Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Thread where I post mixes I've made and whatnot.

Thu May 28, 2015 12:49 am

Strat wrote:Damn, the encore starting at Sleeping By Myself onward is really great. Ed actually sounds wonderful as well. This is the kind of music they need to focus on in order to grow and let these talents shine. parachutes and come back are great.

Glad that you were digging it, Strat.

I was really happy with how that encore came out.

Thu May 28, 2015 9:24 am

I'm only just up to that bit. Good work so far. :thumbsup:

Any mix with Parachutes into NAIS is a win. :peace:

Sat December 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Bump. I now listen to more playlists, etc. made by RMers than proper PJ releases. Add more! :)

Sun January 17, 2016 3:08 am

Whoever made the Jack Years Comp (I think it was hlniv?) I listened to it in the car the other day it was really cool!

Sun January 17, 2016 3:25 am

:wave:

Now I have to listen again!

Sat August 27, 2016 11:33 am

Birds in Hell wrote:Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Listening to 2014 US shows, I was pleasantly surprised to find the band in the best form I think they've been in years. I really enjoyed listening to almost all of the shows, so much so I was prompted to make what, to me, feels like a sprawling epic of a mix. I tried to capture the general spirit of the shows on this leg and highlight some of my favourite performances (though I was still forced to omit some very worthy contenders.)

I enjoyed putting this together, I hope some of you guys enjoy it too.

2014 USA TOUR MIX

1. Pendulum
2. Sometimes
3. Of the Girl
4. Go
5. Mind Your Manners
6. Brain of J.
7. Light Years
8. Pilate
9. Swallowed Whole
10. Why Go
11. Do the Evolution
12. Gods' Dice
13. Present Tense
14. Infallible
15. Jeremy
16. Gone
17. Rearviewmirror

18. Sleeping By Myself
19. Parachutes
20. Nothing As It Seems
21. Come Back
22. Future Days
23. Sleight of Hand
24. Given to Fly
25. Lightning Bolt
26. Porch

27. Crazy Mary
28. Black
29. Alive
30. Fuckin' Up
31. Yellow Ledbetter

1, 4, 8, 9, 10, 15: St. Louis, MO
2, 7, 12, 24, 25, 28: Lincoln, NE
3, 18, 19: Cincinnati, OH
5, 17: St. Paul, MN
6, 11, 27, 29, 30: Milwaukee, WI
13, 14, 16, 26, 31: Moline, IL
20, 21: Detroit, MI
22, 23: Denver, CO

FLAC
MP3

Spinning this one along with Ridley's 2CD "Big Nights Out" comp today -- sounds great, Spence!

Sat August 27, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks Kevin!

Sat August 27, 2016 1:11 pm

One nice thing about these shorter tours is that a good mix can really do a nice job summarizing them, documenting multiple performances from each concert while still maintaining a believable sequence. I've tried to make mixes like this in the past (not that I possess the software manipulation abilities to make one sound this nice) and I always lose the flow about 10-11 songs in -- like, for about 40 minutes it's the hardest-hitting onslaught of PJ music known to man, but once I start trying to bring in the rarities and slow songs it descends into a jumbled mess of randomness.

Sat August 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:One nice thing about these shorter tours is that a good mix can really do a nice job summarizing them, documenting multiple performances from each concert while still maintaining a believable sequence. I've tried to make mixes like this in the past (not that I possess the software manipulation abilities to make one sound this nice) and I always lose the flow about 10-11 songs in -- like, for about 40 minutes it's the hardest-hitting onslaught of PJ music known to man, but once I start trying to bring in the rarities and slow songs it descends into a jumbled mess of randomness.

A lot of their actual shows end up like that.

Sat August 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Occasionally, but even when the performances are subpar I feel like setlist pacing is one thing they're pretty consistently good at.

Sat August 27, 2016 5:13 pm

These mixes always make me feel like the show(s) I was at were shit because none of the songs were used for the mix.

Sat August 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Between STL and Moline this mix is like 1/3 shows I was at.

Sat August 27, 2016 5:43 pm

numbers wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:One nice thing about these shorter tours is that a good mix can really do a nice job summarizing them, documenting multiple performances from each concert while still maintaining a believable sequence. I've tried to make mixes like this in the past (not that I possess the software manipulation abilities to make one sound this nice) and I always lose the flow about 10-11 songs in -- like, for about 40 minutes it's the hardest-hitting onslaught of PJ music known to man, but once I start trying to bring in the rarities and slow songs it descends into a jumbled mess of randomness.

A lot of their actual shows end up like that.

Most shows are like that these days. After the main set things often fizzle fast.

Sun August 28, 2016 8:20 am

Working the rarities in is definitely the hardest part of making a mix, and something the band is usually quite good at during a show - Ed is the master of using a well-placed 'stop-and-chat' to smooth out the flow of a set.

Tue August 30, 2016 2:54 pm

I was thinking of doing a Ed solo disc for 2011-2016 never gonna finish but it will hopefully be done by X-mas 2016 once i move to florida in september 2016 mix.

The hardest part is figuring out where to put the rarities that they totally didn't play well. You gotta find a spot where it just fits but doesn't ruin a mix.

Wed August 31, 2016 9:59 am

lowlight79 wrote:I was thinking of doing a Ed solo disc for 2011-2016 never gonna finish but it will hopefully be done by X-mas 2016 once i move to florida in september 2016 mix.

Am I reading this wrong or do you just have mix on the brain mate? :P

All the best with the move - looking forward to seeing how to 2011-2016 mix comes together. You still working on the 2005 mix too?

Wed August 31, 2016 1:37 pm

ridleybradout wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:I was thinking of doing a Ed solo disc for 2011-2016 never gonna finish but it will hopefully be done by X-mas 2016 once i move to florida in september 2016 mix.

All the best with the move - looking forward to seeing how to 2011-2016 mix comes together. You still working on the 2005 mix too?

It's almost done, have gotten to is much lately as I've been sidetrack. But once the move is done, full on buddy.

Thu September 01, 2016 2:31 am

lowlight79 wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

It's almost done, have gotten to is much lately as I've been sidetrack. But once the move is done, full on buddy.

Full on Kevin's mom.
Post a reply