The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: CANCELLED! 2016-04-20:Raleigh, North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 3:30 am 
Broken Tamborine

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
spike wrote:
veddar10 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I dont agree with them with this...its a bolder move to play there and make a statement...quitting? whats the point on not playing at all? You want to make a statement? play there, invite people to discuss whats happening, make a very cool setlist, do something.

Gotta agree with you. I don't really see much of a statement being made here. The only thing this does is upset and cost fans a lot of money who have been waiting nearly a decade to see the band in NC. The majority of said fans agree with the views of the band and don't support discriminatory laws. Why not use the opportunity to make a bigger statement and motivate people to get up and do something about it. Sorry guys. Hope they make it up at a later date.

of course pearl jam cancelling a show isn't going to turn the tide on its own, but when enough bands, businesses, etc. boycott the state, it can make a financial impact, which is how you change things in a capitalist country.

Also, they played Raleigh in 2013.

*Charlotte

whatever

*wherever

shit I forgot about that show. I just read what Ed said at the show tonight though and thought about it a bit more I can understand the band's perspective a bit more and you made a good point about combined efforts. More than anything I think I just felt bad about the fans who got the cancel at the last minute. It would bum me out

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 4:15 am 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
whatever

*wherever

Whenever

Man that is a great song

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 4:40 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Although I agree with the band's viewpoint, the cancellation within 2 days is ridiculous. Just a quick look shows that the Greenville venue is available that night so they could have proved a point by moving the venue to another state, playing the show for those who could have redirected their plans, proved a point that the law will hit the state financially and kept most people happy.

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 5:26 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

and to do it on 4/20 of all days!

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 6:52 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

WtOB? wrote:
and to do it on 4/20 of all days!

It all makes sense now. Ed cancelled to blaze up all day. High AF.

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 9:23 am 
Broken Tamborine

LetMeSleep wrote:
Although I agree with the band's viewpoint, the cancellation within 2 days is ridiculous. Just a quick look shows that the Greenville venue is available that night so they could have proved a point by moving the venue to another state, playing the show for those who could have redirected their plans, proved a point that the law will hit the state financially and kept most people happy.

Maybe to the available venue the were playing the following night?

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=1278

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 9:37 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Makes even more sense. Plus it gives the :finger: to NC while still giving the fans something.

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 10:12 am 
Broken Tamborine

LetMeSleep wrote:
Makes even more sense. Plus it gives the :finger: to NC while still giving the fans something.

Right? The equipment is going to be parked at the there on the 20th now anyway and it's not like the local government would have said "no! no permit for you! We don't want the hundreds of thousands of dollars stimulating our economy you libtards!"

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=1278

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2016 10:40 pm 
Major Dude

Guys, you knew they would cancel as soon as Springsteen did. Ed's got such a hard-on for him they could do nothing other than exactly what Springsteen did. "Bruce cancels 2 days before his show? That must be ok, we'll do it too."

To me, instead of giving the "fuck you" to North Carolina, all it does is gives a bigger "fuck you" to fans that have already spent money and made plans to be at this show supporting this band they love. If they were going to cancel, which we all knew they would, they should've done it at the onset of the tour. NOT 2 days before the show. No class at all.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 12:51 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
spike wrote:
veddar10 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I dont agree with them with this...its a bolder move to play there and make a statement...quitting? whats the point on not playing at all? You want to make a statement? play there, invite people to discuss whats happening, make a very cool setlist, do something.

Gotta agree with you. I don't really see much of a statement being made here. The only thing this does is upset and cost fans a lot of money who have been waiting nearly a decade to see the band in NC. The majority of said fans agree with the views of the band and don't support discriminatory laws. Why not use the opportunity to make a bigger statement and motivate people to get up and do something about it. Sorry guys. Hope they make it up at a later date.

of course pearl jam cancelling a show isn't going to turn the tide on its own, but when enough bands, businesses, etc. boycott the state, it can make a financial impact, which is how you change things in a capitalist country.

Also, they played Raleigh in 2013.

*Charlotte

whatever

*wherever

Makes a difference, b/c the people who live in Charlotte probably went to Greenville. It's closer to them than Raleigh, where Pearl Jam last played in 2003.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 4:49 am 
mXn

wease wrote:
Guys, you knew they would cancel as soon as Springsteen did. Ed's got such a hard-on for him they could do nothing other than exactly what Springsteen did. "Bruce cancels 2 days before his show? That must be ok, we'll do it too."

To me, instead of giving the "fuck you" to North Carolina, all it does is gives a bigger "fuck you" to fans that have already spent money and made plans to be at this show supporting this band they love. If they were going to cancel, which we all knew they would, they should've done it at the onset of the tour. NOT 2 days before the show. No class at all.

Never should have been on the tour schedule. Fo sho.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 5:50 am 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:

Never should have been on the tour schedule. Fo sho.

I think it's funny that they fu€|<ed those southern dummies...

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 3:04 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

wease wrote:

My totally unsubstantiated theory is that PJ and Bruce decided to do this together

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 3:19 pm 
Major Dude

mkay0 wrote:
wease wrote:

My totally unsubstantiated theory is that PJ and Bruce decided to do this together

Not out of the bounds of possibility. However, if they did do that, that makes an even bigger douchebag move on PJ's part because they would've known from the onset of the tour they wouldn't be playing that show, yet they cancelled 2 days before.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 7:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Fuck it's nice here.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2016 9:43 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu April 21, 2016 12:44 am 
Champion of RM

1. 2X4

PostPosted: Thu April 21, 2016 12:49 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

1. 2x4
2. Navy Bean
3. Let It Ride
4. Sirens
5. Unthought Known
6. The Fixer

Yaaaaawn I'm going to bed.

PostPosted: Thu April 21, 2016 1:04 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Come Back

PostPosted: Thu April 21, 2016 4:31 am 
mXn

November Rain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live