The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10797
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31429
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I loved that. The sound that was captured and the viewpoint that was captured with that video was perfect. The thought that went through my head was "Man, pearl jam is still pearl jam, just a 5 piece band (boom?) still hammering out songs"

I think thats so cool. Talk all you want about Ed's voice and aging and all that, but I love that they are still up there. Just a band.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I loved that. The sound that was captured and the viewpoint that was captured with that video was perfect. The thought that went through my head was "Man, pearl jam is still pearl jam, just a 5 piece band (boom?) still hammering out songs"

I think thats so cool. Talk all you want about Ed's voice and aging and all that, but I love that they are still up there. Just a band.

Agreed

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 4204
wow that sounded excellent and the crowd looked like tremendous winners,



not


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10797
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I loved that. The sound that was captured and the viewpoint that was captured with that video was perfect. The thought that went through my head was "Man, pearl jam is still pearl jam, just a 5 piece band (boom?) still hammering out songs"

I think thats so cool. Talk all you want about Ed's voice and aging and all that, but I love that they are still up there. Just a band.

Agreed

I can get behind this too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45142
Nice version of the song, but to many fedoras in that crowd. Holy wow.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31429
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I loved that. The sound that was captured and the viewpoint that was captured with that video was perfect. The thought that went through my head was "Man, pearl jam is still pearl jam, just a 5 piece band (boom?) still hammering out songs"

I think thats so cool. Talk all you want about Ed's voice and aging and all that, but I love that they are still up there. Just a band.

Agreed

I can get behind this too.


:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5133
Location: the afterlife...
Birds in Hell wrote:
I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I think he wore a jacket like that when PJ opened for the Stones back in '97... If it's the same one, it's a damn miracle it's not moth eaten by now!

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
On paper that setlist looks great, especially for a festival.

Very weird to see PJ playing during daylight, not at night. Kinda has a county fair, has-been vibe to it on the video.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15976
Bammer wrote:
On paper that setlist looks great, especially for a festival.

Very weird to see PJ playing during daylight, not at night. Kinda has a county fair, has-been vibe to it on the video.

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Was PJ Saturday's headliner?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10797
Iholdthepain wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I think he wore a jacket like that when PJ opened for the Stones back in '97... If it's the same one, it's a damn miracle it's not moth eaten by now!

Woah, good catch!



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Birds in Hell wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I think he wore a jacket like that when PJ opened for the Stones back in '97... If it's the same one, it's a damn miracle it's not moth eaten by now!

Woah, good catch!


This is some very high level Pearl Jam posting

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Bammer wrote:
Was PJ Saturday's headliner?

And is there a noise ordinance / curfew?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1827
Location: Rand McNally
Birds in Hell wrote:
Nope, really was halfway through the set - it's happened twice this tour.

Image

Looks like Arms Aloft was going to open and State was a last minute addition - would have been interesting as an opener, but Arms in the number two slot after that would have been even more of a let down than it was at PJ20 :thumbsdown:


Last edited by ridleybradout on Sun April 24, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29099
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Nice version of the song, but to many fedoras in that crowd. Holy wow.

Jazzfest is mostly senior citizens

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9051
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Was PJ Saturday's headliner?

And is there a noise ordinance / curfew?



Yeah. The curfew for the park the festival is held at is 7pm SHARP. They try to get everyone out of there by 7. We were shocked when we went last time PJ was there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 2705
Birds in Hell wrote:
Arms Aloft:



I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.


Pearl Jam better in daylight.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 8881
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Bammer wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I think he wore a jacket like that when PJ opened for the Stones back in '97... If it's the same one, it's a damn miracle it's not moth eaten by now!

Woah, good catch!


This is some very high level Pearl Jam posting

Take it to the Pit you two.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016-04-23: New Orleans, Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun April 24, 2016 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
CopperTom wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I feel as though Ed's worn that jacket on stage before at some point but I can't remember when.

I think he wore a jacket like that when PJ opened for the Stones back in '97... If it's the same one, it's a damn miracle it's not moth eaten by now!

Woah, good catch!


This is some very high level Pearl Jam posting

Take it to the Pit you two.

Never seen that. Really nice take on Even Flow. I miss Jack.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 5:15 am