The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed August 24, 2016 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45262
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Jukebox Extreme Pearl Jam Era Party

JEPPEJ

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24021
BurtReynolds wrote:
Jukebox Extreme Pearl Jam Era Party

JEPPEJ

r u drunk?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 12:23 am 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 9319
Image

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24021
it occurred to me monday night, while watching the band play ritfw, that they keep playing it because it's just really fun to play, and really easy to play for any musician buddy hanging out side stage. that's probably as much thought as goes into it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21734
i got no beef with RITFW

Mother and Comfortably Numb and that Aerosmith song and Imagine and Rain all need to go screw

and Baba too - just because it makes all the white people happy - and that makes me angry

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57426
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
baba used to be so fucking good too


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21734
it's true

i like what they are doing with Masters of War though, very much

but just keep it to 1-2 covers, and a daughter tag, please.

example: 2000 setlist - 27 songs. 2 covers plus a daughter tag.

08/06/00 - Coliseum: Greensboro, NC [130m]
attendance: approx. 12,000 (capacity is 23,000)
support act: Sonic Youth
soundcheck: Breakerfall, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Evacuation, Rival
set: Of The Girl, Corduroy, Insignificance, Brain of J, Evacuation, Nothing As It Seems, Jeremy, Daughter/(improv based on It's OK)/(Androgynous Mind), MFC, Whipping, Wishlist, Better Man, Leatherman, Grievance, Even Flow, In My Tree, Black, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror
enc 1: Light Years, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, State of Love and Trust, Last Kiss, Breakerfall
enc 2: Soon Forget, Smile

2016: Now they do 31 songs. and 6-7 are full song covers, plus 1-2 tags. So we get 31 songs now but four of them are by the doobie brothers.

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19124
Location: Cumberland, RI
They actually only average between 3-4 covers per show this year, and the stadium shows were way above average so probably dragged it up, too. But these shows had the most eyes on them, so I don't think it's surprising that people noticed the outliers. They played about the same number of covers per show in 2003, but people tend to forget that.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21734
true it bumped up for the stadium shows

maybe they just wanted to 'have more fun' with these

or maybe they felt like more randos would be there and they wanted to expand their asset base by luring them into the jamily with a hypnotic rendition of their favorite classic rock summer hits

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57426
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Simple Torture wrote:
They actually only average between 3-4 covers per show this year, and the stadium shows were way above average so probably dragged it up, too. But these shows had the most eyes on them, so I don't think it's surprising that people noticed the outliers. They played about the same number of covers per show in 2003, but people tend to forget that.

It was ridiculous in 2003 as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:42 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Minneapolis
96583UP wrote:
it's true

i like what they are doing with Masters of War though, very much

but just keep it to 1-2 covers, and a daughter tag, please.

example: 2000 setlist - 27 songs. 2 covers plus a daughter tag.

08/06/00 - Coliseum: Greensboro, NC [130m]
attendance: approx. 12,000 (capacity is 23,000)
support act: Sonic Youth
soundcheck: Breakerfall, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Evacuation, Rival
set: Of The Girl, Corduroy, Insignificance, Brain of J, Evacuation, Nothing As It Seems, Jeremy, Daughter/(improv based on It's OK)/(Androgynous Mind), MFC, Whipping, Wishlist, Better Man, Leatherman, Grievance, Even Flow, In My Tree, Black, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror
enc 1: Light Years, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, State of Love and Trust, Last Kiss, Breakerfall
enc 2: Soon Forget, Smile

2016: Now they do 31 songs. and 6-7 are full song covers, plus 1-2 tags. So we get 31 songs now but four of them are by the doobie brothers.


man, i miss the unpredictable and varied closers and encores more than the lack of covers.

look at that attendance number, too.

Image

_________________
ah, copperplate, a font for the truly modern man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24021
AndySlash wrote:
look at that attendance number, too.

and people wonder why they don't play teh south


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65699
spike wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
look at that attendance number, too.

and people wonder why they don't play teh south

They had much larger crowds here in the south this past tour

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 16920
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
look at that attendance number, too.

and people wonder why they don't play teh south

They had much larger crowds here in the south this past tour

I think you're forgetting that Creed was really in their hey-day in 2000 and siphoned off much of the would-be PJ attendance. Do you really think people from there have enough $ for two concerts in one year?

_________________
Peetah from Woostah wrote:
That Bammah post is a work of ahht.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65699
Ha-ha, dick

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23276
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue October 11, 2016 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 16920
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
spike wrote:
it occurred to me monday night, while watching the band play ritfw, that they keep playing it because it's just really fun to play, and really easy to play for any musician buddy hanging out side stage. that's probably as much thought as goes into it.

Spike, you nailed it.

People wanna romanticize stuff like this ... when really, the answer is so simple.

_________________
Peetah from Woostah wrote:
That Bammah post is a work of ahht.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat January 16, 2021 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 16920
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
it occurred to me monday night, while watching the band play ritfw, that they keep playing it because it's just really fun to play, and really easy to play for any musician buddy hanging out side stage. that's probably as much thought as goes into it.

Spike, you nailed it.

People wanna romanticize stuff like this ... when really, the answer is so simple.

As a complete novice on guitar: Can Confirm

_________________
Peetah from Woostah wrote:
That Bammah post is a work of ahht.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-22: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat January 16, 2021 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 23038
Location: Scooby Doo
I guess it's a nice way to mindlessly end a show while soaking up all the adoration. Plus guests can slot in seamlessly as you say.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 09, 2021 10:08 am