The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: 2014-10-17: Moline, IL
PostPosted: Mon August 30, 2021 2:25 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Saw one hour of this one, and damn Habit was so good. The band was in such great spirits.

PostPosted: Tue August 31, 2021 11:48 pm 
Future Drummer

Habit was amazing. Stone wasn't playing during fucking up, he was making love to that guitar. Anyone catch the crowd drama towards the end of the show in the crowd? Random crowd shots were funny and scary.

Ed hands a harmonica or something to some woman who was behind this blonde woman who was front row, she was clearly not happy Ed skipped her. And this guy during yellow ledbetter they showed, truly horrifying. He looks like he just wants to kill everyone around him.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 6:05 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Really enjoyed the Moline show video but.. why the hell Ed's so lazy to never ever sing/play I'm Open in its entirety? The No Code show was the perfect opportunity to do that, but nope.. I bet there's no real reason behind it, just his usual laziness "I'll just go with the chorus and call it a day"..
And Around the Bend, too.. I adore that song, and they always skip that second verse part.. I remember one time they played the whole song, maybe two.. in 96 I think?

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 7:02 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I didn’t watch the video but I have listened to the show and remember that the No Code performance was rather clunky. If not for the sequence of songs there, is this really an all time Pearl Jam show?

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 8:14 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

liebzz wrote:
I didn’t watch the video but I have listened to the show and remember that the No Code performance was rather clunky. If not for the sequence of songs there, is this really an all time Pearl Jam show?

It's a good show all things considered. If you're looking for best versions of songs, the full albums shows are never the best place to find them. Binaural is my fav, but the album performance in Toronto 2016 was pretty poor.. Moline was the best amongst the full album shows in my opinion, but the 1996-2000 period was when the No Code songs were played in full glory, and at the right speed.. Anything after that, may vary from pretty good to pretty poor.. And Moline is kinda a mix of that. Still good though for its era.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 8:22 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I feel like they were pretty spot on when they played Ten in Philly in 2016 (wasn’t at that show either). I figured it was mostly familiarity since they tend to play some semblance of half of Ten every night and No Code you are lucky to get one or two songs from night to night (since 2014 seems like you are more likely to hear a Pink Floyd cover than a No Code song).

PostPosted: Sat September 04, 2021 5:12 am 
Posting (live)

Watched the first set. Not terribly good performance, weird pacing (as most album shows are). It looked like a convention, the crowd were so forgiving.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 4:05 pm 
The Master

Also PJ and news articles keep mentioning this was the first time they played No Code from to back.

PJ should know they played it in full at the Showbox in 96.

Also, anyone have tha tboot? Its long been gone in my collection

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 4:14 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
Also PJ and news articles keep mentioning this was the first time they played No Code from to back.

i've got it somewhere, and can send it. they played ten songs from No Code, but went out of order after In My Tree.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 4:27 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
Strat wrote:

i've got it somewhere, and can send it. they played ten songs from No Code, but went out of order after In My Tree.

Ill be damned.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 6:26 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Strat wrote:
dad wrote:
Strat wrote:

Ill be damned.

Man, I remember I was furious when I read a review of that show on Rolling Stone, who said they were listless and bored until they played Alive.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 6:40 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

liebzz wrote:
Strat wrote:
dad wrote:
Strat wrote:

Ill be damned.

Man, I remember I was furious when I read a review of that show on Rolling Stone, who said they were listless and bored until they played Alive.

at least they weren't alone and listless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live