The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2006 Tour
PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2015 10:28 am 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

fricken lasers

I was at the Toronto shows and was pretty pumped for em having just seen the letterman webcast days before

why go
inside job
weird slow 'garden'
lotsa of MC backup singin

PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2015 10:00 pm 
Future Drummer

the lasers didn't even survive the whole us tour, right? i seem to remember seeing them in chicago and then not the west coast, but my memory might be fuzzy now.

PostPosted: Wed September 23, 2015 4:44 am 
AnalLog

AndySlash wrote:
the lasers didn't even survive the whole us tour, right? i seem to remember seeing them in chicago and then not the west coast, but my memory might be fuzzy now.

I don't recall seeing lasers at either of my 2006 shows, but one of them was one of the smallest venues they played on that tour (in Portland, the Schnitz holds about 2,800) and the other was at the Gorge, where you don't need shit like that.

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2015 10:07 pm 
Champion of RM

The lasers were funny to me. Used on so few songs and not used every night. There were only a few beams too.

PostPosted: Thu September 24, 2015 10:09 pm 
Champion of RM

matt reeder wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

I don't recall seeing lasers at either of my 2006 shows, but one of them was one of the smallest venues they played on that tour (in Portland, the Schnitz holds about 2,800) and the other was at the Gorge, where you don't need shit like that.

I thought they worked better outdoors. Indoors they had to be aimed at the facing of the decks to make sure they were not shining in anyone's face.

PostPosted: Sat October 03, 2015 10:06 pm 
A Return To Form

CopperTom wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

I thought they worked better outdoors. Indoors they had to be aimed at the facing of the decks to make sure they were not shining in anyone's face.

There was a radio interview with Stone during one of the America legs and he said the lasers were too expensive, not sure if he was joking or not.

I saw them the first two nights in Toronto, I don't think the lasers lasted the first leg.

PostPosted: Wed December 30, 2015 10:30 am 
Broken Tamborine

Just listened to Cleveland 2006 the other day. Slowly making my way through this tour.

Really solid show, but I could have done without Don't Gimme No Lip :shake:

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 3:17 am 
Future Drummer

chuck taylor wrote:
Just listened to Cleveland 2006 the other day. Slowly making my way through this tour.

Why? Did Eddie fuck it up? Stone doesn't play guitar on that.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 4:12 am 
Broken Tamborine

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
chuck taylor wrote:

The performance was fine. It's just one of my least favorite PJ songs.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 4:43 am 
Banned from the Pit

chuck taylor wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
chuck taylor wrote:

The performance was fine. It's just one of my least favorite PJ songs.

Me and my girlfriend went to that Cleveland show; it was a really good show but "Don't Gimme No Lip" didn't damper it in any way.

For the record, we hate that song, too.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 5:38 am 
Broken Tamborine

breakerfall66 wrote:

Me and my girlfriend went to that Cleveland show; it was a really good show but "Don't Gimme No Lip" didn't damper it in any way.

For the record, we hate that song, too.

Nice. Yea, the song didn't ruin the bootleg in any way, I just didn't care to hear it.

I wish I could have gone to this show. I lived in Buffalo at the time. I had just gone to both Toronto shows, and I was saving my money for a Camden/DC/East Rutherford road trip.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 5:54 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Seeing Stone sing Don't Gimme No Lip in 2006 is one of the highlights of the times I've seen the band - I'm very fond of the song however.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2015 1:41 pm 
tl;dr

I thought "Don't Gimme No Lip" was a turd when it came out on "Lost Dogs" but the live versions allowed me to appreciate what a fun and frisky little throwaway it is. I love it now and would love to see it at a show someday (thankfully I got to see "Mankind" last year in Moline).

PostPosted: Wed January 06, 2016 2:28 am 
Broken Tamborine

I loved that Santa Barbara show. Wasn't very impressed with Sonic Youth as the opener but both sets were excellent. Venue was great and the band seemed to be having a great time that night. I haven't listened to the boot in awhile but might I think I enjoyed this show more than the two I saw in San Fran. The versions of Black and Porch stood out to me there. I remember me and my friend wondering who the hell that weirdo was crouched behind the speaker which we later realized from Iconoclasts was Laird Hamilton. Some dude next to me kept telling me he saw Jack Irons walking around behind the stage but I didn't see him. My friend that went with me was being a little bitch that night because he found out he knocked up some girl and totally ruined our chances with these girls we met on the beach earlier that day. Memories. Think I'll listen to this on the morning drive tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun January 24, 2016 4:29 pm 
mXn

I missed Gorge I due to being best man in my best friend's wedding. As I recall, these tour dates were announced approx 6 months ahead of time, give or take. A few months before that, he told me his wedding date. I was like "dude, can't you just wait until PJ announces their tour schedule?" but he had already booked the venue. Sure enough, Gorge I was on his wedding day. Only a few years later when planning my own wedding did I come to understand what a big deal it is planning a wedding. So I felt bad.

Anyway, we all went to Gorge II together ... his wife included ... the day after their wedding. It was awesome. As I recall this was the show where it was REALLY hot (they played the year before, I don't think it was quite as hot) and Ed was in a tanktop and shorts. He made a joke about how he's not trying to bring grunge fashion back, it was just really hot. He ended up singing GTF from atop the roof of the soundboard area at the back of the lower reserved section.

I'll always be pissed at my friend for making me miss Gorge I. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2016 2:14 am 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:
I missed Gorge I due to being best man in my best friend's wedding. As I recall, these tour dates were announced approx 6 months ahead of time, give or take. A few months before that, he told me his wedding date. I was like "dude, can't you just wait until PJ announces their tour schedule?" but he had already booked the venue. Sure enough, Gorge I was on his wedding day. Only a few years later when planning my own wedding did I come to understand what a big deal it is planning a wedding. So I felt bad.

Anyway, we all went to Gorge II together ... his wife included ... the day after their wedding. It was awesome. As I recall this was the show where it was REALLY hot (they played the year before, I don't think it was quite as hot) and Ed was in a tanktop and shorts. He made a joke about how he's not trying to bring grunge fashion back, it was just really hot. He ended up singing GTF from atop the roof of the soundboard area at the back of the lower reserved section.

I'll always be pissed at my friend for making me miss Gorge I. 8-)

Gorge 1 was incredible, dude.

I missed Gorge 2 because I could only afford one of the two shows (I also went to Portland, a last-minute decision as I didn't think I could get in). I don't care. Nothing will ever top Gorge 1 for me.

Last edited by matt reeder on Mon January 25, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon January 25, 2016 4:17 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Those Gorge shows are amazing.

St Paul 1...i wont get tired of saying it. Its that good.

PostPosted: Wed March 02, 2016 3:42 am 
Broken Tamborine

This has been the only tour I was lucky enough to see two shows on the same tour. Was at Cincy and Cleveland. Both really great shows as well. Agree with the Cleveland comments; awesome show - highlight for me was Immortality. That solo, I can't listen to it enough....
Cincy was great as well - listen to this one quite a bit.

PostPosted: Sat March 05, 2016 8:56 pm 
Champion of RM

Just listened to the second East Rutherford show. Very good. Only real blemish is the power surge delay. You can really hear the hyper speed Matt start to take over though.

PostPosted: Sat March 05, 2016 9:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I should revisit this tour. I was kinda fatigued with boots after hearing so many 2000 and 2003 shows. I think I have a SF show, don't know which one though. Maybe I'll listen to it. I also have the two shows I saw this tour (Camden/Philly 2, and DC), but I don't think either are "must haves" from the tour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live