The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Tour Rumors
PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2015 6:11 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
No announcement in the newsletter about a tour.

Isn't the newsletter usually 15 months behind?

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 2:23 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Someone randomly on the forum has said pj are playing Prague on the 28th June - new one

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 5:47 pm 
Rank This Poster

philly in april

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 6:04 pm 
Champion of RM

Nashville is now rumored to be on 4/18. I'm not sure what that means for Columbia. Sorry Ruddo.

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 6:11 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

CopperTom wrote:
Nashville is now rumored to be on 4/18. I'm not sure what that means for Columbia. Sorry Ruddo.

I'm ok with that as long as they hit Raleigh and Charlotte. I'd like to get two shows in on the next tour.

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 9:21 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

CopperTom wrote:

Hmm, that's a Monday. An Atlanta date could possably be the weekend before.

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 9:27 pm 
Champion of RM

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Hmm, that's a Monday. An Atlanta date could possably be the weekend before.

4/15 is rumored for ATL.

PostPosted: Thu November 12, 2015 11:44 pm 
Champion of RM

dimejinky99 wrote:
Someone randomly on the forum has said pj are playing Prague on the 28th June - new one

London too.

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 1:38 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I do wonder if there's something to the idea of some kind of new release being in the pipeline if they're playing a pretty substantial US tour as well as a run of Euro dates - seems like a lot of activity for an "off" year.

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 2:24 am 
A Return To Form

Birds in Hell wrote:
I do wonder if there's something to the idea of some kind of new release being in the pipeline if they're playing a pretty substantial US tour as well as a run of Euro dates - seems like a lot of activity for an "off" year.

I totally agree. Surprise releases seem to be all the rage these days. I doubt this band would be launching their longest tour in ten years just go go out and play Lightning Bolt songs for a fourth year.

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 4:22 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

TouringReg wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I totally agree. Surprise releases seem to be all the rage these days. I doubt this band would be launching their longest tour in ten years just go go out and play Lightning Bolt songs for a fourth year.

I can't take pendulum as an opener much longer

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 6:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
TouringReg wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I can't take pendulum as an opener much longer

To and Fro

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 7:27 pm 
AnalLog

Birds in Hell wrote:

Well, next year is the 25th anniversary of Ten. Maybe they realize they should have done a more substantial tour for PJ20. I still haven't forgiven them for making such a big deal of PJ20 and then not playing even a single show in their hometown. I mean, who needs to play in your hometown when you can play a show in Saskatoon?

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 8:03 pm 
Champion of RM

matt reeder wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Well, next year is the 25th anniversary of Ten. Maybe they realize they should have done a more substantial tour for PJ20. I still haven't forgiven them for making such a big deal of PJ20 and then not playing even a single show in their hometown. I mean, who needs to play in your hometown when you can play a show in Saskatoon?

But they played Running Back To Saskatoon.

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2015 10:50 pm 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

But they played Running Back To Saskatoon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It would have been so easy, too. All they had to do was add a Seattle date or two after Vancouver. :shake:

If they don't have a release to promote next year then it's probably a 25th anniversary tour. Or...a farewell (until the inevitable cash-in a few years later) tour?

PostPosted: Mon November 16, 2015 11:13 pm 
Future Drummer

I've talked to few people who said the band was really unhappy with the Seattle crowds in 2009 and 2013

PostPosted: Mon November 16, 2015 11:20 pm 
Champion of RM

lowlight79 wrote:
I've talked to few people who said the band was really unhappy with the Seattle crowds in 2009 and 2013

I've heard stories about the 2009 crowd. If I'm remembering the story correctly, a few people up front pulled out newspapers during Even Flow and pretended to read. Brats.
The 2013 crowd was good, not great. Nothing to be unhappy about, though.

PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2015 12:12 am 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

I've heard stories about the 2009 crowd. If I'm remembering the story correctly, a few people up front pulled out newspapers during Even Flow and pretended to read. Brats.
The 2013 crowd was good, not great. Nothing to be unhappy about, though.

The 2009 shows weren't that good, to be honest.

And frankly, when you ignore your home town as much as PJ does (3 shows in the last 11 years) I kind of expect it. There are a lot of people out here who think PJ broke up years ago.

PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2015 3:28 am 

I was at both 09 shows and the crowds were shitty. At one point ed gave up on a call and response. I hadn't heard about the newspapers though. Sir mix a lot was at one of the shows so maybe the guys were just nervous

PostPosted: Tue November 17, 2015 7:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I was at both 09 shows and the crowds were shitty. At one point ed gave up on a call and response. I hadn't heard about the newspapers though. Sir mix a lot was at one of the shows so maybe the guys were just nervous

i was at both of those too. it would have been a lot better if i was standing next to Ruddo. We could have high-fived when they played No Way. And looked at each other and yelled, "NOoooooo WAYYY!!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live