Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Which bootleg are you listening to?
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=294
Page 120 of 121

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon October 12, 2020 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

liebzz wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, these days are worse for sure. I think the band also learnt how to communicate their political views better...they are trying not to burn anyone these days i guess.

The 2003 and 2004 tours were super political.

The environment was different then. Lambasting a sitting president like that 17 years ago was seen as unpatriotic to mainstream media and they certainly treated it that way. Times have shifted (the country is much more divided than that still post-9/11 world).


Sure. Mainstream media was awful then, and its awful now.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon October 12, 2020 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

first half of Uniondale is super cool. The band sounds tight as hell, Ed sounds great. You Are is a must...Matt is hitting the drum at the end and sounds like Dave A. Get Right, Blood, Patriot...all great renditions.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon October 12, 2020 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Finished Uniondale...super awesome boot. Great setlist, tons of energy and the band sounds super fucking good. Crazy Mary was wonderful.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Tue October 13, 2020 12:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Listening to a few songs from Inglewood 98...

Brain Of J is wonderful, like every rendition from this tour. RVM is super cool, but i love the version from 2000 and 2005 more. MFC is so good at this tour.

Author:  lowlight79 [ Thu October 15, 2020 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Finished up the Euro tour. Man what a ride that was, I did end up enjoying the Italian shows more than I remember, but they are good, not great, I like the 2006 dvd they put out, but I feel like releasing something about returning to Reading would of been even better. I wonder if they planned on including the Turino play of Avocado, but seeing as it was just ok, that they removed it.

Now I need some input, Do I pick up the 2006 Aussie tour in November, or the 2005 SA tour?

Author:  raven2001 [ Thu October 15, 2020 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

lowlight79 wrote:
Finished up the Euro tour. Man what a ride that was, I did end up enjoying the Italian shows more than I remember, but they are good, not great, I like the 2006 dvd they put out, but I feel like releasing something about returning to Reading would of been even better. I wonder if they planned on including the Turino play of Avocado, but seeing as it was just ok, that they removed it.

Now I need some input, Do I pick up the 2006 Aussie tour in November, or the 2005 SA tour?

Definitely Australia 2006. One of the best legs they ever did.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Thu October 15, 2020 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

The Toronto and SA tours from 2005 are awesome. Way up there with their best tours.

Author:  liebzz [ Thu October 15, 2020 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

VinylGuy wrote:
liebzz wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, these days are worse for sure. I think the band also learnt how to communicate their political views better...they are trying not to burn anyone these days i guess.

The 2003 and 2004 tours were super political.

The environment was different then. Lambasting a sitting president like that 17 years ago was seen as unpatriotic to mainstream media and they certainly treated it that way. Times have shifted (the country is much more divided than that still post-9/11 world).


Sure. Mainstream media was awful then, and its awful now.

Yes

Author:  injuddstree [ Sun October 18, 2020 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Why are the 06 shows not available on Nugs?

Author:  Tsuga [ Sun October 18, 2020 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

On a drive for groceries (20 minutes each way) I busted out my old CD binder and put in "More Nonsense," an unofficial bootleg circa 1995 with early live versions of Dead Man, Brain of J, Red Mosquito, Long Road, I Got Shit, and the "No Jeremy" performance. Also has Everyday People, Hard to Imagine, a couple jams, etc.

This CD, alongside "No Fuckin' Messiah" was such a huge find/score for me in high school.

https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-More- ... se/6017399

Author:  Simple Torture [ Wed October 21, 2020 12:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

lowlight79 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
I'm about to roll into the Uniondale--Buffalo--State College trio on my 2003 listen. When that leg of the tour ended, these were the 3 bootlegs I ordered based on the setlists. I had no idea about the Uniondale drama. Because it's sandwiched between two memorable shows, I feel like Buffalo gets overlooked, and it really shouldn't--it's a good show.


Buffalo for me was such a sour spot. I was so exhausted and my friend needed a break after we did philly, albany and uniondale before state college. So we skipped it and for years I defended SC as the better show. It's simply not, Buffalo was a beast. Easily the best Boom version of Crazy Mary ever played, Sonic reducer was insane and so many more. Ed's version of soon forget and banter about the booing in Uniondale and what happened was a nice touch to the show.

I'm listening to this right now, and, yeah, this is a great version--I still prefer 2000 Crazy Mary (a la Chicago), but the last 3-4 minutes of this one are just on fire.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Wed October 21, 2020 3:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

I think the best Crazy Mary version i heard, also the first one, was Seattle 2000 with Mike tagging Stairway To Heaven.

Author:  lowlight79 [ Wed October 21, 2020 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

VinylGuy wrote:
I think the best Crazy Mary version i heard, also the first one, was Seattle 2000 with Mike tagging Stairway To Heaven.



Pre Boom, for I always go back to the Phoenix 2000 version. Insane.

Author:  Simple Torture [ Sat October 24, 2020 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

lol @ Satan's Bed in State College. It's been years since I listened to that.

Author:  lowlight79 [ Wed October 28, 2020 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Simple Torture wrote:
lol @ Satan's Bed in State College. It's been years since I listened to that.


it was more funny being there.

Author:  raven2001 [ Fri November 06, 2020 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

San Diego 2013. Very nice version of Sleight Of Hand, didn't expect that...

Author:  Wendy Carlos's Twin [ Fri November 06, 2020 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

VinylGuy wrote:
Finished Uniondale...super awesome boot. Great setlist, tons of energy and the band sounds super fucking good. Crazy Mary was wonderful.


Yup. Those little turds didn't realize they had gotten one of the best shows of the whole tour.

Author:  mkay0 [ Mon November 09, 2020 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Re-listened to Uniondale because the live on four legs pod was covering it. I agree that it's really good, but hardly an all timer all the way though. Huge errors on DtE.

Author:  raven2001 [ Sat November 14, 2020 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Vancouver 2013. There's a very nice improv that leads into Porch. Didn't expect that on the 2013 tour... This is one of the better marathon shows.

Author:  lowlight79 [ Fri November 20, 2020 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

I've been moving through the 2006 Aussie tour, Gonna give myself some Newcastle tonight and relax on the porch tonight. I do not think there is bad show yet in these first half I've listened to. Ed though was really mad about the Sydney crowds, man did he rip the first two night at several concerts. But Sydney three is fucking great. Especially the 2nd encore.

Page 120 of 121 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/