Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2015 Official Bootlegs

Sun April 24, 2016 6:16 am

I think Bogota was one of the only shows unmarred by distortion on Ed's vocal track. I'd get that one.

Mon April 25, 2016 4:58 pm

evenslow wrote:Great story alert: borrowed my father-in-law's car today and he has Sirius, so guess who dialed up ol' channel 22.

When I did, I was greeted with "Hard to Imagine" from 11/11/15 in Porto Alegre. Was struck by how good Ed sounded, especially on "things were different then...". It's a register that still really works for him, after all these years.

Paging user Release_Me to discuss what notes he hits there and why it's good.

Anyway, thought the band sounded fantastic on that track.

Now someone answer hlniv's question for Christ's sake.

Birds in Hell wrote:I think Bogota was one of the only shows unmarred by distortion on Ed's vocal track. I'd get that one.

17 days for an answer, but it's from a reliable source. I had been thinking either Belo Horizonte or Rio, but honestly, I forgot about it completely.

So, are there distortion problems on Belo or Rio?

Is Bogota the consensus solely due to the sound of Ed's voice?

Need more opinions!

Mon April 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Sorry, I haven't listened to the tour yet. I thought the first show or 2 didn't have the distortion either.

Sat August 19, 2017 10:10 pm

I finally listened to the entire tour in order. This was probably my favorite of the 3 South America tours. Sadly, it will be remembered for the digi-noise more than anything else.

I'd rank them from best to worst as:

São Paulo, Brazil
Bogotá, Colombia
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
México D.F., Mexico
La Plata, Argentina
Quilicura, Chile
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brasília, Brazil
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Post a reply