The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Let's Talk About the 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:42 pm 
Poster of the Year

They'll never sound this good again.

I'm just glad I got to see two shows this tour.

Last edited by Norris on Sun November 17, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About The 2000 Tour
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 11:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Pittsburgh is fanfuckintastic team. If you do not have it, get it.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 11:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

it is a great tour...what i like the most about it is the sonic youth influence in their guitars...not only in songs like Parting Ways, but the way mike plays...is all noise.
Still there is a part of the greatness of PJ missing, and thats something they capture for me again in 2005.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 11:14 pm 
Poster of the Year

Like Reid said, during that east coast leg it sounded like they were trying to impress those guys every night.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:51 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Boise is probably my favorite.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

they closed the greensboro nc show with Smile, and that works as a fantastic closer :D

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:17 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

The last tour in which they behaved like the audience was doing them a favor by being at the show instead of the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 6:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Everyday at the Lubbock show was really special for me. I've always loved Buddy Holly and it was great that the band did something special for that show.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Worst way to distribute 10 Club tickets . . .

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:

what did they do in 00? i got general sale tickets, and in 03 i got one of my shows through the fan club, had to send in a money order and a request for a show and wait a month( or more i cant remember) to see if tickets showed up in your profile,

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:24 pm 
Poster of the Year

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

what did they do in 00? i got general sale tickets, and in 03 i got one of my shows through the fan club, had to send in a money order and a request for a show and wait a month( or more i cant remember) to see if tickets showed up in your profile,

In 2000 you were entitled to sit in certain sections based on seniority. Tickets were distributed within the sections on a first come first serve basis at will-call on the day of the show.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

In 2000 you were entitled to sit in certain sections based on seniority. Tickets were distributed within the sections on a first come first serve basis at will-call on the day of the show.

im pretty sure it was that way in 03 also, i dont think your tickets were predetermined it depended on how soon you were there, but again, i cant exactly remember

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 9:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

im pretty sure it was that way in 03 also, i dont think your tickets were predetermined it depended on how soon you were there, but again, i cant exactly remember

I believe 2003 differed in that they let you form separate lines for the different blocks in which you were sitting. There was nothing worse than standing in line for 4 1/2 hours in the freezing cold in Alpine and Chicago in 2000. In 2003, I remember there being 5-6 lines depending on your number, instead of one big, stupid line.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 4:04 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I beleive your seats were pre-determined in '00, but you could only get 10C tickets to ONE show, period. In '03, you could do as many as you want and tickets were given out in blocks by senority, thus the long lines to get the best seats in the block. I waited in many lines for many hours. It was quite frustrating at times, but at least you knew you were getting tickets (unlike now).

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
They'll never sound this good again.

I'm just glad I got to see two shows this tour.

Sublime.

VinylGuy wrote:
it is a great tour...what i like the most about it is the sonic youth influence in their guitars...not only in songs like Parting Ways, but the way mike plays...is all noise.
Still there is a part of the greatness of PJ missing, and thats something they capture for me again in 2005.

Agreed. 2005 and 2000 will always be my favorite tours. '03 and '98 aren't far behind though.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 10:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I first saw this band in 1991, and confidently say that 1998 was its touring pinnacle.

PostPosted: Fri January 04, 2013 6:56 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

2000 was a great tour. Little stiff on the US leg but that's understandable.

PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 12:39 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Chris_H_2 wrote:
I first saw this band in 1991, and confidently say that 1998 was its touring pinnacle.

The KC show in 98 is my least favorite show that I've attended. But it was my first, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 3:25 pm 
Banned from the Pit

durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

The KC show in 98 is my least favorite show that I've attended. But it was my first, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

What didnt ya like about it? I was there as well, i still remember the little banter between Ed and the singer of Murder City Devils. Ed had tea cup in hand and comes out mid set after the singer claims to have spoke and hung with Ed in the back and Ed was like, Dont lie to these people, we didnt talk. Then leaves

Still dont know to this day if that was a bit or real. Thought it was a decent show

PostPosted: Sun January 27, 2013 2:35 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Youkan Fakoff wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

What didnt ya like about it? I was there as well, i still remember the little banter between Ed and the singer of Murder City Devils. Ed had tea cup in hand and comes out mid set after the singer claims to have spoke and hung with Ed in the back and Ed was like, Dont lie to these people, we didnt talk. Then leaves

Still dont know to this day if that was a bit or real. Thought it was a decent show

Oh I loved it. It was a great show. But when I look at how short the set was and how Ed had to scold the crowd about breaking down the barrier to the lawn and I compare that to the other times I've seen them (which is only 6 other shows) it ranks toward the bottom.

Thinking back, it probably isn't my least favorite. But ti's not my favorite. There are at four other shows I've enjoyed more. But again, I LOVED that KC show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live