The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Super Bock Super Rock, Portugal Ed Solo 18July
PostPosted: Sun July 20, 2014 3:45 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Didn't see this listed in another thread:

Corduroy
Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters & Collector )
Brain Damage(Pink Floyd)/Sometimes
Wishlist
Can't Keep (uke)
Sleeping By Myself (uke)
Without You (uke)
Tonight You Belong to Me w/Cat Power(I Kaufman)
The Needle and the Damage Done (N Young cover)
Just Breathe
I Am Mine
Far Behind
Rise
Immortality
Masters of War (Bob Dylan)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Portugal (same improv from '10?)
Imagine (J Lennon)
Unthought Known
Last Kiss
Better Man
Lukin
Black
Porch
Hard Sun w/ Cat Power & guests
Rockin' in the Free World (N Young)

Notes from the Pit:
Ed told a story about his Uncle John & his Bears jersey after Just Breathe. He also mentioned that the Pearl Jam tour started in Amsterdam and that almost two hundred of the deaths on the plane shot down were people from the Netherlands. Ed wants them to know that the people of the Netherlands are in his thoughts and that this is just one more reason that we have to stop having wars.
After the Portugal song Ed said:
“You know if you are anti war, If your anti war it doesn’t mean you are pro one side or the other in a conflict. However it does make you pro many things.” Ed sees something in the audience he likes. “What have you got here, wow. All right you came to play. We are not alone after all. Take this CNN, That’s good, that’s nice, or whomever.
Well, so anti war make you pro many things. Pro peace, pro human, pro evolution, Makes you pro communication, pro diplomacy, pro love, pro understanding, pro forgiveness. You know some people don’t understand how you can be pro soldier. If you are anti war your pro soldier because you don’t want the soldier to be put in harms way. To sacrifice himself or herself for some reason that’s not...for no good reason. I have many, many...We have many, many friends of the group and through out our lives we’ve met incredible people and in the armed forces. We have an understanding and they listen our music and they get it so I’m not sure...You know sometimes if you speak out people are going to misunderstand and they take things a certain way or another. If you don’t speak out you don’t know..If someone doesn’t like it probably means it has some kind of meaning. It’s not just bullshit. It’s not just nothing.
So this next song I always thought it was probably the most powerful song ever written. I think it is the most powerful song ever written. Which is why I have never played it. It seems like maybe there is a reason to play it. If you’d like join me or use your voices or hold a light there might be some people out there that need to know they are not alone."
Black was sung mostly by the crowd, with Ed getting them started

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live