The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon August 09, 2021 8:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
Man, I think the 2003 boots sound pretty bad.

I agree. They are very congested and overcooked.

The 2006 boots are an improvement but the 2000 boots have never been topped.

PostPosted: Mon August 09, 2021 10:22 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I dont like how the bass and drums sound in 2000.

They fixed that in 2005 and 2006

PostPosted: Wed August 11, 2021 11:01 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Anyone? what was the 1st post a video link to?

PostPosted: Wed August 11, 2021 4:07 pm 
Broken Tamborine

brisk wrote:
Anyone? what was the 1st post a video link to?

https://web.archive.org/web/20111003100 ... MN4WaE7nOY

Post subject: Is Live in Katowice a good album?
PostPosted: Sat March 12, 2022 1:57 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Got this today for free, should I actually listen to it?

Post subject: Re: Is Live in Katowice a good album?
PostPosted: Sat March 12, 2022 2:22 am 
AnalLog

One of my favorite

PostPosted: Sat March 12, 2022 2:31 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Aren’t there two different ones? The second show is amazing, the first was was also good.

PostPosted: Sun March 13, 2022 2:05 am 
A Return To Form

One of them (think 2nd) was always on the top-ranked list from the tour.

PostPosted: Sun March 13, 2022 2:35 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Merging this to the appropriate thread that already exists

PostPosted: Sun March 13, 2022 3:15 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Merging this to the appropriate thread that already exists

Mods?

PostPosted: Thu July 14, 2022 9:59 pm 
Future Drummer

I don't get what's so popular about this tour. I often hear songs from it and they're especially bad versions of the songs. Songs like Even Flow are lightning speed and tinny and Ed sounds awful. The guitars are clangy and there's no warmth. I hear live versions from 2006 where everything is quick and bombastic and sounds great, but the 2000 ones are just too cold to me, and everything sounds the same. I don't know. But I also don't like Binaural much. I don't like Riot Act either but love the 03 tour when I hear boots.

I mostly bring this up because I recently did that setlist generator thing on the PJ website and it put in live versions from 2000 like Even Flow and Daughter and they sounded really bad and completely broke the flow.

PostPosted: Thu July 14, 2022 10:53 pm 
mXn

mikejasond wrote:
I don't get what's so popular about this tour. I often hear songs from it and they're especially bad versions of the songs. Songs like Even Flow are lightning speed and tinny and Ed sounds awful. The guitars are clangy and there's no warmth. I hear live versions from 2006 where everything is quick and bombastic and sounds great, but the 2000 ones are just too cold to me, and everything sounds the same. I don't know. But I also don't like Binaural much. I don't like Riot Act either but love the 03 tour when I hear boots.

I mostly bring this up because I recently did that setlist generator thing on the PJ website and it put in live versions from 2000 like Even Flow and Daughter and they sounded really bad and completely broke the flow.

It’s the drums. Trust me.

PostPosted: Thu July 14, 2022 11:14 pm 
The Master

mikejasond wrote:

Watch Touring Band

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 12:17 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Other than a few really good changes/extensions, the band plays the songs very straight on this tour. At least from a recording standpoint, and having attended two of the shows, it also is sort of the last tour where the songs from Ten through Binaural have that edge where there’s no sense of celebration behind the better known tracks. It never feels like a party, and more like a band driving their music forward. Even as soon as the Riot Act tour, the Ten/Vs./Vitalogy songs feel like an ode to a prior live era. I don’t know if that’s for better or worse.

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 12:18 am 
Poster of the Year

liebzz wrote:
Other than a few really good changes/extensions, the band plays the songs very straight on this tour. At least from a recording standpoint, and having attended two of the shows, it also is sort of the last tour where the songs from Ten through Binaural have that edge where there’s no sense of celebration behind the better known tracks. It never feels like a party, and more like a band driving their music forward. Even as soon as the Riot Act tour, the Ten/Vs./Vitalogy songs feel like an ode to a prior live era. I don’t know if that’s for better or worse.

Worse. It's for worse.

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 12:25 am 
jeeeesus relax already

liebzz wrote:

I agree with this...most of the material from Ten to Vitalogy sounds restrained...i mean they actually played very short versions of Porch for example.

I love this tour anyway.

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 12:28 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

Norris wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Worse. It's for worse.

100%

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 12:48 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Birds in Hell wrote:
Norris wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Worse. It's for worse.

100%

I think the high point of Pearl Jam playing with that sort of original energy is the Yield tour. It seemed like they just had the secret sauce that tour, and that everything seemed fair game.

As far as the future tours would go, I love those shows with the same fervor, especially for me from 2003-2010, but get that it sort of went to a more celebratory mode, especially in the encores. I also really enjoyed the shows I heard mostly in 2016 and 2018. And that Leeds show in 2014 that is streaming is really great, but in an entirely different way. I sort of grew with them over the years from wild to that controlled intensity to the celebrations to the anything goes somewhat sloppy to what seemed like mostly upping their game in 2018.

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 2:27 am 
Future Drummer

mikejasond wrote:
I don't get what's so popular about this tour. I often hear songs from it and they're especially bad versions of the songs. Songs like Even Flow are lightning speed and tinny and Ed sounds awful. The guitars are clangy and there's no warmth. I hear live versions from 2006 where everything is quick and bombastic and sounds great, but the 2000 ones are just too cold to me, and everything sounds the same.

You're kidding, right?

The guitars lost their bite and became wimpy and vanilla after 2000.

And Europe 2000 was the last time the bootlegs ever sounded "warm".

Try this?
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14852

PostPosted: Tue July 19, 2022 3:41 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I always just adjust the eq a little on all the boots and I can get a good sound out of everything up until 2008.

Usually just cutting a few db from 1k - 4k.

The 2000 boots are definaty “warm” sounding to me .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live