The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-07: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
Dave A returning to PJ fulltime in order to free Matt to return to SG fulltime will never happen. I have accepted that at this point. but I don't want to. Kind of like transgender bathroom rights.

We should be having the GTFO conversation about this Boston show. Not the GOAT conversation. Or maybe the G2H conversation.

And preppies dressing like preppies in Boston should be no surprise. It's one of the main sources of their not-so-subtle aryan power.

The greatest part of this show is that it is over. And it will be on to PJ at Wrigley, and a PJ BJ for a new USA city.

Boston loves Boston more than Boston loves Boston.

Now it is over.

So GFY.

Go Yankees

What?

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:
Id like to see a decent video of DTE from this show, there doesn't seem to be one yet. I felt like that was one of the highlights of the show.

Yup. The entire second encore was fantastic, a rarity in modern PJ and one the reasons I came away loving this show.

Breath was transcendent.

I just remember when DTE started, I hadn't expected it because it's not usually a late show song like that and thinking "this is perfect for right now."

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:40 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:
Id like to see a decent video of DTE from this show, there doesn't seem to be one yet. I felt like that was one of the highlights of the show.

Yup. The entire second encore was fantastic, a rarity in modern PJ and one the reasons I came away loving this show.

Breath was transcendent.

I just remember when DTE started, I hadn't expected it because it's not usually a late show song like that and thinking "this is perfect for right now."

I was happy that neither night got the "singing the guitar part" part. Stone got to do his thing.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:41 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:

Breath was transcendent.

I was happy that neither night got the "singing the guitar part" part. Stone got to do his thing.

They seem to have replaced this with the shit show corduroy sing along bridge.

I'd trade it back for the singing DTE guitar part any day.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 1:47 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

This doesn't seem to be the general consensus but I find the Corduroy bridge way less offensive.

The Do the Evolution chant thing always sounded bad and the band messed up coming back into the song virtually every single time.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 2:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Birds in Hell wrote:
This doesn't seem to be the general consensus but I find the Corduroy bridge way less offensive.

The Do the Evolution chant thing always sounded bad and the band messed up coming back into the song virtually every single time.

I actually felt like the DTE chant thing might have come off OK for once if they had done it Sunday night, but I'll always prefer to have it without.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 2:44 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Birds in Hell wrote:

You are not alone in this. The DTE change is stupid. The Corduroy change seems forced and awkward and the crowd doesn't ever get it, but it doesn't destroy the song like the DTE chant.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 2:57 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

You are not alone in this. The DTE change is stupid. The Corduroy change seems forced and awkward and the crowd doesn't ever get it, but it doesn't destroy the song like the DTE chant.

You are both wrong.

The Corduroy disaster takes away the best moment from one of the best songs and replaces it with an extended section of utter failure every time. The Fenway version was horrible. Totally ruined it, when he tried to finally sing the bridge lyrics after a confused response from the crowd, it sucked away all the Corduroy greatness.

The DTE singing chant is distracting and bad, but it's over quickly and it occurs within the flow of the song.

They both suck, the Corduroy bridge should have been sacred. WTF are they thinking?

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'm gonna have to hear this Corduroy thing now. i don't think i've ever heard it.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:40 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
i'm gonna have to hear this Corduroy thing now. i don't think i've ever heard it.

RIP Bodysnatcher

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bodysnatcher wrote:

It's been that way since the 2015 SA tour. I think they may have debuted it in London, Ont. in 2013.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

RIP Bodysnatcher

Jesus f'ing christ WHAT.THE.FUCK was that....??

RIP Corduroy

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:54 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

RIP Bodysnatcher

Jesus f'ing christ WHAT.THE.FUCK was that....??

RIP Corduroy

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 6:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Guys I'm not gonna lie, I've made a beer run during Corduroy. It hasn't done much live in years for me, but holy damn this call-and-response thing is just a whole other level. It's like the song is floating down a river of cheese on its way to Facepalm City.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 7:51 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

What was most annoying about the Corduroy call and response was when they opened Greenville with it and so they were doing it the very first song. Call and responses do better later in a show, and not at all in Corduroy.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 7:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What was most annoying about the Corduroy call and response was when they opened Greenville with it and so they were doing it the very first song

:haha: what a f'ing stupid idea

this band :facepalm:

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 9:17 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

That reminds of those couple of times in 2006 where they opened the show with Better Man and Ed still expected the crowd to carry the first verse for him.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 9:30 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What was most annoying about the Corduroy call and response was when they opened Greenville with it and so they were doing it the very first song. Call and responses do better later in a show, and not at all in Corduroy.

Yeah, we're all fucking jamming along, the whole crowd singing the bridge, but Ed's not. WTF. Waitaminute! Ed's not singing?!? They're getting quieter? WTF is this?!?!? A singalong? Ugh.

It sucked bad. All the opening energy from coming out with all the lights to the fucking rock-out of the song just vanished. And that crowd was READY, too. Good thing they carried on with Vs. after that...

PostPosted: Thu August 11, 2016 12:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

The Corduroy from Fenway I is particularly bad in this regard.

PostPosted: Thu August 11, 2016 1:17 am 
Future Drummer

bodysnatcher wrote:
I think they may have debuted it in London, Ont. in 2013.

Yep - they did that 'Bridge 96' style breakdown in London and Wrigley 2013 (but without the sing-a-long) and I thought it made for a refreshing change. I think the day they finally go back to the regular bridge will be even more refreshing though.

Birds in Hell wrote:
That reminds of those couple of times in 2006 where they opened the show with Better Man and Ed still expected the crowd to carry the first verse for him.

This actually worked surprisingly well at Sydney III - got the crowd going from the very start and set the show off on a great note after the first two very lackluster Syd shows (Encore Break - Ed recounting a conversation with Bono: "Sydney fucking sucked"). Thank God I lived in Melbourne in 2006 :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live