The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 99  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 10:07 pm
Posts: 103
raven2001 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
That April-May stretch is fantastic.

It really is! A rarely mentioned gem from that leg is Cleveland! Performance-wise this is one of the best (only Sonic Reducer is a rough version, the rest topnotch) and they really had fun that night. It may have helped that this was one of the larger crowds on the first leg.


I only have Raleigh, NC, and St. Louis, MO from that stretch. In addition to Cleveland, what are some other's you'd recommend? Of the two I have, I like St. Louis better than Raleigh. The St. Louis '03 show is one of my favorite bootlegs.

You're right, St. Louis is one of the best shows from that leg. I just finished listening to this leg in chronological order and I rated every song. This is the list of top shows I came up with (and mind you: my rating is strictly performancewise, I didn't rate the setlist or how loud the crowd was):
Uniondale
Cleveland
St. Louis
Albany
Buffalo
West Palm Beach
Champaign
State College
Lexington
Philadelphia
Nashville
Charlotte

The rest was very similar, some of them decent (Oklahoma, Woodlands, Pittsburgh), others...well, nothing to write home about.
To clarify one more time: I only rated the quality of performance. Which is why State College is not on top, although I do think that it is one of the best shows they ever did. But ist had Mankind and Satan's Bed and those versions definitely lowered the rating...
I already started the second leg, Missoula was an excellent show, Vancouver very good. Looking forward to those next shows, especially since I've never heard them before.


That Uniondale show is still the best of the 15 shows I've seen.
That Nashville show has a bunch of Binaural, including a nice Parting Ways.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 46
Just finished Las Vegas 2003. Highlights: Save you-STBC-Last Exit, Know your rights, RITFW with Ann and Nancy Wilson. Also includes a terribly botched version of Last Kiss and the first time ever performance of I believe in miracles.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
They need to put the 2003 boots up on pj.com. They have all the 2000 shows, I wonder why they don't have the 2003 ones. I'd like to get some of the above mentioned shows + one or two from the Japan leg.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 29, 2013 3:44 pm
Posts: 234
I listened to some 3/6/03 earlier today. There is an interesting 5+ minute instrumental improv, followed by an unusual Immortality. Good stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 6217
Had been on quite a PJ hiatus until this week. Been listening to some 2003 shows. They've all been as fantastic, as I'd remembered.

Right now, Sydney 1. Really nice show so far. Amazing version of Immortality.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 12:17 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 46
Phoenix 2003: sloppy mainset (it must have been really hot that day, you can clearly hear Ed struggling throughout the first part of the show). The encore is pretty good. Not as good as the 2000 show in the same place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 843
Mansfield 3 ‘03: I am listening to the main set, which often I think is overlooked due to the preset. There are a lot of songs they just don’t normally play and most are played pretty well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 87
Location: San Francisco, CA
raven2001 wrote:
Phoenix 2003: sloppy mainset (it must have been really hot that day, you can clearly hear Ed struggling throughout the first part of the show). The encore is pretty good. Not as good as the 2000 show in the same place.


Interesting how you find the main set sloppy. I think this is one of the top 3 shows of the '03 tour. Consistently good all the way through with stellar versions of Breakerfall, Cropduster and Even Flow. Ed does totally flub the lyrics in Given to Fly, though.

The version of Rearviewmirror is an absolute all-time shithammer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 46
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Phoenix 2003: sloppy mainset (it must have been really hot that day, you can clearly hear Ed struggling throughout the first part of the show). The encore is pretty good. Not as good as the 2000 show in the same place.


Interesting how you find the main set sloppy. I think this is one of the top 3 shows of the '03 tour. Consistently good all the way through with stellar versions of Breakerfall, Cropduster and Even Flow. Ed does totally flub the lyrics in Given to Fly, though.

The version of Rearviewmirror is an absolute all-time shithammer.

The sloppy moments are during the main set: GTF, Save you (mistake by Mike during the intro), Insignificance. Gimme some truth, Corduroy, STBC are not bad but far from great. It has great moments as well, just like you said.
That being said, I still think it's a good show. They were playing at a pretty good level at this point. One of the top shows of the tour? Not really...at least in MY opinion (that's always important to add:))


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16024
Location: Mizzou
darth_vedder wrote:
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


'05 Tour is peak live PJ to me.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15226
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


'05 Tour is peak live PJ to me.


It is. its the perfect blend between the energy of the first years and the middle years. Ed sounds fantastic.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16024
Location: Mizzou
VinylGuy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


'05 Tour is peak live PJ to me.


It is. its the perfect blend between the energy of the first years and the middle years. Ed sounds fantastic.


Yes. And they are not touring for a specific album.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15226
Monkey_Driven wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


'05 Tour is peak live PJ to me.


It is. its the perfect blend between the energy of the first years and the middle years. Ed sounds fantastic.


Yes. And they are not touring for a specific album.


The setlist are so so good. A perfect mix between all their albums.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16024
Location: Mizzou
VinylGuy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
They need to release some 2005 shows. I've heard bits and pieces, and the band sounds really good this tour.


'05 Tour is peak live PJ to me.


It is. its the perfect blend between the energy of the first years and the middle years. Ed sounds fantastic.


Yes. And they are not touring for a specific album.


The setlist are so so good. A perfect mix between all their albums.


Oh yeah. And each song had at least one great performance.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Rand McNally
I think we should petition Lowlight79 to do a full 2005 mix once he’s done with 2011-2016 :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 87
Location: San Francisco, CA
Great tour. My only criticism of '05 is Stone's over-use of the Stratocaster. Just a total twangfest on his side of the stage.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16024
Location: Mizzou
tyweed wrote:
Great tour. My only criticism of '05 is Stone's over-use of the Stratocaster. Just a total twangfest on his side of the stage.


He's such an asshole.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 112
tyweed wrote:
Great tour. My only criticism of '05 is Stone's over-use of the Stratocaster. Just a total twangfest on his side of the stage.


TWANG TWANG TWANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 87
Location: San Francisco, CA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tyweed wrote:
Great tour. My only criticism of '05 is Stone's over-use of the Stratocaster. Just a total twangfest on his side of the stage.


He's such an asshole.


Right?! What kind of asshole plays a Strat on Even Flow or Go? D'Arcy is a waaaaaaaay better guitar player.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 99  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue December 11, 2018 10:43 pm