Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?

Sat February 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Zagreb 2006: nice set and very good performace. Definitely enjoyed that one...

Tue February 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
liebzz wrote:NYC 5/21/10 - such a great show start to finish.

Is that the one with Slow Lukin and the awesome version of The End?

Yes. And with the mind blowing great second encore.

Sat February 09, 2019 12:38 am

I heard Takin It To The Streets/Whipping for the first time the other day and I loved it.

Sun February 10, 2019 12:27 am

numbers wrote:I heard Takin It To The Streets/Whipping for the first time the other day and I loved it.

Yeah. I totally dig it

Sun February 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Belfast 2010. Underwhelming...

Tue February 12, 2019 4:09 am

What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

Tue February 12, 2019 4:17 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:What 06 San Francisco show is considered the best?

The third and final show, one of their best ever.

Tue February 12, 2019 4:32 am

Birds in Hell wrote:

Ooo fun.

Tue February 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

Yup.

Thu February 14, 2019 2:23 am

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Yup.

Listened to the beginning through Even Flow. My goodness, what a run. Every single song is performed very well.

Fri February 22, 2019 3:04 pm

Still listening to that San Francisco boot. Up to Crazy Mary. I even enjoyed the Boom solo. That's a good indicator of the quality of the show.

Fri February 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Still listening to that San Francisco boot. Up to Crazy Mary. I even enjoyed the Boom solo. That's a good indicator of the quality of the show.

Currently doing the EU Tour 2010 in chronological order, those San Francisco shows 2006 will be next...and they will be much better:)

Fri February 22, 2019 3:58 pm

There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

Fri February 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

The really good moments were in the US part of the tour I guess. (MSG 2, Boston, even New Orleans is a nice show) For Europe: Performancewise London and Berlin (don't care too much for both setlists) are good but all those uninspired 90min festival shows...meh...Definitely the worst Euro tour they ever did.

Fri February 22, 2019 6:13 pm

raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:There were ok moments in the 2010 tour, but 08-10 was a not a good period for live PJ.

The really good moments were in the US part of the tour I guess. (MSG 2, Boston, even New Orleans is a nice show) For Europe: Performancewise London and Berlin (don't care too much for both setlists) are good but all those uninspired 90min festival shows...meh...Definitely the worst Euro tour they ever did.

I’m biased because I was there, but Cleveland was a very, very solid show for that period, which seems to
get overlooked for the bigger cities that followed shortly after.
http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/10/ ... cleveland/

Fri February 22, 2019 8:01 pm

littlecomment wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

I’m biased because I was there, but Cleveland was a very, very solid show for that period, which seems to
get overlooked for the bigger cities that followed shortly after.
http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/10/ ... cleveland/

Yeah, I remember that one being very good!

Sat February 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Finished the 2010 Euro tour today. Lisbon was a nice closer, good show!

Thu February 28, 2019 3:13 am

started listening to the milwaukee yield show and i’d forgotten baba was in the five hole so rick nielsen could make his bedtime. i love that you can hear the crowd react to the surprise placement over the (sloppy) intro, and the ‘don’t cry...’ part might be the loudest i’ve ever heard a crowd sing on one of their bootlegs. faithfull’s just a couple songs later and the crowd singing ‘we all believe’ is maybe like a third of that volume.

Fri March 15, 2019 5:46 am

Sirius had the Melbourne St. Patrick's Day '95 concert on tonight. I should give that a proper write up over the weekend because that much bootlegged show had as much influence turning into a superfan than any given studio release.
Still my favorite electric Black.

Fri March 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Trieste 2014. Meh...you have to look very closely to find any highlights here. There are no bad fuckups but nothing's really great either.
Post a reply