The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-07: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 1:18 am 
Champion of RM

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
This is going to be a weird boot to listen to with all the guests who were allowed to take the mic, from Tom Hamilton to Youk to Dick the doorman. I wonder if anything will be edited out (all the stuff about Polaroids was also very visual).

I just heard part of night 1 on Sirius, including the polaroid story, and it was weird not having the visual.

Was this a plug for Mike's new book?

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:02 am 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
This is going to be a weird boot to listen to with all the guests who were allowed to take the mic, from Tom Hamilton to Youk to Dick the doorman. I wonder if anything will be edited out (all the stuff about Polaroids was also very visual).

I just heard part of night 1 on Sirius, including the polaroid story, and it was weird not having the visual.

Was this a plug for Mike's new book?

I just heard that part of the show on my drive home. Ed is pretty good at nailing the point home and/or punchline. It came across just fine. However, i enjoy ed's ramblings.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:14 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

This goes for both shows: this was the first time ever that I've actually been genuinely annoyed by cell phones at a concert. Most of the time, I see people whip out a phone once or twice for a photo--I do it too, no big deal, you're got a nice new background maybe. Cool. But there were people around me both nights who recorded 10-second clips of each and every song. It was worse on Friday when I could barely see the stage through the phones, but it was definitely present both nights.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:22 am 
Poster of the Year

Simple Torture wrote:
This goes for both shows: this was the first time ever that I've actually been genuinely annoyed by cell phones at a concert. Most of the time, I see people whip out a phone once or twice for a photo--I do it too, no big deal, you're got a nice new background maybe. Cool. But there were people around me both nights who recorded 10-second clips of each and every song. It was worse on Friday when I could barely see the stage through the phones, but it was definitely present both nights.

lady in front of me was doing this friday

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:24 am 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I want to link to a thread where we argued about this. but its a waste of time and i can't remember what thread it was in. and you didnt really say anything negative about the above thing so ill just let it be.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:31 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

I saw a couple of people get shamed on the video board kast night; i.e., the camera focused on their part of the crowd while they were texting, and they had to swiftly put their phone away as not to look lame.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:47 am 
Poster of the Year

Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I want to link to a thread where we argued about this. but its a waste of time and i can't remember what thread it was in. and you didnt really say anything negative about the above thing so ill just let it be.

I didn't say anything negative about it now.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 3:05 am 
The Master

...so ill just let it be

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 3:48 am 
The Master

the wrigley shows will put the fenway shows to shame

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 9:42 am 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
the wrigley shows will put the fenway shows to shame

I hope so

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 5:55 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
hlniv wrote:
So, why trot this song out now and not any time in the last 22 years? Obviously because of Dave A, but they had to have worked out some deal with him, right? He's got a personal songwriting credit for it, correct? This is already been played on Sirius a shitload of times and they're going to release it with the official bootlegs.

I doubt they had to work anything out with him, he has a songwriting credit for every song on Vs and most on Vitalogy. Angel's no different.

Pretty sure that both Vs. and Vitalogy were actually credited to the band as a group, not the individuals. That would be the difference. Go was "Dave's Song", but Pearl Jam (or all five individuals collectively) is the composer.

Angel had a songwriting credit individually to Dave A.

I'm no expert on this, but doesn't that make a difference? Maybe it doesn't even matter for live performances anyway...

Just seems odd to bring this back now after so long, and mention Dave the way he did in Telluride.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 6:29 pm 
Champion of RM

hlniv wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
hlniv wrote:
So, why trot this song out now and not any time in the last 22 years? Obviously because of Dave A, but they had to have worked out some deal with him, right? He's got a personal songwriting credit for it, correct? This is already been played on Sirius a shitload of times and they're going to release it with the official bootlegs.

I doubt they had to work anything out with him, he has a songwriting credit for every song on Vs and most on Vitalogy. Angel's no different.

Pretty sure that both Vs. and Vitalogy were actually credited to the band as a group, not the individuals. That would be the difference. Go was "Dave's Song", but Pearl Jam (or all five individuals collectively) is the composer.

Angel had a songwriting credit individually to Dave A.

I'm no expert on this, but doesn't that make a difference? Maybe it doesn't even matter for live performances anyway...

Just seems odd to bring this back now after so long, and mention Dave the way he did in Telluride.

Vs. songs received individual credits with one the reissue or rereleases.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:27 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Id like to see a decent video of DTE from this show, there doesn't seem to be one yet. I felt like that was one of the highlights of the show.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:29 am 
Looks Like a Cat

One thing I noticed about the crowd at this one, why were so many dudes dressed like they just left the regatta club? Vineyard Vines? I get the EvenBro thing. Lots of desperate ladies at these shows. But why the fuck are you shopping at the same store that Land Rover owning stay at home moms go to? Was Gap too radical?

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:35 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
One thing I noticed about the crowd at this one, why were so many dudes dressed like they just left the regatta club? Vineyard Vines? I get the EvenBro thing. Lots of desperate ladies at these shows. But why the fuck are you shopping at the same store that Land Rover owning stay at home moms go to? Was Gap too radical?

My entire section was beer bellies in t-shirts, so I guess I lucked out?

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Like I said earlier, I thought this was far and away the most normal, adjusted to society PJ crowd I've ever been in.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:07 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Oh yeah, I talked to a bunch of people who were very friendly. The guys with beer bellies were so jolly.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:18 am 
Looks Like a Cat

numbers wrote:
Id like to see a decent video of DTE from this show, there doesn't seem to be one yet. I felt like that was one of the highlights of the show.

Yup. The entire second encore was fantastic, a rarity in modern PJ and one the reasons I came away loving this show.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Dave A returning to PJ fulltime in order to free Matt to return to SG fulltime will never happen. I have accepted that at this point. but I don't want to. Kind of like transgender bathroom rights.

We should be having the GTFO conversation about this Boston show. Not the GOAT conversation. Or maybe the G2H conversation.

And preppies dressing like preppies in Boston should be no surprise. It's one of the main sources of their not-so-subtle aryan power.

The greatest part of this show is that it is over. And it will be on to PJ at Wrigley, and a PJ BJ for a new USA city.

Boston loves Boston more than Boston loves Boston.

Now it is over.

So GFY.

Go Yankees

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:29 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:

Yup. The entire second encore was fantastic, a rarity in modern PJ and one the reasons I came away loving this show.

Breath was transcendent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live