The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The all-new rank your shows thread
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:10 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

My list is small, but there should be 4 here. Thanks, HB2!! I should've followed my instincts and went to Hampton and Lexington, but that's a long story.... :? I'll go by myself from now on.

Charlottesville 10/29/2013
VA Beach 8/3/2000
Bristow 7/01/2003

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:29 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Murfreesboro- 3/26/94
New Orleans- 9/17/95
Charlotte- 10/4/96
Gorge- 9/1/05
Hartford- 6/27/08
Alpine Valley- 9/4/11
Alpine Valley- 9/5/11
Greenville- 4/16/16
Boston- 6/30/08
Boston- 6/29/08
Memphis- 10/14/14
Knoxville- 9/6/98
New Orleans- 5/1/10
Lexington- 4/26/16
Atlanta- 9/22/12
Global Citizen Festival- 9/26/15

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 pm 
Broken Tamborine

San Diego 2006 - I had a headache throughout the Vegas show the previous night and much of the day while driving to California. Ed had sounded sick and terrible in the desert. I showed up feeling better with without great expectations, but this show blew me away.

Denver 98 - Just such a solid set, never seemed to lag, left everyone wanting more. I was just down the row from the guys with the huge "Patriot Please" sign that led to the second encore. Underrated show since that tour is so full of great performances.

Las Vegas 2003 - One of my favorite posters. The second encore (all covers) is rough, but the main set is really solid. Love the Go opener.

Phoenix 2000 - The 3 shows I saw on this tour are all pretty close, but this one was my favorite. Second show in 3 nights on an odd rainy and cool night in Phoenix.

Phoenix 2013 - saw this show with a good friend who had never seen them before. Kind of uneven, as a show of this length is likely to be, but had some real highlights and cool moments. The GA was good. First time I saw Release and it wasn't even the opener!

Albuquerque 2000 - Weird venue and windy so the sound was weird. Probably a better performance than Phoenix the following night, but I prefer that setlist.

Red Rocks II 1995 - This is all about the actual vibe that night. A classic, great bootleg to listen to, but ... just a weird show to attend. Within the first six songs (while they were sitting) they played a never before played cover (Ship Song) and a new song (Falling Down) plus a radically different version of Jeremy. It picked up later but never really found a groove. This was my first Pearl Jam show and though they had a good reputation as a live band even then, I was not convinced until I saw them again 3 years later.

Las Vegas 2000 - Strange vibe in the crowd. Third show in three nights for me (and the band). The expectations were way high and then ... it was basically your standard 2000 show throughout the main set. Crown of Thorns was super cool, but otherwise most everything about this show just felt like an anticlimax.

San Diego 2009 - This show peaked in the opening act when Ed did Under Pressure (one of my favorite songs) with Ben Harper. Great moment but it's rough when a show peaks in the opening act. Red Mosquito with Harper was really the only other highlight that comes to mind.

Las Vegas 2006 - As noted previously, I didn't feel great during this show, which didn't help. I got my ticket from someone who had two tickets on the floor and though he met me at MGM to deliver the ticket a few hours before the show, he ended up late for the show itself. The night opened with Inside Job > Corduroy and this guy asked me several times what I thought of the Corduroy opener. He flat did not believe me that they opened with Inside Job. This show is OK on the bootleg but just never really grabbed me or had a moment that transported me. Little Sister is a pretty awful cover.

I also saw Ed solo in Phoenix in 2012. Hard to slot that with full band performances but it would probably be in the top third. That was a cool night.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm 
AnalLog

san diego 06 is so good that you don't realize a third of the show is avocado songs.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:24 pm 
Broken Tamborine

AndySlash wrote:
san diego 06 is so good that you don't realize a third of the show is avocado songs.

On the other hand, no Backspacer or Lightning Bolt.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Quote:
Las Vegas 2003 - One of my favorite posters. The second encore (all covers) is rough, but the main set is really solid. Love the Go opener.

I remember the Go > Save You > STBC opening run was skull-crushing. Really interesting setlist all-around. Also my 1 & only time seeing Breath

I have this poster framed, and have been trying to get rid of it for years. No takers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live