The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed March 24, 2021 6:25 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I hit the jackpot earlier this year. Someone had sold most of the 2000 boots to the local used shop. I was able to pick up most of the 47 US shows between $5-$8. I had a to get a couple online - but it's awesome to finally have all of the US shows along with Bellingham.

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 2:50 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I just started listening to these lately.

I love the Euro leg so much, so innocent before the tragedy.

What I would love is to get these 25 shows in improved sound quality. I might give this a shot, maybe a bit louder and a little bass boost.

I have the time, as COVID took my job again.

PostPosted: Thu March 25, 2021 3:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Given to Fly from Glasgow is haunting. "Everyone up? No-one underneath?"

PostPosted: Fri March 26, 2021 1:39 am 

Picked up Manchester and one of my favorites (that I used to have) - Berlin. I cut the bass all the way up to + 5 on my car's system so I can hear Jeff. I forgot how good the Euro shows sounded in a car. :P

PostPosted: Sat March 27, 2021 12:45 am 
Future Drummer

SoulEngine wrote:
I just started listening to these lately.

I love the Euro leg so much, so innocent before the tragedy.

What I would love is to get these 25 shows in improved sound quality. I might give this a shot, maybe a bit louder and a little bass boost.

I tried my hand at fixing some highlights:

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14852

PostPosted: Sat March 27, 2021 8:46 pm 
Banned from the Pit

That's a great compilation.

PostPosted: Sat March 27, 2021 11:11 pm 
Future Drummer

TremorJam wrote:
Picked up Manchester and one of my favorites (that I used to have) - Berlin. I cut the bass all the way up to + 5 on my car's system so I can hear Jeff. I forgot how good the Euro shows sounded in a car. :P

Euro 2000 boots = No mastering = you can crank up the volume as loud as it will go and get full power.

After that they made them loud automatically and you can't turn them up or you get breakup and congestion.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 11:48 am 

Picked up the remaining 11 my local used shop had from Euro 2000 - Lisbon, Wembley 2, Dublin, Cardiff, Eifel (Nurburg Ring), Nurnberg, Prague, Salzburg, Hala Tivoli, Verona & Milan. Also grabbed extra copies of D.C. (Columbia, MD), Atlanta, San Diego & Uniondale 2003 for my car. Think I'll go ahead and get the last dozen over the next month or 2 since they're pretty cheap on Discogs. I had 5 of these when they were initially released - Manchester 2, Spodek 2, Verona, Berlin & Hamburg.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:13 pm 
mXn

I thought I was a big PJ fan but this stuff here is next level.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I have Barcelona 2000 and both Seattle. The Barcelona one was my first PJ live boot, not counting Bridge Benefit 99. I love the show, but Jeff is so hard to find in the mix...

Both Seattle shows are amazing.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:34 pm 

Bammer wrote:

:lol: I couldn't believe my luck when a ton of the '00 & '03 boots showed up - Over 3 months I slowly grabbed most of them. Missed out on a couple, but also got about 12 from '03. The PJ shelf collection is "on flick". I've got the Discogs cart loaded and the rest ready for purchase along with Chicago 03. :P I am a little bummed that there's probably no way to get all the '03 shows at a reasonable rate. Some of those are just way too much :shock:

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i could have bought some of those 03 boots too, they were available in most of records store at the time, specially the Australian leg, and i think Japan too.
At the time, i wasnt a fan of the 03 tour ( its still the tour i listened the less) but damn, i should have got those.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 2:56 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
i could have bought some of those 03 boots too, they were available in most of records store at the time, specially the Australian leg, and i think Japan too.
At the time, i wasnt a fan of the 03 tour ( its still the tour i listened the less) but damn, i should have got those.

Yeah - There's just fewer copies out there. Alpine is my Holy Grail bootleg due to it being on my birthday and I haven't seen one of those pop up at all. I've got around half of the '03 boots but there's a few I really want like Alpine, Atlanta, Philly, Camden 1 and Hershey but $40 a show is tough to justify.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 4:49 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:

I don't remember them being available in record stores at all. I had to order them online.

The 2000 shows certainly were.

A few 2003 shows were definitely released to retail outlets but the packaging was different.

That's why they are so scarce.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 6:31 pm 
tl;dr

The '03 boots were mail-order only, except for: Perth, Tokyo, State College, MSG 1 & 2, and Mansfield 3; it's definitely a stroke of luck if you've found a bunch of them in a shop for a reasonable price. For a few years I watched regularly for them on eBay and ended up picking up about 10 of them (in addition to the 10 or so that I bought when they were new) for between $15-$25 apiece. I have maybe 25-30 of the 2000 boots, and probably 20-25 of the ones from years after that. When I was listening to Pearl Jam more regularly this felt like "a good representative sample," but now that PJ are a more occasional fancy, it feels more along the lines of "batshit insane."

That said, there's lots of good music in there, and I still enjoy breaking them out every once in a while.

PostPosted: Sun March 28, 2021 8:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, i remember those being put on record stores here in Arg, specially Perth and Tokyo. I also saw the others, and i was super pysched when i saw both MSG and Mansfield 3.

I should had bought some of them.

PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 2:30 pm 

Bammer wrote:

Me, every time I dive back into 2000 or 2003 tours.

PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 3:14 pm 

mkay0 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I know, right? These shows are still just so damn good. On top of that - 20 year Anniversary of the Binaural/Bootleg era & also the 20th Anniversary for Mrs. TremorJam & I. Along with Gigaton (best album since RA for me), CoVid, no tour & the last 2 shows I've had tickets to being cancelled, it's definitely heightened the *nostalgia factor* to the umpteenth degree. Not to mention, the urgency of how much more there will be once they can Tour again. It's taken me back to being 25, lol. Then 10C releases Unplugged and Atlanta - which took me back to being 15 and 18. To quote Don Draper: "Nostalgia. It's delicate, but potent."

PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 4:34 pm 
Banned from the Pit

TremorJam wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I know, right? These shows are still just so damn good. On top of that - 20 year Anniversary of the Binaural/Bootleg era & also the 20th Anniversary for Mrs. TremorJam & I. Along with Gigaton (best album since RA for me), CoVid, no tour & the last 2 shows I've had tickets to being cancelled, it's definitely heightened the *nostalgia factor* to the umpteenth degree. Not to mention, the urgency of how much more there will be once they can Tour again. It's taken me back to being 25, lol. Then 10C releases Unplugged and Atlanta - which took me back to being 15 and 18. To quote Don Draper: "Nostalgia. It's delicate, but potent."

This, I am so in agreement with you.

These 2000 boots just need some volume and sound fantastic to me. I have done the first 6 shows so far.

Perfect for me.

PostPosted: Tue March 30, 2021 10:38 pm 
Future Drummer

SoulEngine wrote:
These 2000 boots just need some volume and sound fantastic to me. I have done the first 6 shows so far.

Only the European leg needs volume and bass. After that, they went too far in the opposite direction and made them super loud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live