The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
nah wrote:

Image

$30 tickets :lol:

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 6:14 pm
Posts: 1536
Location: ypnbsbr
Chloe wrote:
nah wrote:

Image

$30 tickets :lol:


i actually never paid her for them either. im not good for anyone.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
nah wrote:
Chloe wrote:
nah wrote:

Image

$30 tickets :lol:


i actually never paid her for them either. im not good for anyone.

:D ah well, at least you got to be there for those shows, putting up with a crazy broad was worth it, right?

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5983
nah wrote:
west palm 8/9. i listen to the 'paralyzed improv' a ton. the only time i have ever had someone say anything to me about the music playing from my car, was a 60 year old women who was getting into her car from the post office and she said to me, 'nice tunes' with a smile. i have no idea if she knew it was pearl jam or eddie vedder or she just enjoyed the music of 'paralyzed' as much as i do.

boston 8/29. Stud was there dancing and using devil sticks the enire show. i met my first online galpal at this show. it was terrible. she had sent me a picture a few days earlier but i didnt want to look at it. after the months of talking about pj online i didn't want to ruin anything by looking at that picture. anyway we meet right after 'of the girl' which is the worst opener ever, and im not attracted in the least. half way through the show she tries to kiss me. i reluctantly agreed. the months that followed i was a little distant but she was needy because she invited me to seattle to see the shows.

seattle 11/5 & 6. yes i should have said no to her but she got the tix and wanted me to go. i knew she was going to try to start things up again but i thought i could go as a friend. we stayed in a hotel together and she tried to kiss me again and later apologized. i cast my florida absentee ballot for nader in seattle. anyway i really thought pj might break up so these shows really felt important to me. the seattle II betterman tag is in my top 5 'parts of songs i could loop for hours'

what a memorable tour

Image


to date, probably your best Pearl Jam related post


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 6:14 pm
Posts: 1536
Location: ypnbsbr
EJ wrote:
nah wrote:
west palm 8/9. i listen to the 'paralyzed improv' a ton. the only time i have ever had someone say anything to me about the music playing from my car, was a 60 year old women who was getting into her car from the post office and she said to me, 'nice tunes' with a smile. i have no idea if she knew it was pearl jam or eddie vedder or she just enjoyed the music of 'paralyzed' as much as i do.

boston 8/29. Stud was there dancing and using devil sticks the enire show. i met my first online galpal at this show. it was terrible. she had sent me a picture a few days earlier but i didnt want to look at it. after the months of talking about pj online i didn't want to ruin anything by looking at that picture. anyway we meet right after 'of the girl' which is the worst opener ever, and im not attracted in the least. half way through the show she tries to kiss me. i reluctantly agreed. the months that followed i was a little distant but she was needy because she invited me to seattle to see the shows.

seattle 11/5 & 6. yes i should have said no to her but she got the tix and wanted me to go. i knew she was going to try to start things up again but i thought i could go as a friend. we stayed in a hotel together and she tried to kiss me again and later apologized. i cast my florida absentee ballot for nader in seattle. anyway i really thought pj might break up so these shows really felt important to me. the seattle II betterman tag is in my top 5 'parts of songs i could loop for hours'

what a memorable tour

Image


to date, probably your best Pearl Jam related post


i hope someday to share this story too.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5983
nah wrote:

i hope someday to share this story too.

Image


post the story in the 1997-98 era thread. love seeing the prices on these tickets.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 6:14 pm
Posts: 1536
Location: ypnbsbr
EJ wrote:
nah wrote:

i hope someday to share this story too.

Image


post the story in the 1997-98 era thread. love seeing the prices on these tickets.


plus Stud wasnt there to RUIN EVERYTHING!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:27 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5603
ridleybradout wrote:
stonefury wrote:
I hit up St Louis, Kansas City, and Phoenix on this tour. These were my 2nd - 4th shows, having only attended the lackluster Phoenix 1998 show. St Louis was such a special show. Still one of my favorite setlists ever, and it was pretty neat to hear the premier of "U" live. Such a great energy the entire night both from crowd and band standpoints. I still list this as my favorite PJ show. KC the next night was also nice, but it could not hold up to the previous night in St Louis. Phoenix was pretty spectacular, as well, but it always gets overshadowed by Vegas the following night. Perhaps because it was almost the same setlist with the exception of a couple of songs (including Crown of Thorns and Can't Help Falling in Love). Definitely my favorite tour (went to shows in 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009).

