The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Official Bootlegs
PostPosted: Fri October 31, 2014 8:46 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

matt reeder wrote:
In my quest to go through more of the 2014 bootlegs, I'm starting with Amsterdam 1.

Thoughts:
* Holy shit, Pearl Jam is back. Where were you guys? This is tight as hell for the first show of the tour, and despite a few miscues they nail almost everything. This shows me they rehearsed a lot for this tour, because the glaring mishaps and flubs that have plagued the band for years are gone. The only miscues are the occasional Ed flub (particularly "Sonic Reducer, but you have to expect that at this point), but even those are few and far between.
* Great versions of lots of songs, but particularly all of the Binaural songs (even "Evacuation" is surprisingly cromulent, other than being tuned wayyyyy down).
* For not having played the song in years, "Who You Are" is fantastic.
* "Breakerfall". I'm glad they've realized they need to keep playing this song, because it sounds great.
* "Sonic Reducer" has been terrible for years and this is no exception, but it is improving. Ed seems to have rediscovered the delivery necessary to sell the song - now if only he could remember the lyrics!
* Ed sounds much better than I expected. Either he quit smoking (or at least cut down on it), he's drinking less on stage or he's been working on his vocals a lot. My guess is a combination of all three.

I've been pretty harsh on PJ over the last 5-10 years but this is a major improvement on almost everything I've heard since 2006, and I'm excited to listen to more shows from this tour.

You are going to love Oslo and Leeds my friend.

PostPosted: Fri October 31, 2014 8:52 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
In my quest to go through more of the 2014 bootlegs, I'm starting with Amsterdam 1.

Thoughts:
* Holy shit, Pearl Jam is back. Where were you guys? This is tight as hell for the first show of the tour, and despite a few miscues they nail almost everything. This shows me they rehearsed a lot for this tour, because the glaring mishaps and flubs that have plagued the band for years are gone. The only miscues are the occasional Ed flub (particularly "Sonic Reducer, but you have to expect that at this point), but even those are few and far between.
* Great versions of lots of songs, but particularly all of the Binaural songs (even "Evacuation" is surprisingly cromulent, other than being tuned wayyyyy down).
* "Breakerfall". I'm glad they've realized they need to keep playing this song, because it sounds great.
* "Sonic Reducer" has been terrible for years and this is no exception, but it is improving. Ed seems to have rediscovered the delivery necessary to sell the song - now if only he could remember the lyrics!
* Ed sounds much better than I expected. Either he quit smoking (or at least cut down on it), he's drinking less on stage or he's been working on his vocals a lot. My guess is a combination of all three.

I've been pretty harsh on PJ over the last 5-10 years but this is a major improvement on almost everything I've heard since 2006, and I'm excited to listen to more shows from this tour.

Leeds is one of the best shows I've ever heard, period. I haven't listened to Oslo all the way yet.

PostPosted: Fri October 31, 2014 8:57 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Already got ACL 1.

PostPosted: Sat November 01, 2014 2:21 am 
Future Drummer

matt reeder wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
matt reeder wrote:

Thoughts:

Leeds is one of the best shows I've ever heard, period. I haven't listened to Oslo all the way yet.

:thumbsup:

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how many stellar performances there have been over this and the past few years when Lowlight79's 2011-2014 mix is done.

PostPosted: Sat November 01, 2014 3:07 am 
AnalLog

ridleybradout wrote:
matt reeder wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
matt reeder wrote:

Thoughts:

:thumbsup:

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised how many stellar performances there have been over this and the past few years when Lowlight79's 2011-2014 mix is done.

What about when I do mine? I'll probably be done with a mix before Lowlight 79 finishes his...

PostPosted: Sat November 01, 2014 10:07 am 
Future Drummer

You're making one too? Cool - the race is on!

PostPosted: Mon November 03, 2014 7:18 pm 
Future Drummer

Guys I take forever.....we all know this...lol. A few times I said, let me cut off here, and then I extended it, but this last midwest tour is truly the cutoff. I had held out hope for wrigley or PJ20 and that just isn't happening anytime soon.

