The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 2013 Philly boot 2 second gap
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2014 5:49 pm 
Rank This Poster

Knight Rider wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I'm just saying we have a thread to talk about the bootlegs. The gaps are certainly an aspect of the bootlegs and would be relevant to that thread.

And I feel this is a big issue that would get lost in the pages of people debating whether Ed says dwa or the.

:haha:

Post subject: Re: 2013 Philly boot 2 second gap
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2014 7:40 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Knight Rider wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
From what Kevin Davis reported about his Vault #2 discs, I wouldn't even be confident that they're using lossless audio when burning the CDs.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=172&p=258886&hilit=+vault#p258886

Is this the post you're talking about, or is there more info out there? It should be relatively easy to run the tracks through a spectrum analyzer and compare with the lossless version. Did anyone try that?

Knight Rider wrote:
JH wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
From what Kevin Davis reported about his Vault #2 discs, I wouldn't even be confident that they're using lossless audio when burning the CDs.

I would assume any BTO company only accepts .wav files. I can't imagine why they would even see a .mp3.

I think your underestimating PJ2014's ability to fuck up.

So in other words, you guys are just speculating. If someone could point me in the direction of a lossless file from one of the Philly shows, I will run it through a spectral analyzer to compare it with the discs I received and post the results.

What I brought up about Kevin Davis's experience was only intended to illustrate that quality control down there might not be that great, not that MP3s are being used as a matter of course.

I'm hardly going to demand he submit his CDs for spectral analysis and, in any event, it probably won't enlighten the discussion very much in regards to your issue with the two second gaps. The latter sounds to me like an issue with the burning process, I don't think there's any reason to presume they're not using lossless files in most cases (and I don't think you running a spectral will necessarily reveal anything unexpected).

It's a general quality control issue. Like I said, just stick with downloads.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live