Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Thu July 16, 2020 7:16 pm

lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:I might get into some 2003 boots later.

I hadn't listened to any of these shows since my first go around and I'll say this. I am about midway through June now.

- Aussie leg was a disaster, some great moments, but the shows showed rust from the layoff.
- Japan, these shows while not perfect, but priceless, these show are basically rehersals with the big Tokyo show in the middle.
-US first leg is very poltical, best run of shows from Raleigh to State College I since they started releasing them.

I just finished listening to AUS and JAP, and I think my thoughts are very similar. The sound of those Japan bootlegs is just like nothing else; with good headphones, I could basically hear the band members talking between songs. I just started the US tour today, and I thought even just the 2nd song from Denver (Hail, Hail) had more energy than almost any song from those first two legs. I think you could tell they were looking forward to playing the US that year. I've really only listened deeply to the end of the first US leg and the end of the second one, so this should be fun.

Tue July 21, 2020 5:50 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:I might get into some 2003 boots later.

I hadn't listened to any of these shows since my first go around and I'll say this. I am about midway through June now.

- Aussie leg was a disaster, some great moments, but the shows showed rust from the layoff.
- Japan, these shows while not perfect, but priceless, these show are basically rehersals with the big Tokyo show in the middle.
-US first leg is very poltical, best run of shows from Raleigh to State College I since they started releasing them.

I just finished listening to AUS and JAP, and I think my thoughts are very similar. The sound of those Japan bootlegs is just like nothing else; with good headphones, I could basically hear the band members talking between songs. I just started the US tour today, and I thought even just the 2nd song from Denver (Hail, Hail) had more energy than almost any song from those first two legs. I think you could tell they were looking forward to playing the US that year. I've really only listened deeply to the end of the first US leg and the end of the second one, so this should be fun.

I just finished Holmdel, I started in March when the pandemic hit and went through Japan, Leg 1 NA and Leg 2 NA of north america. I felt like I was on that long tour lol. What a run, the 2nd leg really was magical. Now I'll take a break and leave the Riot act tour behind and move onto the fall 2006 Euro tour. I don't remember much of it, but with florida exploding with cases, the end of august will be fun.

Thu July 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Checked in on this thread and now revisiting Japan 2003. Jesus Christ this is good stuff. Songs in places they aren't normally in setlists, the way you can hear every little thing - this is a really unique thing in the PJ catalog. Have done this a few times before, but never enjoyed it this much.

Mon August 10, 2020 1:00 am

Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...

Mon August 10, 2020 4:13 am

ridleybradout wrote:Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...

Is this helpful?

Mon August 10, 2020 5:01 am

delanoche wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...

Is this helpful?

Perfect - thanks heaps :nice:

Mon August 10, 2020 7:54 pm

mkay0 wrote:Checked in on this thread and now revisiting Japan 2003. Jesus Christ this is good stuff. Songs in places they aren't normally in setlists, the way you can hear every little thing - this is a really unique thing in the PJ catalog. Have done this a few times before, but never enjoyed it this much.

Im listening to Osaka 2003 right now.

Tue August 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Starting the Japan tour right now. Probably the most unique set of shows to listen to, right? As previously mentioned, it sounds like they're playing in your living room.

Tue August 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Love how ed sounds. Super low register in most of the songs. Calm.

Tue August 11, 2020 7:59 pm

Still love that improv they did before Immortality in Nagoya.

Tue August 11, 2020 8:06 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Love how ed sounds. Super low register in most of the songs. Calm.

Yeah, he sounds great.

Tue August 11, 2020 11:27 pm

Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

Sounds super awesome...and Matt is just so good. Given To Fly might be the best live version out there.

Wed August 12, 2020 5:29 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

Sounds super awesome...and Matt is just so good. Given To Fly might be the best live version out there.

That's the best PJ bootleg I've ever heard.

Wed August 12, 2020 7:22 pm

tyweed wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

That's the best PJ bootleg I've ever heard.

yeah sounds awesome, the band is on fire and it has a great setlist.

Matt is just...plain incredible.

Mon August 17, 2020 4:29 pm

got inspired by everyone listening to the '03 Japan shows, so I'm listening to Sendai.

Mon August 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Cool!!

Ill get that one

Mon August 17, 2020 6:16 pm

So without much pause, onto the Euro 2006 tour!

I wanted to revisit this leg because I do not remember much of it. I do know now and remembered back then that when the band landed in Ireland, that they had this nervous pent up energy about the upcoming leeds and reading fests. I really forgot how great reading really was. The band was in high form, but you can tell they were nervous with what happened in 2000 which even Ed saying at the end of reading emotionally "thanks for being safe!"/ Now off to the Arnhem!

Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?

Mon August 17, 2020 6:57 pm

lowlight79 wrote:Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?

Were they ever on Spotify? I know when I used to use Apple Music, they had a handful of shows from 2006. Is that still the case?

Mon August 17, 2020 10:06 pm

lowlight79 wrote:So without much pause, onto the Euro 2006 tour!

I wanted to revisit this leg because I do not remember much of it. I do know now and remembered back then that when the band landed in Ireland, that they had this nervous pent up energy about the upcoming leeds and reading fests. I really forgot how great reading really was. The band was in high form, but you can tell they were nervous with what happened in 2000 which even Ed saying at the end of reading emotionally "thanks for being safe!"/ Now off to the Arnhem!

Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?

They are not wide releases.

Reading 06 is fucking wonderful.

Tue August 18, 2020 2:41 pm

still going with the Japan '03 shows, and I'm on Budokan. Man, that version of Release is pretty damn good.
Post a reply