Very jealous - St Louis 2000 is probably my overall favourite official bootleg :nice:


My first show. :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:30 am 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29429
Location: gone fishin'
EJ wrote:
nah wrote:

i hope someday to share this story too.

Image


post the story in the 1997-98 era thread. love seeing the prices on these tickets.

The... the bootleg's title is "GREAT NIGHT"?

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48960
Location: Sector 7-G
it's not true soundboard either its ald


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 25, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 1853
I need to revisit the 10-07-2000 show. it was my first Pearl Jam concert. i psyched myself up so much and there were certain songs that i wanted to hear that i always thought the setlist was pretty weak. but it's not. it's relatively light on Binaural, which normally would really bother me, but it was a good thing at that time because i wasn't listening to that album much yet. i look at the setlist to this day and realise this was pretty much the perfect first Pearl Jam concert.

anyway.....listening to a lot of boots pre 2000 and post 2000 i find Ed's voice and the music to be top notch during the Binaural tour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13162
red calzolaio wrote:
I need to revisit the 10-07-2000 show. it was my first Pearl Jam concert. i psyched myself up so much and there were certain songs that i wanted to hear that i always thought the setlist was pretty weak. but it's not. it's relatively light on Binaural, which normally would really bother me, but it was a good thing at that time because i wasn't listening to that album much yet. i look at the setlist to this day and realise this was pretty much the perfect first Pearl Jam concert.

anyway.....listening to a lot of boots pre 2000 and post 2000 i find Ed's voice and the music to be top notch during the Binaural tour.


My first PJ show was the perfect one for me...im not sure if the setlist has anything to do with it.

But they opened with Breakerfall so...

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 25, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 1853
VinylGuy wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:
I need to revisit the 10-07-2000 show. it was my first Pearl Jam concert. i psyched myself up so much and there were certain songs that i wanted to hear that i always thought the setlist was pretty weak. but it's not. it's relatively light on Binaural, which normally would really bother me, but it was a good thing at that time because i wasn't listening to that album much yet. i look at the setlist to this day and realise this was pretty much the perfect first Pearl Jam concert.

anyway.....listening to a lot of boots pre 2000 and post 2000 i find Ed's voice and the music to be top notch during the Binaural tour.


My first PJ show was the perfect one for me...im not sure if the setlist has anything to do with it.

But they opened with Breakerfall so...


i have never been one to be worked up about setlists...other than that night. after my first show, it was all about the traveling, meeting new people, hanging out before and after the shows, and just listening to good music.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2013 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 1903
Those fl shows were good, Tampa and West Palm killed. Shame they don't get down there much anymore.

_________________
David Yow wrote:
How are Pearl Jam any different from Toto?


Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2013 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5180
Location: by the ocean
super nintendo chalmers wrote:
Those fl shows were good, Tampa and West Palm killed. Shame they don't get down there much anymore.

Maybe when they retire.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 225
Only caught one show(Indy) and that gave me the PJ bug, big time. Launched several trips to Best Buy to stock up on the $10.99 official boots.

The show was spectacular. I wasn't that familiar with alot of their catalog, as I was just really getting into them. I'd go apeshit for the stuff off Ten, Yield, Binaural and LO2L. The show itself was amazing and one of the best of the 11x I've seen them. Great setlist with enough of the classic to keep me excited as a PJ newb and plenty of the less played stuff to check off the list and keep me diggin.

I wish the band could go back to being this good, with setlists this exciting. They were at their best from 98 through the VFC shows in 04.

It would've also been cool if the PJ kept the evolution stamp for the shows that they thought were above and beyond. They really nailed it with the 2000 boots.


Other favorite boots

Katowice II
Boise
San Bernadino
Tampa
Dublin


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2013 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
Only caught one show(Indy) and that gave me the PJ bug, big time.


Ed playing Throw Your Arms Around Me that night is still one of my favorite moments from any Pearl Jam show I've ever been to.

I also loved after they finished Last Kiss when Ed said "Here's another song about a car, only this one doesn't crash..." and then they launched into Rearviewmirror.

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: 2000 Tour-Europe or NA
PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2013 11:58 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 15, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 22
Which do you prefer? Both are great, but I prefer the North American tour. That might just be because the bootlegs sound a bit better.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2000 Tour-Europe or NA
PostPosted: Sun April 28, 2013 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48960
Location: Sector 7-G
My favorite shows tend to be from the first leg of the NA tour.

Also, merge!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2000 Tour-Europe or NA
PostPosted: Sun April 28, 2013 4:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5180
Location: by the ocean
Europe.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed April 25, 2018 2:58 am