 28 times, so it isn't like they don't do it ever.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2320
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Its just a cool song that I think shouldn't be so ignored

So are a lot of songs that are exclusively Pearl Jam. I'd rather they play their own "cool songs" than Hunger Strike.


Doesnt stop them from playing Crown of Thorns and Rocking in the Free World over and over and over and over and over again

They've played Crown of Thorns 57 times out of 1000 shows. I'd hardly say that is over and over and over. And they've done Hunger Strike 28 times, so it isn't like they don't do it ever.


That may be but I feel like recently Crown of Thorns gets played a ton and Hunger Strike not in years


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29923
Location: gone fishin'
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
They done it already in the past with Corin Tucker and the guy from Band of horses.

Ooooh, is there a boot of this?

She does a terrible job. Completely off-key during the verses


_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33254
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I actually think the crowd-singing idea sounds cool.

I agree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
They done it already in the past with Corin Tucker and the guy from Band of horses.

Ooooh, is there a boot of this?

She does a terrible job. Completely off-key during the verses


Holy shit, this is a horrific vocal performance. Why on earth did she sing it so low? If she just belted the hell out of it like I know she could have, it would have sounded great.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49318
Location: Sector 7-G
pretty much everything she's done with pearl jam has been awful


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29923
Location: gone fishin'
They did an OK version of "Harvest Moon".

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49318
Location: Sector 7-G
i don't remember that one


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4490
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I actually think the crowd-singing idea sounds cool.


It would be neat as an experiment, a one off type thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Generally speaking, I think crowd-singing gets a lot of undue hate. Seems like a beautiful part of the communal experience of concert-going to me.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Why don't they ever perform Hunger Strike?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19138
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Generally speaking, I think crowd-singing gets a lot of undue hate. Seems like a beautiful part of the communal experience of concert-going to me.

:thumbsup:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 pm