Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sun May 01, 2016 12:44 am

was mowbs there?

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sun May 01, 2016 9:55 am

God damn it

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sun May 01, 2016 1:21 pm

stip wrote:God damn it


:lol:

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 2:49 am

"who you are" was my standout.

Somebody I didn't know tried to dance with me, and I thought for a moment maybe it was one of you dorks.


Spoiler: show
was it?

:lol:

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Fun show and the crowd I was near (in between Stone / Ed in GA) was really into it, especially for the Ten part.

Some highlights for me:

1. Garden. I had only got this once before in Philly 2006 and it was a slightly different version. I was glad to get the more proper version, but even still it wasn't quite proper. It sounded almost like Sound Garden, especially with the sludgy guitars and Matt's drumming (which I really liked on this song)

2. Breakerfall. I've been pimping the Lubbock 2000 version, and it was cool to get this live. The energy maintained from the Ten part and people were excited. Some next to me though we may get a Ten / Binaural night, which I would have been perfectly fine with.

3. Who You Are. I love No Code, and was happy to get this one. Got it in DC 2008, and this version sounded tighter, even with a slight flub at the beginning.

4. The energy during Jeremy. It was fun to be in GA for it.

5. Stone. It was fun to watch him. He's in his own little world isn't he? At one point, before RVM, they were gonna play Betterman. The tech brought Stone's acoustic out, then the band kicked into RVM. Stone looked confused, then shrugged his shoulders, handed the acoustic back, got the electric, but before he started playing, he had to blow his nose. After that he took a few swigs of beer, then joined in with the band towards the end of the first verse.

6. Release 11 songs into the show was kinda neat. I like that they've done this now a few times this tour between Release and Long Road.

7. Porch. Lately, I've been praising a short and sweet RVM from San Sebastian 2000. Porch was like that in Philly since they were doing the whole album in sequence. They jammed, but it wasn't like an 9 or 10 minute version of the song, it seemed shorter, although I haven't seen the actual length (my guess is like 6 minutes).

Some meh / not so great moments.

1. Herky jerky set-list after Ten. It felt disjointed and never recaptured the vibe from the Ten > Breakerfall run.

2. Corduroy. This call / response breakdown thing in the middle was terrible. It needs to stop now.

3. Ed's voice during the 1st encore was like Ed imitating Scott Stapp imitating Ed. Bee Girl, Just Breathe, and All or None were like that to me.

4. Covers. Drop the covers and play more stuff of your albums. I'd gladly trade the 4 or 5 covers for one each from Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, and RA.

5. Matt's drumming overall. Man, would it kill him to lift the highhat some and let the groove in. He came off super sterile on some songs.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm

darth_vedder wrote:2. Corduroy. This call / response breakdown thing in the middle was terrible. It needs to stop now.

There isn't much I didn't like from the two shows I was at, but at one of them he did this. I don't like it one bit in this song.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:29 pm

darth_vedder wrote:Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

after 4 or 5 shows in a row on Stone's side, I was happy to be on Mike's side this tour.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:35 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

after 4 or 5 shows in a row on Stone's side, I was happy to be on Mike's side this tour.


Haha, yeah, Mikes side was definitely more wild. My last show (Baltimore 2013) I was on Mikes side in GA and it was definitely more energetic. However, being in between Stone and Ed, was more energetic than just being on Stone's side. Ed worked the crowd in the middle right pretty good.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Mike's a show stealer. He works the crowd, with hits and misses. But he likes to have the eyes on him. The Stone and Ed combo is a great one-two punch, but definitely less flashy. How many times do you really wanna watch Ed try and do a 5th grade toe touch?

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 8:42 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Mike's a show stealer. He works the crowd, with hits and misses. But he likes to have the eyes on him. The Stone and Ed combo is a great one-two punch, but definitely less flashy. How many times do you really wanna watch Ed try and do a 5th grade toe touch?



Not much. Same with him jumping around. He's over 50 now, I don't want to see him like this:

Image

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Mon May 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Ha! Axl's promoting the Foo Fighters every show by sitting in that thing.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tue May 03, 2016 3:58 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Mike's a show stealer. He works the crowd, with hits and misses. But he likes to have the eyes on him. The Stone and Ed combo is a great one-two punch, but definitely less flashy. How many times do you really wanna watch Ed try and do a 5th grade toe touch?


alot

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:Oh, there was also a fun moment when during Just Breathe, Stone was sitting by Matt. Stone was mimicking some power chords and headbangin, and Matt was doing some super fast air drumming. Not sure what that was about, but it was kinda fun to see, and added to the things I liked about being on Stone's side. Maybe I'm Stone's Bitch?

after 4 or 5 shows in a row on Stone's side, I was happy to be on Mike's side this tour.


it all depends, on the angle that the speakers hit you. If you are between speakers, there will be mud

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sat May 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Ed sounds pretty choked up by the 3rd verse.




beautiful version.

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tue May 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Yeah. That Release was very powerful. Hearing it at the end of Ten like that again really puts it into context

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thu May 12, 2016 1:56 am

opsopcopolis wrote:Yeah. That Release was very powerful. Hearing it at the end of Ten like that again really puts it into context


Possibly the highlight of the shows I saw this tour. It felt like Ed really meant the words this time... Like it somehow was still new to him...

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thu May 12, 2016 2:20 am

I've been to 2 shows where he's cried

Re: 2016-04-29: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 am

Ed's a bitch.
Post a reply