Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2015 Official Bootlegs

Mon December 28, 2015 7:36 am

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed of your progress

Wed January 06, 2016 5:47 am

Looks like they have now down tuned Sirens :\

Wed January 06, 2016 6:20 am

Strat wrote:Looks like they have now down tuned Sirens :\

And Ed's fear goes away.

Wed January 06, 2016 7:33 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the South American bootlegs but I did listen to the samples of the Porto Alegre show on the Nugs site and there's very obvious distortion on Ed's vocal track.

Someone posted this somewhat cryptic response from 10C:

Due to inconsistent power sources used throughout our Latin American tour, digital distortion can sometimes occur. While no recording is perfect, it seems as though the Porto Alegre show exhibited a little more of this distortion than normal. We have thoroughly examined the recordings and have determined that we've done all that we can to eliminate this problem.

Thanks
10 Club

FYI

Wed January 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Shit. That's the first that I've seen the response.

Wed January 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the South American bootlegs but I did listen to the samples of the Porto Alegre show on the Nugs site and there's very obvious distortion on Ed's vocal track.

Due to inconsistent power sources used throughout our Latin American tour, digital distortion can sometimes occur. While no recording is perfect, it seems as though the Porto Alegre show exhibited a little more of this distortion than normal. We have thoroughly examined the recordings and have determined that we've done all that we can to eliminate this problem.

Thanks
10 Club

FYI

sounds like they caught a bolt of lightning

Wed January 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the South American bootlegs but I did listen to the samples of the Porto Alegre show on the Nugs site and there's very obvious distortion on Ed's vocal track.

Thanks
10 Club

FYI

So, in other words, 10C is pretty saying "suck it, we can't fix it"

Wed January 06, 2016 8:10 pm

At least they released it. I guess.

Thu January 07, 2016 4:21 am

Havent listened to Porto Alegre yet. Both Santiago and Buenos Aires sounded great, and were awesome shows.

Fri January 08, 2016 2:41 pm

I'm behind on these too, going through 2005 Canada shows in Flac. How are these so far?

Fri January 08, 2016 4:41 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:Looks like they have now down tuned Sirens :\

And Ed's fear goes away.

This made me lol.

Sat January 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Listened Santiago and Buenos Aires
Agree that the crowd isn't the best for a enjoyable bootleg (better for enjoyable concert in it), set list has few rarities and focus in best known song of the band but I need to say that from my point of view I have lost my faith in listening EV as I hear I those boots. Full of air in the lungs, less out of tune than 2010-2014 and less artificial trick with the voice to get some parts of song

The band sounds great for this first bootlegs, usually they increase the level in next performance. And boots mixed have excellent quality

Sun January 10, 2016 4:39 am

Taking a brief jump around Sao Paulo and I'm mystified why they continue to play Comatose when Ed:

a. Never remembers when to start the first line, and

b. can't remember the words or timing even when he finally gets going.

Sun January 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Ill listen to Porto and Rio this week.

Sun January 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:Taking a brief jump around Sao Paulo and I'm mystified why they continue to play Comatose when Ed:

Very irritating because i like that song

Mon January 11, 2016 8:53 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:Taking a brief jump around Sao Paulo and I'm mystified why they continue to play Comatose when Ed:

I didn't like that song when I first heard it on Avocado, but after hearing it live on the 2006 tour it grew on me a lot.

Mon January 11, 2016 2:15 pm

chuck taylor wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I didn't like that song when I first heard it on Avocado, but after hearing it live on the 2006 tour it grew on me a lot.

It is a much better live song

Wed January 13, 2016 10:36 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
chuck taylor wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It is a much better live song

It was in 2006, not so much since.

There's only two kinds of songs Pearl Jam will reliably pull off these days:

1. Songs played at every show or every other show (eg. Even Flow, Alive, Go, Black, etc.)
2. Frequently-played brand new songs (eg. Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners on the last tour).

Deeper album cuts, whether older songs or songs from a new record that aren't played every night, are almost never played well. There's barely a listenable live version of any song from the S/T album after the 2006 tour, even songs that were played every night back then such as Severed Hand and Comatose. While trainwreck performances aren't the norm, there is a general hesitancy to the band's playing, as though you can almost hear them wondering if this is where the bridge starts, etc.

This wasn't an issue for the shows from the early 90s to 2000. I don't think it's due to any change in their rehearsal regimen, I think it's simply that they were both drawing from a smaller catalogue and playing setlists with a great deal less variety. They would need to be putting in some serious hours in the rehearsal room to confidently play all of the songs they currently run through on tour and I don't think they're willing to put in that kind of effort. The vast majority of fans walk away pleased with the current shows anyway, so I can imagine it's hardly keeping any of them awake at night. I'd love to see them cut back on the variety to an extent and bring some more focus into the setlists but I think that's a forlorn hope at this stage.

Wed January 13, 2016 1:05 pm

I don't know spenno, you still find good versions of old song and less played songs. There like tinder these days. You just gotta keep digging for the good stuff.

Wed January 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Hey, I said almost never!
Post a reply