The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2006 Tour
PostPosted: Sat March 05, 2016 11:08 pm 
Champion of RM

darth_vedder wrote:
I should revisit this tour. I was kinda fatigued with boots after hearing so many 2000 and 2003 shows. I think I have a SF show, don't know which one though. Maybe I'll listen to it. I also have the two shows I saw this tour (Camden/Philly 2, and DC), but I don't think either are "must haves" from the tour.

Leg 1 is the weakest of the 4 legs, but Camden 2 is one of the better shows of that leg.

PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 8:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Why is this tour so good? Like it IS but what got into the band that made it so good?

PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 8:40 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mikejasond wrote:
Why is this tour so good? Like it IS but what got into the band that made it so good?

Eddie probably started playing more guitar

PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 8:46 pm 
Future Drummer

Its one of Eddie's vocal peaks though, its so strange

PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 10:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

mikejasond wrote:

Touring behind an album full of strong songs that worked well live probably helped but also the sheer length of the tour meant they really got warmed up in a way they haven't since; that doesn't really happen when they play a handful of shows every 6-12 months.

PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 10:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Dang I was listening to the Albany show on youtube and now I know what show the bumper comes from on Sirius XM before it plays their concerts (Where Eddie talks about how some people want to hear the classics, others want to hear the things they never play, and they should do a poll and see how many of the freaks are there and how many of the normal people are there)

Weird to be able to now know exactly what random show they took that vocal clip from

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 4:11 pm 
AnalLog

mikejasond wrote:

They practiced. S/T had them excited. I know Mike always talks up the new record like it's the best thing since Vs., but it seemed like they all felt they had made another great rock record and wanted to prove it. The loads of rehearsal had them stale on the east coast, but it paid off as they played more and more shows. They could drop anything in the middle of a setlist (ie. God's Dice at Gorge II) and it might rival the best versions they'd played in 6 years. I'm thankful to have seen so many shows that tour.

Like Birds in Hell said, the S/T songs were great live and always kept the momentum going.

Last edited by Hatfield on Wed July 19, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 4:13 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

mikejasond wrote:
Dang I was listening to the Albany show on youtube and now I know what show the bumper comes from on Sirius XM before it plays their concerts (Where Eddie talks about how some people want to hear the classics, others want to hear the things they never play, and they should do a poll and see how many of the freaks are there and how many of the normal people are there)

Weird to be able to now know exactly what random show they took that vocal clip from

I was at that Albany show; it was a lot of fun, even with crappy seats.

PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 2:20 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I was at that Albany show as well. One of my favorite shows I've been to, not the best, but a definite favorite. Just a really fun evening. Like others have mentioned, the S/T songs work great live. And they kept the energy going through last portions of the night. Songs like Grievance and Sad mixed in with the Avocado stuff just kept the whole night moving.

PostPosted: Wed August 09, 2017 5:10 pm 
Future Drummer

The story before Long Road on 7/7... just... :cry:

Very inspiring for me this week!

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 2:12 am 
tl;dr

Kevin Davis wrote:
I thought "Don't Gimme No Lip" was a turd when it came out on "Lost Dogs" but the live versions allowed me to appreciate what a fun and frisky little throwaway it is. I love it now and would love to see it at a show someday (thankfully I got to see "Mankind" last year in Moline).

Hey, so this happened at Wrigley last year. All that's left is "Sunburn" and I will have completed my trilogy of Stone-sung PJ songs. I'll be campaigning hard for that one in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:26 am 
AnalLog

This is one of the highest moment Ed hit. My Morning Jacket absolutely kills this and pushes Ed into one of his best performances. Takes the crowd from dead asleep to pandemonium.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:04 pm 
The Master

Hatfield wrote:

This is one of the highest moment Ed hit. My Morning Jacket absolutely kills this and pushes Ed into one of his best performances. Takes the crowd from dead asleep to pandemonium.

I ripped this the first day I heard it and listen to it quite regularly. Incredible performance front to back.

"Come on baby!"

PostPosted: Sun April 04, 2021 2:33 pm 

This has become my favorite Tour to listen to hands down. I've picked up 55 shows from 2006 so far. I'll probably end up grabbing all of these. Also did up the artwork w/cases and burning them to disc like I did NA 2005.

Missed the DC show because we were in the middle of a move and $ was tight at the time. Then they skipped the South, lol. Anyhow, all I'd ever really heard from this Tour were The Gorge shows & Immagine In Cornice. I was a bit "boot fatiqued" at the time and wasn't really downloading from the net at that point. It's awesome to be able to go back 15 years ago and find a new favorite - insert Tuco "TIGHT! TIGHT! TIGHT!" gif. :P

PostPosted: Sun April 04, 2021 2:57 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, this tour and the 2005 might be my favs after some 1996 and 1998 shows. I havent listened in its entirely, but i listened to a lot of the boots, have some dvds, and the band is in such a great place.

PostPosted: Sun April 04, 2021 3:26 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, this tour and the 2005 might be my favs after some 1996 and 1998 shows. I havent listened in its entirely, but i listened to a lot of the boots, have some dvds, and the band is in such a great place.

Yeah, both 05 & 06 have replaced '00 as my favorite boots. Every show I've listened to so far has been like a nice little surprise. I'm definitely planning on grabbing all the SA 05's and the rest of the 06's. The mixes have all been so good and they truly were in a perfect zone as a live band. Untouchable - Top Tier PJ. It would be nice to have all of these on Silver CD's someday.
:heartbeat: :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 2:28 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Stardog Champion wrote:
I was at that Albany show as well. One of my favorite shows I've been to, not the best, but a definite favorite. Just a really fun evening. Like others have mentioned, the S/T songs work great live. And they kept the energy going through last portions of the night. Songs like Grievance and Sad mixed in with the Avocado stuff just kept the whole night moving.

Count me in among the attendees at this show, which one-upped the show there in 2003 (the peace sign show - which was something I organized with a bunch of friends - a long story I could really get into some day). But this show was real solid and the only one I got to in ‘06 while studying for the bar exam. There was just a ton of energy and a really fun set in terms of the song selection. Also one of the few shows I was on the floor on Stone’s side.

PostPosted: Thu April 08, 2021 11:55 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

listening to San Fran 18-07 and fuck what a show....Life Wasted and Severed Hand are insane. The energy, Mike is fucking crazy in both...

Matt is super into it, the whole band is tight.

PostPosted: Fri April 09, 2021 12:10 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Matt goes crazy on Unemployable....and the last minute of Big Wave is FUCKING fantastic

PostPosted: Fri April 09, 2021 12:55 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:

Count me in among the attendees at this show, which one-upped the show there in 2003 (the peace sign show - which was something I organized with a bunch of friends - a long story I could really get into some day). But this show was real solid and the only one I got to in ‘06 while studying for the bar exam. There was just a ton of energy and a really fun set in terms of the song selection. Also one of the few shows I was on the floor on Stone’s side.

I think of Albany as one of the best early tour shows I have saw by them, then remembered having to cut 2003 short, so they came back with a fury in 06. Shame they never played Albany after that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live