The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Official Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 12:26 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

this is the first time i've made it all the way through a boot since 2012's missoula show.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 12:54 am 
Rank This Poster

WtOB? wrote:
i've been really impressed by this latest batch of boots. i've given them all a listen apart from columbia and aside from fort lauderdale (one of the worst boots i've heard in a while) they've all been really good. i haven't even heard eddie squeak. perhaps he's been working on his voice, or the longer break between tours has helped. the speed of the songs even seems to be improved (something i noticed on lexington in particular, right from the get go matt seems to be locked into a slower/groovier mode all night. he's also toned down the ridiculous high-school double-kick nonsense that was going on in fort lauderdale).

I was enjoying the double-kick stuff.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:07 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Leatherhead wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
i've been really impressed by this latest batch of boots. i've given them all a listen apart from columbia and aside from fort lauderdale (one of the worst boots i've heard in a while) they've all been really good. i haven't even heard eddie squeak. perhaps he's been working on his voice, or the longer break between tours has helped. the speed of the songs even seems to be improved (something i noticed on lexington in particular, right from the get go matt seems to be locked into a slower/groovier mode all night. he's also toned down the ridiculous high-school double-kick nonsense that was going on in fort lauderdale).

I was enjoying the double-kick stuff.

i thought it was complete overkill. not to mention he was fucking it up all over the place. he's still double kicking it's just in moderation now.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:10 am 
Posting (live)

PJ's music doesn't need a double kick. Dave A would never have...blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 5:15 am 
AnalLog

WtOB? wrote:

I've listened to parts of 3-4 shows so far and I thought that Ed sounded horrible on this tour. Maybe I need to listen more. The downtuned "Oceans" from Columbia (I think?) was one of the worst things I've ever heard the band do.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 5:28 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I had a brief listen to a few shows and wasn't bowled over either but I'll admit my interest is elsewhere right now.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 5:31 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

oh yeah, the downtuning always sounds terrible. they should retire songs he can't sing instead of downtuning. but that's only a couple o tracks.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 5:47 am 

I'd prefer they play those songs in their normal key but have Ed alter the melody to something he can manage.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 7:18 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

yeah or that.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 10:16 am 
Broken Tamborine

matt reeder wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

I've listened to parts of 3-4 shows so far and I thought that Ed sounded horrible on this tour. Maybe I need to listen more. The downtuned "Oceans" from Columbia (I think?) was one of the worst things I've ever heard the band do.

He's was not back at what he was in 2014.

Has anyone compared audience recordings to official boots in terms of Ed's voice? I am not convinced that the issues are entirely his.

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=1278

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

From the little I've heard via Sirius, the 2016 tour sounds like one of the better ones from the recent years (Backspacer tour till now).

I have kinda been off from buying / collecting boots since 2003, but via RLFs and RMers, I have a few from each tour since then; just far less compared to 2000 and 2003. With what I'm hearing from 2016, I'm liking more than a lot of the more recent ones (2009 - 2016) . Ed is sounding tighter, Matt seems a little more locked in, Stone is goofing off, Mike is Mike, and Jeff sounds particularly good.

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 4:40 pm 
Future Drummer

I've listened to about 4-5 shows so far. I could even get through 3 SA shows from last fall due to the digital hiss. But they sound good. I'm not a fan of how they turned Corduroy into a singalong. The reworked Future Days from Greenville sounded pretty good. I skip sirens pretty much everytime. I am pretty surprised that mind your manners sounds good still. But some lightning bolt songs they never got right. Kill let the records play already, getaway which is a fantastic song, they never learned how to play and swallowed whole, jesus, it's a miracle at this point if ed gets one line correct.

PostPosted: Mon June 06, 2016 12:26 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

matt reeder wrote:
The downtuned "Oceans" from Columbia (I think?) was one of the worst things I've ever heard the band do.

it's better on philly 2.

PostPosted: Mon June 06, 2016 1:23 pm 

Wow, I really, really live the way Matt plays Got Some at Philly 1; instead of battering the toms in the intro, he's playing a double-time hi-hat thing instead.

Wish he'd played it that way all along.

(Sounds better on the boot, but still, you get the idea.)

PostPosted: Mon June 06, 2016 11:22 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
Wow, I really, really live the way Matt plays Got Some at Philly 1; instead of battering the toms in the intro, he's playing a double-time hi-hat thing instead.

He did that at Tampa too :nice:

matt reeder wrote:
The downtuned "Oceans" from Columbia (I think?) was one of the worst things I've ever heard the band do.

It really was a demoralising way to start a show. Infallible was also downtuned this show and sounded horrid.

matt reeder wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
the speed of the songs even seems to be improved (something i noticed on lexington in particular, right from the get go matt seems to be locked into a slower/groovier mode all night.

I also really enjoyed the Lexington Slow Down :luv:

PostPosted: Tue June 07, 2016 2:15 am 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, im enjoying this tour too. Last year was pretty good, and this one so far seems great too.

PostPosted: Tue June 07, 2016 2:21 pm 
Future Drummer

All or None is really good from philly 2, wow. I don;t remember it sounding so good when I was there.

PostPosted: Tue June 07, 2016 2:45 pm 
The Master

Listened to a decent amount of the May 1st show on SiriusXM last night. The show sounded great.

PostPosted: Tue June 07, 2016 3:02 pm 
A Return To Form

Philly 2 is the first one I've listened to all the way through and I think it sounds fantastic

PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 12:44 am 
Future Drummer

Listening to Philly I and just lol'd during Crown of Thorns when Ed prematurely launched into a passionate "leaves me alooooone, YEAAHHH!!" at the end of the first chorus.

:facepalm:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live