The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 121  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 16, 2020 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18849
Location: Cumberland, RI
lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I might get into some 2003 boots later.


I hadn't listened to any of these shows since my first go around and I'll say this. I am about midway through June now.

- Aussie leg was a disaster, some great moments, but the shows showed rust from the layoff.
- Japan, these shows while not perfect, but priceless, these show are basically rehersals with the big Tokyo show in the middle.
-US first leg is very poltical, best run of shows from Raleigh to State College I since they started releasing them.


I just finished listening to AUS and JAP, and I think my thoughts are very similar. The sound of those Japan bootlegs is just like nothing else; with good headphones, I could basically hear the band members talking between songs. I just started the US tour today, and I thought even just the 2nd song from Denver (Hail, Hail) had more energy than almost any song from those first two legs. I think you could tell they were looking forward to playing the US that year. I've really only listened deeply to the end of the first US leg and the end of the second one, so this should be fun.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue July 21, 2020 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1915
Location: Heathrow, FL
Simple Torture wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I might get into some 2003 boots later.


I hadn't listened to any of these shows since my first go around and I'll say this. I am about midway through June now.

- Aussie leg was a disaster, some great moments, but the shows showed rust from the layoff.
- Japan, these shows while not perfect, but priceless, these show are basically rehersals with the big Tokyo show in the middle.
-US first leg is very poltical, best run of shows from Raleigh to State College I since they started releasing them.


I just finished listening to AUS and JAP, and I think my thoughts are very similar. The sound of those Japan bootlegs is just like nothing else; with good headphones, I could basically hear the band members talking between songs. I just started the US tour today, and I thought even just the 2nd song from Denver (Hail, Hail) had more energy than almost any song from those first two legs. I think you could tell they were looking forward to playing the US that year. I've really only listened deeply to the end of the first US leg and the end of the second one, so this should be fun.



I just finished Holmdel, I started in March when the pandemic hit and went through Japan, Leg 1 NA and Leg 2 NA of north america. I felt like I was on that long tour lol. What a run, the 2nd leg really was magical. Now I'll take a break and leave the Riot act tour behind and move onto the fall 2006 Euro tour. I don't remember much of it, but with florida exploding with cases, the end of august will be fun.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 7:58 pm
Posts: 346
Checked in on this thread and now revisiting Japan 2003. Jesus Christ this is good stuff. Songs in places they aren't normally in setlists, the way you can hear every little thing - this is a really unique thing in the PJ catalog. Have done this a few times before, but never enjoyed it this much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: Rand McNally
Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 259
Location: St. Paul
ridleybradout wrote:
Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...


Is this helpful?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: Rand McNally
delanoche wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
Does anyone have a physical copy of a Nugs PJ bootleg from 2018? If so any chance you could pls post a photo of the back cover? Something cool coming soon from the ridleybradout/Lowlight79 production rooms...


Is this helpful?

Image

Perfect - thanks heaps :nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
mkay0 wrote:
Checked in on this thread and now revisiting Japan 2003. Jesus Christ this is good stuff. Songs in places they aren't normally in setlists, the way you can hear every little thing - this is a really unique thing in the PJ catalog. Have done this a few times before, but never enjoyed it this much.


Im listening to Osaka 2003 right now.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24778
Location: Mizzou
Starting the Japan tour right now. Probably the most unique set of shows to listen to, right? As previously mentioned, it sounds like they're playing in your living room.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
Love how ed sounds. Super low register in most of the songs. Calm.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 2124
Still love that improv they did before Immortality in Nagoya.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
"Hey, do you want to go to this horrible thing?"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24778
Location: Mizzou
VinylGuy wrote:
Love how ed sounds. Super low register in most of the songs. Calm.


Yeah, he sounds great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 11, 2020 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

Sounds super awesome...and Matt is just so good. Given To Fly might be the best live version out there.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 128
Location: San Francisco, CA
VinylGuy wrote:
Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

Sounds super awesome...and Matt is just so good. Given To Fly might be the best live version out there.


That's the best PJ bootleg I've ever heard.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed August 12, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
tyweed wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Listening to Constitution Hall 98, my only vault vinyl.

Sounds super awesome...and Matt is just so good. Given To Fly might be the best live version out there.


That's the best PJ bootleg I've ever heard.


yeah sounds awesome, the band is on fire and it has a great setlist.

Matt is just...plain incredible.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 2124
got inspired by everyone listening to the '03 Japan shows, so I'm listening to Sendai.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
"Hey, do you want to go to this horrible thing?"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
Cool!!

Ill get that one

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1915
Location: Heathrow, FL
So without much pause, onto the Euro 2006 tour!

I wanted to revisit this leg because I do not remember much of it. I do know now and remembered back then that when the band landed in Ireland, that they had this nervous pent up energy about the upcoming leeds and reading fests. I really forgot how great reading really was. The band was in high form, but you can tell they were nervous with what happened in 2000 which even Ed saying at the end of reading emotionally "thanks for being safe!"/ Now off to the Arnhem!

Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 2124
lowlight79 wrote:
Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?

Were they ever on Spotify? I know when I used to use Apple Music, they had a handful of shows from 2006. Is that still the case?

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
"Hey, do you want to go to this horrible thing?"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24072
lowlight79 wrote:
So without much pause, onto the Euro 2006 tour!

I wanted to revisit this leg because I do not remember much of it. I do know now and remembered back then that when the band landed in Ireland, that they had this nervous pent up energy about the upcoming leeds and reading fests. I really forgot how great reading really was. The band was in high form, but you can tell they were nervous with what happened in 2000 which even Ed saying at the end of reading emotionally "thanks for being safe!"/ Now off to the Arnhem!

Off topic, does anyone know why most of the 2006 shows are not on any streaming services?


They are not wide releases.

Reading 06 is fucking wonderful.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 2124
still going with the Japan '03 shows, and I'm on Budokan. Man, that version of Release is pretty damn good.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
"Hey, do you want to go to this horrible thing?"


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 121  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat January 16, 2021 6:20 pm