The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12416
Location: Cumberland, RI
Yeah, of the two super-rare songs they played in nearly the same position both nights--early in the first encore--I much, much more enjoyed Strangest Tribe. That song has its own unique mood and texture that I think the band did a good job of capturing live. Angel's mood is that it's a super-rare Pearl Jam song.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15980
ed sounded good for most of strangest tribe, but fell apart badly at the end.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10282
Location: Mizzou
spike wrote:
ed sounded good for most of strangest tribe, but fell apart badly at the end.


I don't understand why he randomly sings an octave higher in songs. He ends up screeching and sounding terrible. Just stick to your lower range bud.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
ed sounded good for most of strangest tribe, but fell apart badly at the end.


I don't understand why he randomly sings an octave higher in songs. He ends up screeching and sounding terrible. Just stick to your lower range bud.


i don't get this either, and it's really turned me off of a lot of songs over the past 7-10 years. he really needs to embrace his lower register, it's his sweet spot. DOES HE EVEN CARE ANYMORE>!>!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: CT
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
ed sounded good for most of strangest tribe, but fell apart badly at the end.


I don't understand why he randomly sings an octave higher in songs. He ends up screeching and sounding terrible. Just stick to your lower range bud.


see elderly woman especially.

you're not 30, ed..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 9:09 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
I liked the change in Strangest Tribe, gives it more of a haunting feeling than the monotone delivery of the studio version, though I acknowledge its not Ed at his best


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2016 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
Bi_3 wrote:
I liked the change in Strangest Tribe, gives it more of a haunting feeling than the monotone delivery of the studio version, though I acknowledge its not Ed at his best


Yeah, I just listened to this for the first time and I dug it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10282
Location: Mizzou
dprival78 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
ed sounded good for most of strangest tribe, but fell apart badly at the end.


I don't understand why he randomly sings an octave higher in songs. He ends up screeching and sounding terrible. Just stick to your lower range bud.


see elderly woman especially.

you're not 30, ed..


Hearts and thoughts they screech away. Screech away.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15980
bodysnatcher wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
I liked the change in Strangest Tribe, gives it more of a haunting feeling than the monotone delivery of the studio version, though I acknowledge its not Ed at his best


Yeah, I just listened to this for the first time and I dug it

ST in its original form is perfection.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2016 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 3056
Location: Louisville, KY
spike wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
I liked the change in Strangest Tribe, gives it more of a haunting feeling than the monotone delivery of the studio version, though I acknowledge its not Ed at his best


Yeah, I just listened to this for the first time and I dug it

ST in its original form is perfection.


yep :nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Fri August 12, 2016 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Thank you Pete. Arrived Safe n sound today. Knew it was coming and jumps outta bed when the door knocker and didn't realise I was naked. Posty didn't appreciate it.

It's a goodun. Thanks:)

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
dimejinky99 wrote:
Thank you Pete. Arrived Safe n sound today. Knew it was coming and jumps outta bed when the door knocker and didn't realise I was naked. Posty didn't appreciate it.

It's a goodun. Thanks:)

Wait, you're a white guy?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Black Irish.

Which actually denotes people of Irish and Spanish descent from when the Spanish Armada got their arses kicked by Elizabeth the first. Loads of their ships were wrecked on Ireland's shores before they even got a chance to get to that battle. So the Spanish lads moved in and that's where black Irish comes from.


But I have heard it used arse ways many times. In the US usually.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46920
Location: Sector 7-G
edit: PM instead


Last edited by cutuphalfdead on Sat August 13, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sat August 13, 2016 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm
Posts: 962
I thought Strangest Tribe sounded amazing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sun August 14, 2016 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15980
dimejinky99 wrote:
Black Irish.

Which actually denotes people of Irish and Spanish descent from when the Spanish Armada got their arses kicked by Elizabeth the first. Loads of their ships were wrecked on Ireland's shores before they even got a chance to get to that battle. So the Spanish lads moved in and that's where black Irish comes from.


But I have heard it used arse ways many times. In the US usually.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Sun August 14, 2016 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7848
Location: Franklin, MA
I always thought it was used to describe any people of Irish descent that had dark hair/eyes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu August 18, 2016 10:25 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2666
PJ Radio seems to be pushing this show pretty hard. Seems like it's on every other day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu August 18, 2016 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 8881
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Has night 2 played on Sirius yet?

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-08-05: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu August 18, 2016 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12416
Location: Cumberland, RI
CopperTom wrote:
Has night 2 played on Sirius yet?


Word on the street is that it's premiering today at 2:00PM, eastern time. Was anyone listening to Night 1 on Sirius last night? Wondering when it will be played as more than the very simple mox we heard.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 9:06 am