The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-07-10: Telluride, Colorado
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:42 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:
This still isn't sold out apparently. You can still buy regular general admission and camping passes.

That's pretty surprising.

Not for colorado its not. If it were widespread panic, phish, or some shitty jamgrass band it would have sold out.

From earlier in the thread.... last year it was practically sold out in less than a week, albeit with few tickets, and with WP headlining both days
Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:
The on sale last year was 3/20, so this was one day after. But, didn't sell out first day last year. Of course, that was Widespread Panic, this is Pearl Jam. Even if there are 25% more tickets, I bet they go much faster.

Widespread panic is HUGE in colorado. So who knows.

So, yeah, I guess you know your state pretty well.

For what it's worth, I saw WP in a shitty little arena in 1998 in Lexington, KY whilst chain smoking marijuana cigarattes. Also saw them maybe a year later in a small club in Louisville, the dude broke out the washboard and rode aronud on a bike in the crowd playing it. I'm certain there were also marijuana cigarattes involved that time as well.

Despite seeing them at least twice (maybe more, memory is a little fuzzy), and recalling the washboard/bike event, I could not say that I could recognize any song or sound from them today. Your jamgrass term sort encompasses my complete recollection of their music.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:49 pm 
AnalLog

hlniv wrote:
Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:
This still isn't sold out apparently. You can still buy regular general admission and camping passes.

Not for colorado its not. If it were widespread panic, phish, or some shitty jamgrass band it would have sold out.

From earlier in the thread.... last year it was practically sold out in less than a week, albeit with few tickets, and with WP headlining both days
Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:
The on sale last year was 3/20, so this was one day after. But, didn't sell out first day last year. Of course, that was Widespread Panic, this is Pearl Jam. Even if there are 25% more tickets, I bet they go much faster.

For what it's worth, I saw WP in a shitty little arena in 1998 in Lexington, KY whilst chain smoking marijuana cigarattes. Also saw them maybe a year later in a small club in Louisville, the dude broke out the washboard and rode aronud on a bike in the crowd playing it. I'm certain there were also marijuana cigarattes involved that time as well.

Despite seeing them at least twice (maybe more, memory is a little fuzzy), and recalling the washboard/bike event, I could not say that I could recognize any song or sound from them today. Your jamgrass term sort encompasses my complete recollection of their music.

As a huge WP fan (75 shows), since you were once inclined to give them a try and enjoy the marijuana cigarettes, I highly recommend catching them this year if you get a chance. As with any band, but especially jambands that play 70-100 shows per year, the quality of music goes in waves. They are cresting right now. Consistently great shows (song selection and playing). June 25th will be their 50th sold out show at Red Rocks. Should be good.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:09 pm 
The Master

Hatfield wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:

Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:

As a huge WP fan (75 shows), since you were once inclined to give them a try and enjoy the marijuana cigarettes, I highly recommend catching them this year if you get a chance. As with any band, but especially jambands that play 70-100 shows per year, the quality of music goes in waves. They are cresting right now. Consistently great shows (song selection and playing). June 25th will be their 50th sold out show at Red Rocks. Should be good.

I mean no harm when i talk about jam bands p.s :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:10 pm 
Future Drummer

The Ride Festival
May 26 at 2:50pm ·
NightRIDE schedule is officially announced!!

Your weekend festival pass allows you entrance to all NightRIDE shows for FREE, except for the Sheridan Opera House shows. Tickets for these shows are going live June 2 at 4:00 p.m. (http://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-ride-fe ... 7872153017) MDT. NightRIDE venues fill on a first come, first served basis so be sure to get in line early for your favorite performers. See our website for more info at www.ridefestival.com.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 pm 
The Master

hlniv wrote:
The Ride Festival

Your weekend festival pass allows you entrance to all NightRIDE shows for FREE, except for the Sheridan Opera House shows. Tickets for these shows are going live June 2 at 4:00 p.m. (http://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-ride-fe ... 7872153017) MDT. NightRIDE venues fill on a first come, first served basis so be sure to get in line early for your favorite performers. See our website for more info at http://www.ridefestival.com.

I hope to be able to check out a few of those and also hope some of PJ stumble on in as well...

PostPosted: Wed June 01, 2016 4:11 am 
mXn

Strat wrote:
hlniv wrote:
The Ride Festival

Your weekend festival pass allows you entrance to all NightRIDE shows for FREE, except for the Sheridan Opera House shows. Tickets for these shows are going live June 2 at 4:00 p.m. (http://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-ride-fe ... 7872153017) MDT. NightRIDE venues fill on a first come, first served basis so be sure to get in line early for your favorite performers. See our website for more info at http://www.ridefestival.com.

I hope to be able to check out a few of those and also hope some of PJ stumble on in as well...

Stone and Boom

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2016 3:20 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

drink lots of water

it gets dry up there in the mountains

and from all the ecstasy

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 12:29 pm 
Future Drummer

I just got tickets to see temperance movement in town after PJ on Saturday night. That place looks interesting

PostPosted: Tue June 07, 2016 5:55 pm 
The Master

Now im regretting buying camping passes in town park. Shit.

PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 2:12 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:

Why are you regretting buying camping passes in town park?

PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 2:27 pm 
The Master

hlniv wrote:
Strat wrote:

Why are you regretting buying camping passes in town park?

oops. Sorry. Regretting NOT buying camping passes in town park....

May have found a couple extras though....

PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 6:24 pm 
Major Dude

Hatfield wrote:

Jimmy Herring is a god among men.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 12:00 am 
The Master

lol. Pearl jam has a 4 hour time slot

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 3:58 pm 
Future Drummer

Yeah, so Pearl Jam 7:00 - 11:00.

I'm sure they'll take the stage 7:50 and be off by 10:45. Should get a nice 3 hr show out of it, though, right?

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 3:59 pm 
Production Police

Strat, are you planning on seeing Gillian Welch & David Rawlings? If you're unfamiliar, they are definitely worth your time.

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 4:31 pm 
The Master

hlniv wrote:
Yeah, so Pearl Jam 7:00 - 11:00.

I'm sure they'll take the stage 7:50 and be off by 10:45. Should get a nice 3 hr show out of it, though, right?

Perhaps a nice acoustic set while the sun is setting!

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 4:32 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat, are you planning on seeing Gillian Welch & David Rawlings? If you're unfamiliar, they are definitely worth your time.

Im familiar with the names. When are they playing though? Are they under a different name?

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2016 4:46 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Im familiar with the names. When are they playing though? Are they under a different name?

Dave Rawlings Machine. They played the Bluegrass Festival and won't be there for the Ride Festival.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2016 4:49 pm 
The Master

Hatfield wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Dave Rawlings Machine. They played the Bluegrass Festival and won't be there for the Ride Festival.

yea, trag got confused as to which i was going to.

hatield, you are heading to Ride Fest, yea?

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2016 5:03 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

yea, trag got confused as to which i was going to.

hatield, you are heading to Ride Fest, yea?

No matter how hard I try, I can't keep up with Strat's hippie-playboy lifestyle. One day it's blondes on ski-slopes; another day it's brunettes at a bluegrass festival. I generally try to picture his cute dog, a hot girl who does yoga, and some sort of spirit consumption, and hope that paints a somewhat accurate picture of a day-in-the-life of the one called Strat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live