But I recently finished the 2014 euro tour, I gotta say, those shows were really good. There are a few bad ones, but some great performances. I really love the bands cover of Rain, it's so good.

The best things about multiple mixes is everyone has a different opionion. I have literally collected so many versions of song and cut up tracks that I have to really get rid of stuff. Getting married really had me just hoarding tracks till after the wedding to really get stuff going.

PostPosted: Mon November 03, 2014 7:27 pm 
AnalLog

I'll probably just make a mix for Europe 2014. I just picked up a ton of work and I won't have the time to make a huge, multi-year mix. I also don't have the patience to sift through the last three tours. I really loved some of the South American 2011 shows so I'll probably make a mix of that tour as well but man, I could barely get through some of the shows from the past few years.

For my money though, Euro 2014 is the best tour they've done since 2006.

PostPosted: Mon November 03, 2014 8:29 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

I've been throwing together a few rough ideas for a Euro 2014 mix too however, as usual, it'll only be a relatively concise 80 minute thing (if I finish it, that is).

PostPosted: Mon November 17, 2014 7:24 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

if someone wants to send me the leeds show ill check it out and buy it if its any good. :peace:

PostPosted: Mon November 17, 2014 4:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

WtOB? wrote:
if someone wants to send me the leeds show ill check it out and buy it if its any good. :peace:

ill send it to you!

PostPosted: Mon November 17, 2014 7:52 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

WtOB? wrote:

I was just listening to the back half over the weekend, I think you'll like it.

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 5:41 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
I've been throwing together a few rough ideas for a Euro 2014 mix too however, as usual, it'll only be a relatively concise 80 minute thing (if I finish it, that is).

Spen,

I cannot be bound by the limits of CDR's anymore, but I am finding with what I am working on now. It's creating a giant headache.

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 9:20 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

lowlight79 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Spen,

I cannot be bound by the limits of CDR's anymore, but I am finding with what I am working on now. It's creating a giant headache.

Oh, I can imagine: my mixes are very narrow in scope compared to your huge projects and I still find them ridiculously time-consuming.

I've temporarily thrown in the towel with my Euro 14 mix, I might return to it when I'm feeling less burned out.

PostPosted: Thu November 20, 2014 11:49 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Spen,

Oh, I can imagine: my mixes are very narrow in scope compared to your huge projects and I still find them ridiculously time-consuming.

I've temporarily thrown in the towel with my Euro 14 mix, I might return to it when I'm feeling less burned out.

:(

Dude, just upload it as it was at 80-something minutes - most of us listen to music digitally these days so nay bother if it's cup runneth over...

PostPosted: Tue November 25, 2014 6:43 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Any part of the mixes going to have an acoustic disc or two?
Some outstanding performances of some of PJ's slow stuff

PostPosted: Wed November 26, 2014 2:37 pm 
Future Drummer

jdopj wrote:

This is a great idea.

Hmm... maybe a 2-disc 2013/2014 full acoustic set, pulled mostly from their 1st encores....

I may have to make an attempt at this..

PostPosted: Wed November 26, 2014 3:15 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

that'd be an interesting listen..

PostPosted: Thu November 27, 2014 2:18 am 
Broken Tamborine

;)
hlniv wrote:
jdopj wrote:

This is a great idea.

Hmm... maybe a 2-disc 2013/2014 full acoustic set, pulled mostly from their 1st encores....

I may have to make an attempt at this..

Awesome. If I didn't have 2 kids under 2 years old I would give it a whirl.
Some great MOTH, Sleight in Denver sounded near perfect live. If Around the Bend from Moline or ATY from Milw kill you might have to for go the 1st encore rule ;)

PostPosted: Sat November 29, 2014 2:54 am 
Future Drummer

jdopj wrote:

Yes. but maybe not two disc together of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live