The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rank or Discuss your pre/post-show overall experiences
PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:01 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
bammer, do you still have matt's 2000 kit?

Yes sir, I do.

I would have to be in some pretty dire straits to ever sell it ... or else be offered a huuuuge pile of cash for it.

How'd you come to own this?

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2016 8:03 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

I would have to be in some pretty dire straits to ever sell it ... or else be offered a huuuuge pile of cash for it.

Seriously!

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:13 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

plz sell it to me.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:22 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

WtOB? wrote:
Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

plz sell it to me.

I'll tongue punch your dirt hole for it.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:30 am 
mXn

I'd trade it straight up for a Dave A. china crash cymbal

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:31 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

Find and bump a/the memorabilia thread and lets head over that way

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:40 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

I'm trying, but I'm not finding. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2016 4:43 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Yes sir, I do.

I'm trying, but I'm not finding. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Ok time for a new thread

PostPosted: Sat March 12, 2016 4:43 pm 
mXn

Seattle 2002

Showbox night 1: Showed up with no ticket and $60 in my pocket. Miraculously a guy's ticket buddy bailed on him and he sold me his 2nd for $60. I lucked out big time.

Showbox night 2: Same deal...I had $90 with me but had it in my head that I wouldn't pay more than $60. I was offered a ticket for $100 and probably could have talked him down to $90 but didn't want to spend that much. I was in college, that was a lot to me at the time. In retrospect I should have paid him the damn $90.

Key Arena both nights: Don't remember the order but I was 21 by this time and it involved pre-show drinks at Floyd's at least one of the two nights. My buddy attempted to hurdle a large flower pot in the Key Arena plaza, didn't make it and he bit it HARD. We still talk about that more than you'd think. One night we had decent seats. The other night we had nose bleeds but reps from a local radio station saw us - the only two people in our section - rocking out from the jump and gave us a seat upgrade (about 10 songs in I'd say). Sprinting through Key Arena down to our new seats is one of my all time favorite PJ memories.

The same poster was issued for all 4 shows and I have it framed with all my tickets.

PostPosted: Thu March 17, 2016 1:30 pm 
Broken Tamborine

My only noteworthy pre-show experience was bumping into Mike in NYC the afternoon before MSG II in 2003. I decided to walk around the city instead of go early and get a poster. My touring friends went to MSG early for the poster. I ended up getting a picture with Mike.

My friends and I were both envious of each other at the time, but in retrospect I had nothing interesting to say to Mike, and now I kinda wish I had the poster instead.

PostPosted: Thu March 17, 2016 10:02 pm 
Champion of RM

My favorite postgame was Buffalo 2010 - I ate a Stinger. That's a cheesesteak and hotwing hoagie in one.

PostPosted: Sun October 02, 2016 11:28 pm 
mXn

chuck taylor wrote:
My only noteworthy pre-show experience was bumping into Mike in NYC the afternoon before MSG II in 2003. I decided to walk around the city instead of go early and get a poster. My touring friends went to MSG early for the poster. I ended up getting a picture with Mike.

My friends and I were both envious of each other at the time, but in retrospect I had nothing interesting to say to Mike, and now I kinda wish I had the poster instead.

I'd have gone with a pat on the ass and a "have a good show tonight."

PostPosted: Mon October 03, 2016 1:52 am 
Major Dude

Murfreesboro '94. I had scored tickets for the last row of the venue. My girl and I drove down and met some friends, who all also had tickets, at their apartment. There was a group of probably 10-15 people going to the show. Everyone was partying pretty much except me. ( Have never really gotten into getting hammered before a show). There were some drug things going on, but I don't really remember what. Almost certainly some pot, and I'm thinking some sort of pills. My lady did a few of those before the show.

About and hour before the show, my cousin calls me and tells me he can't go and do I want his tickets? He had a pair on the first row off the floor dead center. So, I traded tickets with him and we were off to the venue.*

My friends only lived about 10 minutes away by foot so we all decided to walk. However, it was raining. VERY hard. By the time we got there, we were all drenched from head to toe. I didn't have a dry stitch on me. It was even raining sideways.

The show was awesome.

After the show, my gal and I had to drive back home. Which was terrible. I've never driven in such a rain storm before or since. I literally couldn't see the hood of my car. What was normally an hour's drive took over three. I stayed at my girl's parent's house and slept on the couch and she dumped me the next day. We'd been together 3 years.

* He traded my old tickets for bootleg t-shirts in the parking lot.

PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 8:47 pm 
Champion of RM

Did she dump you because you made her walk in the rain?

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 2:32 am 
Major Dude

Nah. We were already having problems. Had already been thru one breakup, and had been back together for a year. She moved about an hour away to college and we just drifted apart. I was just holding on to something that wasn't there anymore.

( I think I just stumbled onto why Hold On resonates so well with me. I never associated that tune with her, but it makes perfect sense. Wow. )

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 3:54 am 
mXn

My wife and I, dating at the time, got in a huge fight at a 2009 PJ show. Lucky it wasn't the end. We got engaged 2 months later.

I still have to post about my '03, '05, and '06 shows here before I get to '09 though.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 4:02 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Hard Rock Calling (I won't say London as I think they played Brixton and Shephard's Bush that summer as well) in 2010. Before was magical, saw the Olympic Stadium in the flesh for the 1st time as my brother had moved to Leyton. The tube down, think we even had a subway at some point. I had seemingly taken the New York sun with me (or had Pearl Jam as I actually stayed over the road from the Garden when they played there). Going in, there was an advert for a competition in which you could win a Volvo and someone sarcastically said "Oh shit! You can win a Volvo!" and started pacing to the advert! Not sure if we're counting support bands but there were so many that day, still gutted Gomez clashed with both PJ and Ben.

Afterwards was scary because I had to go "home" (my parents) in London late at night by myself. I moved to Coventry in 2002, Nuneaton (a town) in 2006 and New Arley (a village) in 2008. So now I was back in London and late at night on my own. Even though London's never been as bad since the 80s as it was back then, you now have more chance getting mugged in London than in NYC (and yes, I know that has more to do with New York even if Boris Johnson doesn't). I started off on a bus before they changed their minds and cut the journey short, so got on the tube at Euston. That tube journey I used to make regularly when visiting home when I moved to cov, and the walk from Tufnell Park home was the last part of my walk home from a Soulfly gig at the Forum in 2002 (that night is not for this thread...)

PostPosted: Sat December 29, 2018 6:13 am 
mXn

I met Mark Arm backstage at Key Arena after the 2013 PJ show. Had no idea what to say to him so it was really awkward and I essentially told him he was old. I later remembered we went to the same really small high school and that could have been a good solid half hour worth of conversation, easy. Oops.

PostPosted: Sat December 29, 2018 4:59 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Touring generally all over Europe especially and seeing friends. Drinks before and after the shows. The shows are just kind of a bonus. Seeing pals you havent seen in a year or two is just really cool.

PostPosted: Sat December 29, 2018 5:37 pm 
mXn

dimejinky99 wrote:
Touring generally all over Europe especially and seeing friends. Drinks before and after the shows. The shows are just kind of a bonus. Seeing pals you havent seen in a year or two is just really cool.

I don't usually have it in me to get drinks after the shows, but I like what you're saying here ... the show is the basis for the gathering, but sometimes it's more about the gathering itself. Seattle '18 was like this for me, especially on Friday, it was awesome catching up with people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live