The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-28: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:09 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
so how was the actual show?

The energy from the band and their interaction with the crowd was something special. It was one of those rare shows where they're clearly having a blast but they're also nailing every single song. It was like a celebration but with the band totally locked in at the same time.

Fuckin' Up was especially great!

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:16 pm 
The Master

bluestate wrote:
stip wrote:
so how was the actual show?

The energy from the band and their interaction with the crowd was something special. It was one of those rare shows where they're clearly having a blast but they're also nailing every single song. It was like a celebration but with the band totally locked in at the same time.

Fuckin' Up was especially great!

Glad you had a good time. From what I've heard of this tour on the Sirius XM Channel, it sounds like the band is locked in on this tour.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:25 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

The strangest thing for me was that the difference between the BS/LB tours and last night in terms of the audience and their appreciation/enthusiasm for the newer material was drastic. The last few tours have been pretty much summed up as middle-aged dudes who stand and wait patiently when they play the BS/LB songs but then freak out as soon as a Ten song comes on. That's what I've come to expect by now. Last night was such a different experience, at least in my section of the GA floor. I felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of younger people. I'm only 37 but there were a bunch of mid to late-20's "kids" who freaked out for LB, UK, MYM and even Got Some and GSMF got some love as well. Hell, everyone around me was even engaged for both In the Moonlight and Education! I feel like there is a newer generation of fans being born which didn't have the whole "13 years old in '91 watching the video for Alive on MTV for the first time and grabbing the closest broom and turning it into an air guitar" experience.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bluestate wrote:
The strangest thing for me was that the difference between the BS/LB tours and last night in terms of the audience and their appreciation/enthusiasm for the newer material was drastic. The last few tours have been pretty much summed up as middle-aged dudes who stand and wait patiently when they play the BS/LB songs but then freak out as soon as a Ten song comes on. That's what I've come to expect by now. Last night was such a different experience, at least in my section of the GA floor. I felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of younger people. I'm only 37 but there were a bunch of mid to late-20's "kids" who freaked out for LB, UK, MYM and even Got Some and GSMF got some love as well. Hell, everyone around me was even engaged for both In the Moonlight and Education! I feel like there is a newer generation of fans being born which didn't have the whole "13 years old in '91 watching the video for Alive on MTV for the first time and grabbing the closest broom and turning it into an air guitar" experience.

I got this vibe at the two shows I was at this tour as well.

Well said.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:27 pm 
The worst

quick, everyone into PJ Chat before you start liking the band again!

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 2:30 pm 
mXn

stip wrote:
quick, everyone into PJ Chat before you start liking the band again!

It's almost like McCready didn't go to sleep and instead created a couple RM accounts.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 4:10 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bluestate wrote:

Well said.

Every crowd really cheered for Sirens, MYM and LB at all the LB era shows I attended. Message board appreciation and in person appreciation never go hand in hand.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 5:02 pm 
mXn

CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bluestate wrote:

Well said.

Every crowd really cheered for Sirens, MYM and LB at all the LB era shows I attended. Message board appreciation and in person appreciation never go hand in hand.

Are you saying this is no longer the LB era?

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 5:16 pm 
Major Dude

CopperTom wrote:

Sirens was HUGE in Lexington. Not for me, but the crowd was so into it.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 6:05 pm 
Champion of RM

Bammer wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bluestate wrote:

Well said.

Are you saying this is no longer the LB era?

In my book, it's LB era until the next album is released.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 6:27 pm 
AnalLog

Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
A stupid mop tag would be funny though.

Apparently it's been done before:

http://www.livefootsteps.org/songs/?song_id=191

That's a really cool tag. It's a shame they only did it the one time. Also: That show is a monster. Check out this setlist:

set:
1. Corduroy
2. Whipping
3. Last Exit
4. Tremor Christ
5. Spin the Black Circle
6. Animal
7. Dissident
8. State of Love and Trust
9. Daughter/(Stupid Mop)/(ABitW-II)
10. Blood
11. Jeremy
12. Why Go
13. I Got Shit
14. Rearviewmirror
15. Better Man
16. Jam
17. Not for You
18. Go
19. Alive

encore 1:
20. Once
21. Satan’s Bed
22. Footsteps
23. Porch

encore 2:
24. Throw Your Arms Around Me
25. Yellow Ledbetter
26. Baba O’Riley

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 7:02 pm 
The Master

matt reeder wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:

That's a really cool tag. It's a shame they only did it the one time.

Was surprised to learn about this today, just took a listen at http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... D&ext.html

It's just Ed repeating the dialogue from Stupid Mop over the outro, starts around 3:50. Still, cool to find out about this 21 years later.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 7:47 pm 
Future Drummer

I could do without Eddie saying "Spanking, that's the only thing I want so much" over background music

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 8:06 pm 
Rank This Poster

tragabigzanda wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:

That's a really cool tag. It's a shame they only did it the one time.

Was surprised to learn about this today, just took a listen at http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... D&ext.html

It's just Ed repeating the dialogue from Stupid Mop over the outro, starts around 3:50. Still, cool to find out about this 21 years later.

Ha! Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 9:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

mikejasond wrote:
I could do without Eddie saying "Spanking, that's the only thing I want so much" over background music

There's a half decent "paint a picture, 50 Shades of Grey" joke in there somewhere..

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 11:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Stupid Mop frightened me when it was released. And now that I am older, I realize it's just really bad art.

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 12:20 am 
AnalLog

Coach wrote:
Stupid Mop frightened me when it was released. And now that I am older, I realize it's just really bad art.

I love that song. I know y'all are hating on it but I honestly love it and I think Vitalogy wouldn't be the same without it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:16 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

matt reeder wrote:
Coach wrote:

I love that song. I know y'all are hating on it but I honestly love it and I think Vitalogy wouldn't be the same without it.

Me too

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:36 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Kaius wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
Coach wrote:

Me too

Third! Or should I say... turd? 8-)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

RM, this was really good show. Probably my favorite of the last four.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live