The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 2014-10-26: Mountain View, CA
PostPosted: Mon October 27, 2014 3:12 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

https://mega.co.nz/#F!jQIHECKL!8SoR99Qnp4H_6MFfog-TZw

PostPosted: Mon October 27, 2014 3:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Sweet!

First night sounds amazing

PostPosted: Tue October 28, 2014 8:07 pm 
AnalLog

sirens was interesting.. dropped down and boomless

PostPosted: Tue October 28, 2014 8:14 pm 
mXn

dprival78 wrote:

And sped up

PostPosted: Tue October 28, 2014 10:29 pm 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:
dprival78 wrote:

And sped up

that too.

but i stand corrected about boom.. looks like he was there. the first vid i watched, all i could see was an empty piano. but he's playing a different piano further to the side.

still couldn't hear him.

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 1:59 am 
Rank This Poster

VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

Maybe they were embarrased that soundgarden was there too.

Cornell was playing Imagine long before Eddie.

Anyway, this was my 4th Bridge experience and 3rd that involved pearl jam. I won't comment on the whole event, though I will say Tom Jones is the shit and Florence's voice is incredible. I found Pearl Jam very disappointing. Their sets were acoustic regulars and covers. Bridge has always been a place where pj fans are treated to something special. Song debuts like I Am Mine and Last Soldier, live debuts like Lowlight and Let Me Sleep, or just a rarely played track or two like Otherside or Around the Bend. Yes, we got the Temple reunion here, but it was for one predictable song. The band's sets were lazy. Elderly Woman both nights? Just too bad after a pretty fantastic fall tour. Okay, I got it and the Bridge out of my system. I hope this band takes a good long break. Seriously, no live shows until 2016. I want to miss them for a while.

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 6:19 pm 
RM Elitist

daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

Anyway, this was my 4th Bridge experience and 3rd that involved pearl jam. I won't comment on the whole event, though I will say Tom Jones is the shit and Florence's voice is incredible. I found Pearl Jam very disappointing. Their sets were acoustic regulars and covers. Bridge has always been a place where pj fans are treated to something special. Song debuts like I Am Mine and Last Soldier, live debuts like Lowlight and Let Me Sleep, or just a rarely played track or two like Otherside or Around the Bend. Yes, we got the Temple reunion here, but it was for one predictable song. The band's sets were lazy. Elderly Woman both nights? Just too bad after a pretty fantastic fall tour. Okay, I got it and the Bridge out of my system. I hope this band takes a good long break. Seriously, no live shows until 2016. I want to miss them for a while.

You know you can just not go, right?

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 6:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

yeah cornell but SG is a different beast. I cant imagine Kim not laughing at a song like that one.

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 6:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

VinylGuy wrote:
daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

yeah cornell but SG is a different beast. I cant imagine Kim not laughing at a song like that one.

Pffft.....who cares what Kim Thayil thinks?

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 7:45 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Leatherhead wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

Pffft.....who cares what Kim Thayil thinks?

The guys in Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 9:57 pm 
Champion of RM

daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

You did get a treat each night. Again, Rain was played for the first time (non tag)in the US. That was your something special night 1. Throw Your Hatred Down was played for the first time in 5 years. That was your something special night 2. Don't whine.

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 10:00 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

CopperTom wrote:
daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

You did get a treat each night. Again, Rain was played for the first time (non tag)in the US. That was your something special night 1. Throw Your Hatred Down was played for the first time in 5 years. That was your something special night 2. Don't whine.

Good performance of Rain too. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed October 29, 2014 10:12 pm 
The Master

Performance > Setlist

From all accounts they nailed these tunes.

PostPosted: Thu October 30, 2014 1:59 am 
Rank This Poster

@SkitchP wrote:
daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

You know you can just not go, right?

Of course. I'm actually usually a fanboy. I went to Moline, St. Paul, and Milwaukee, and I really enjoyed all of them. I just thought Bridge was a letdown. I don't particularly care for covers, so the "treats" felt like getting apple slices instead of Snickers.

PostPosted: Thu October 30, 2014 5:18 am 
AnalLog

daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

You know you can just, like, take a break from them and not go to shows, right? I mean, They play here once every 4-6 years and I don't have the money to follow them on tour. I for one hope they do a few shows out here next year. If you've seen them a crapload of times then it makes sense that you need a break.

Complaining that you got to hear "Hunger Strike" with Chris Cornell isn't going to win you any sympathy.

PostPosted: Thu October 30, 2014 10:56 am 
Rank This Poster

matt reeder wrote:
daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

You know you can just, like, take a break from them and not go to shows, right? I mean, They play here once every 4-6 years and I don't have the money to follow them on tour. I for one hope they do a few shows out here next year. If you've seen them a crapload of times then it makes sense that you need a break.

Complaining that you got to hear "Hunger Strike" with Chris Cornell isn't going to win you any sympathy.

No, I really can't. Like I said, I'm a fanboy. 1999 is the last year I didn't see PJ. I clearly have an addiction. I need them to take the decision out of my hands. I know a break would be good. Seeing Hunger Strike again was great, just not unexpected. Fanboy me was hoping Footsteps would be played one night and Times of Trouble the next.

PostPosted: Thu October 30, 2014 11:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they should have played a medley of their best bridges

get it?

....BRIDGES!

PostPosted: Thu October 30, 2014 11:36 pm 
Future Drummer

daft twat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Thankuflly yes.

It's entirely reasonable to feel a little let down with the song selection given the history of the bridge shows and after the run they been on in 2014. Maybe listening to boots after a few weeks will change your mind a bit. At least you got to see Moline and Milwaukee, two amazing shows!

Last edited by broken iris on Fri October 31, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri October 31, 2014 2:26 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Soundgarden did the same set both nights?

PostPosted: Fri October 31, 2014 4:20 am 
The Master

Hmm. Weird. I miss pearl jam touring now! That hasn't happened since 2006!

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live