The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 10:15 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
08/15/00 – The Pyramid: Memphis, TN
set: Of The Girl, Last Exit, Animal, Grievance, Corduroy, Tremor Christ, Nothing As It Seems, Wishlist, Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis!), Given To Fly, In My Tree, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
enc 1: Breakerfall, Do The Evolution, Thin Air, Nothingman, Elderly Woman, State of Love And Trust, Go
enc 2: Footsteps, Baba O’Riley

A great show you might pass up because 2000 had so many standouts. Of the Girl was a great opening, early set Grievance, TREMOR CHRIST, punk version of Can't Help Falling in Love, awesome 1st encore, Footsteps with harmonica and a great Baba O!

Just redeemed a DL code for this, thanks

Hey! You should've told me about Ed's flub in Grievance. I want my money back!

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:51 am 
The Master

Terrific show, thanks again for reminding me of this

Post subject: The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 2:11 am 
Banned from the Pit

I didn't see one of those "lets talk about the 2000 tour" threads. Feel free to merge, delete, derail, whatever I don't care. I've got a specific inquiry regarding choosing a couple US 2000 shows that best represent the group at that time, but feel free to use this thread for 2000 tour discussion in general. I don't care.

I discovered PJ through the Verona 2000 boot when I was 16 years old in 2000 and I played those discs over and over as a kid learning to play the guitar. I listened to that bootleg before I heard any other PJ records. My favorite material were the Binaural songs. Grievance, Breakerfall, Nothing as it seems, etc. Subsequently the first PJ record I owned after the Verona boot was Binaural and one by one I listened back to the earlier records. I'm definitely a big from of the Vitalogy through Binaural period.

Anyway I've been revisiting these 2000 boots lately. I have no desire to have hundreds of Pearl Jam boots on my hard drive. I'm not THAT big of a fan, but I would like a couple top notch shows from Europe and the USA to have in my music collection. I have Verona and Milan from Europe. I saw many recommending Katowice II and I just listened to it and found it pretty underwhelming compared to Verona and Milan.

For the USA I've heard Boise and Seattle II and Las Vegas recommended. Any others I should consider? I'm posting this on Red Mosquito because I know that no one hates Pearl Jam quite like you guys do and that you'll steer me in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 2:28 am 
tl;dr

My favorite US 2000 shows are probably:

West Palm Beach (the one that opens with "Oceans")
Saratoga Springs
St. Louis
Kansas City
Houston (the one that opens with "Oceans")

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 2:57 am 
Poster of the Year

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=334

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 3:02 am 
Banned from the Pit

cutuphalfdead wrote:
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=334

excellent thanks

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 4:27 am 
Banned from the Pit

So who would you say has made the best 2000 tour compilation? Does it seem to be this one? https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... ompilation

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 4:35 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PM theplatypus

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 4:37 am 
Poster of the Year

I'm a big fan of Lubbock. It has the best Parting Ways of the tour.

PostPosted: Mon November 19, 2018 4:43 am 
Banned from the Pit

96583UP wrote:
PM theplatypus

about tour compilation?

PostPosted: Sun November 25, 2018 2:52 am 
A Return To Form

Kevin Davis wrote:
My favorite US 2000 shows are probably:

West Palm Beach (the one that opens with "Oceans")
Saratoga Springs
St. Louis
Kansas City
Houston (the one that opens with "Oceans")

This is a great list. I would also add that Chicago, Toronto, Portland and San Diego are must-haves as well. While a noteworthy show for them legacy-wise, Las Vegas is generally overrated, imo. It's lower-middle of the pack for me.

PostPosted: Sun November 25, 2018 2:33 pm 
A Return To Form

For US shows I really liked:
Detroit
Chicago
St. Louis
Boise
Portland

PostPosted: Sun November 25, 2018 9:50 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Jones Beach 3, which has a good amount of focus on No Code, is one of my favorites from this tour as well.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 4:51 am 
Broken Tamborine

liebzz wrote:
Jones Beach 3, which has a good amount of focus on No Code, is one of my favorites from this tour as well.

And just full of great performances too. The end of the main set goes Thin Air, Off He Goes, Black, Jeremy, Immortality, and they're all super solid. I think he forgets the lyrics in Immortality, but it's such an otherwise great version that you forget by the end. And Jeremy is that perfect example of when you see it live and it starts and you're like, "Oh, okay, Jeremy," but by the end you're pogoing like it's your first time seeing it.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 2:07 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

delanoche wrote:
liebzz wrote:

And just full of great performances too. The end of the main set goes Thin Air, Off He Goes, Black, Jeremy, Immortality, and they're all super solid. I think he forgets the lyrics in Immortality, but it's such an otherwise great version that you forget by the end. And Jeremy is that perfect example of when you see it live and it starts and you're like, "Oh, okay, Jeremy," but by the end you're pogoing like it's your first time seeing it.

This is me everytime I see it live. By the time the song climaxes I'm utterly enthralled and losing my mind.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 2:08 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah Jeremy has that power. I was very tired of the song and i would say from 2005 to this day, i just lost my mind everytime i listen to it.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 7:33 pm 
AnalLog

BootsToAsses wrote:
delanoche wrote:
liebzz wrote:

This is me everytime I see it live. By the time the song climaxes I'm utterly enthralled and losing my mind.

Them ending the first encore of Boston III with it was that exact experience for me.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 9:24 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

^To be honest, every now and then at a show I get that "meh" feeling when they start the intro to 'Alive'.

It literally lasts about 3 seconds and then I'm 110% on board again :haha:

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 9:28 pm 
The Master

BootsToAsses wrote:
^To be honest, every now and then at a show I get that "meh" feeling when they start the intro to 'Alive'.

It literally lasts about 3 seconds and then I'm 110% on board again :haha:

Same. That song is so good. Gets me every time, especially the last vocal bit leading into the long solo/outro.

PostPosted: Mon November 26, 2018 11:24 pm 
Poster of the Year

Hatfield wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
delanoche wrote:
liebzz wrote:

Them ending the first encore of Boston III with it was that exact experience for me.

2003, not 2000. But yeah that was excellent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live