The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-07: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Fri August 12, 2016 12:13 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Anyone find a good audience recording of this yet ?

PostPosted: Fri August 12, 2016 12:24 am 
Poster of the Year

Bi_3 wrote:
Anyone find a good audience recording of this yet ?

:cop: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8392

PostPosted: Fri August 19, 2016 11:47 am 
Looks Like a Cat

On XM pj radio right now

PostPosted: Tue August 23, 2016 4:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

This one is the keeper from the stadium tour

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 3:39 pm 
mXn

Sirius XM must have a free trial going or something right now because magically in the car this morning it worked.

The song I turned on to was Draw The Line. Not sure if it was Fenway 1 or 2, but the audio alone (without benefit of the visual/atmosphere of being at the show to go with it) made me want to pull an Aubrey McClendon and drive straight into a retaining wall at 70mph.

That was followed up by live cuts of Go and Breakerfall, which were clearly recent because Ed's voice is completely shot. There has been a lot of bitching about how Ed is drawing out the words. Like on Go, "shoulda pulled the allaa-haaarrmmm" and now that I hear it for myself, I see what all the ruckus is about. It sounds really bad. I guess I never notice it while I'm at a concert.

I picked up the Moline boot from a couple years ago because No Code all the way through is pretty cool, but realistically any recent boot is not worth the purchase. Someone alluded to Ed as the weak link in another thread. At the concert, not true. On the radio, absolutely true.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 3:43 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Sirius XM must have a free trial going or something right now because magically in the car this morning it worked.

The song I turned on to was Draw The Line. Not sure if it was Fenway 1 or 2, but the audio alone (without benefit of the visual/atmosphere of being at the show to go with it) made me want to pull an Aubrey McClendon and drive straight into a retaining wall at 70mph.

That was followed up by live cuts of Go and Breakerfall, which were clearly recent because Ed's voice is completely shot. There has been a lot of bitching about how Ed is drawing out the words. Like on Go, "shoulda pulled the allaa-haaarrmmm" and now that I hear it for myself, I see what all the ruckus is about. It sounds really bad. I guess I never notice it while I'm at a concert.

I picked up the Moline boot from a couple years ago because No Code all the way through is pretty cool, but realistically any recent boot is not worth the purchase. Someone alluded to Ed as the weak link in another thread. At the concert, not true. On the radio, absolutely true.

I've hardly purchased a bootleg since 2000, apart from the few shows I've attended. But I was really happy with my purchase (free 10C download, technically) of Toronto 1 and Ontario from this tour. The band is on fire, and apart from the Jukebox Hits of the encore, the energy is sustained enough to make me feel connected to the show, so as to diminish the annoying Ed stuff considerably. What I'm trying to say is, there are some good listens to be had from this tour if you focus on the rest of the band.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 4:08 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I've hardly purchased a bootleg since 2000, apart from the few shows I've attended. But I was really happy with my purchase (free 10C download, technically) of Toronto 1 and Ontario from this tour. The band is on fire, and apart from the Jukebox Hits of the encore, the energy is sustained enough to make me feel connected to the show, so as to diminish the annoying Ed stuff considerably. What I'm trying to say is, there are some good listens to be had from this tour if you focus on the rest of the band.

Roger that. I'll give the next boot a very Boom-centric listen and report back :D

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 4:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

Bammer wrote:

Now that you've finally noticed it on the recordings, it's only a matter of time before you notice it live.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 5:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

This. If your enjoyment of 2016 Pearl Jam depends on Ed's enunciation, you are just going to end up being a miserable cunt about the whole tour.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 5:56 pm 
Poster of the Year

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

This. If your enjoyment of 2016 Pearl Jam depends on Ed's enunciation, you are just going to end up being a miserable cunt about the whole tour.

I love the attitude of "you guys are right, ed's enunciation does sound like shit, but it's your fault for paying any attention to it"

Yeah, how dare I pay attention to the sounds in music.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 6:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I love the attitude of "you guys are right, ed's enunciation does sound like shit, but it's your fault for paying any attention to it"

It is your fault if you allow it to ruin the experience for you. I am far more bothered by the absence of crowd noise/singing on the boots than anything Ed does.

But hey, how you choose to feel is how you am.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 6:14 pm 
Poster of the Year

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

It is your fault if you allow it to ruin the experience for you. I am far more bothered by the absence of crowd noise/singing on the boots than anything Ed does.

is it my fault if the guitars are out of tune too?

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 6:35 pm 
The Master

It's all your fault, chud. I pin the entire PRAMG on you alone.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 6:46 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Nah brah, I'm just saying that it's up to you how let you let the deficiencies of modern Pearl Jam effect your experience of the music. If their sloppiness and technical failings ruin the live experience for you, that's on you since they obviously dont give a shit about that stuff anymore.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 6:47 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Nah brah, I'm just saying that it's up to you how let you let the deficiencies of modern Pearl Jam effect your experience of the music. If their sloppiness and technical failings ruin the live experience for you, that's on you since they obviously dont give a shit about that stuff anymore.

This is next level spirituality shit that these east coast bro's just dont get.

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:03 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bi_3 wrote:
If their sloppiness and technical failings ruin the live experience for you, that's on you

What the fuck

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:04 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
If their sloppiness and technical failings ruin the live experience for you, that's on you

What the fuck

he said EAT SHIT AND DIE MOTHERFUCKER

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:06 pm 
Poster of the Year

theplatypus wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

What the fuck

exactly

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:08 pm 
The Master

I dont know. That aside, i dont think PJ are that sloppy. They are actually pretty tight although they play pretty fast. Eds annunciation shit isn't bad enough to ruin the song for me. Hell, he sounds great in most instances, albeit not to the level of their "peak" but who cares.

Eat shit and die!

PostPosted: Thu August 25, 2016 7:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

I thought the band was fairly tight at fenway this year. But over the last decade or so sometimes they've been tight, and other times they've been really sloppy. I don't think that's the point though. The point is, it's not the audiences fault if they don't enjoy a poor performance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live