The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: What bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun October 16, 2016 12:07 am 
AnalLog

Fuzzcharger wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:

All of those shows are fantastic, but Saratoga is especially notable for its unusually high energy level which is why it always tops my lists. Not a mellow show for the most part and very spot-on.

Chicago is also very tight.

And I cannot stress enough...

Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pittsburgh

This one has a little bit of everything. If it was as lengthy as State College it would completely shit all over it.

Okay Pittsburgh has been downloaded too. Been listening to Saratoga his morning. That's a pretty charged up Beeakerfall they open with :shock:

that Breakerfall will never be matched...I'm not even that big a fan of the song, but THAT version is fantastic

PostPosted: Sun October 16, 2016 6:18 am 
Future Drummer

MattA75 wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:

All of those shows are fantastic, but Saratoga is especially notable for its unusually high energy level which is why it always tops my lists. Not a mellow show for the most part and very spot-on.

Chicago is also very tight.

And I cannot stress enough...

Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pittsburgh

This one has a little bit of everything. If it was as lengthy as State College it would completely shit all over it.

Okay Pittsburgh has been downloaded too. Been listening to Saratoga his morning. That's a pretty charged up Beeakerfall they open with :shock:

that Breakerfall will never be matched...I'm not even that big a fan of the song, but THAT version is fantastic

Saratoga's Breakerfall is great but East Troy 2000's is even better :nice:

PostPosted: Sun October 16, 2016 6:36 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

I must say I'm LOVING this Pittsburgh show. Band seem in fine spirits and that encore kills even when they are pulling out slightly less fine tuned obscurities like Wash or I Got You the performances have a real nice urgency about them. Good choice WCT.

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2016 3:32 am 
Future Drummer

Fuzzcharger wrote:
I must say I'm LOVING this Pittsburgh show. Band seem in fine spirits and that encore kills even when they are pulling out slightly less fine tuned obscurities like Wash or I Got You the performances have a real nice urgency about them. Good choice WCT.

Yeah. Saratoga is best for when you are pumped up. Katowice II is a good mellow/chillout show. Chicago is for those who get off on mind-expanding precision. But Pittsburgh is a perfect "all-purpose" show.

PostPosted: Wed October 19, 2016 12:27 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Finishing up Philly 1 from this year. Ed fucks up Crown of Thorns reeeeeeeal good.

PostPosted: Fri October 21, 2016 1:33 am 
tl;dr

Soldier Field '95 -- the old 3CD silver set, with the "Live at Leeds" knockoff packaging and the Summerfest bonus material. I know the audiophiles have their issues with this one, but it was such a massive part of my fandom growing up that I can't bring myself to care. One of the few shows, like Melbourne '98, where I feel like every note is special.

PostPosted: Fri October 21, 2016 8:38 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

1993-10-31: Greek Theatre

set: Go, Animal, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Even Flow, Daughter, Alive, Dissident, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, State of Love and Trust, Porch
enc: Blood, Once, Footsteps, Alone, Fuckin’ Up, Sonic Reducer, Baba O’Riley, Indifference

Haven't listened to this one in a while. It's kind of nice to hear early versions of Elderly Woman without the crowd sing-a-longs. A pretty good recording from a great era.

PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2016 3:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Kevin Davis wrote:
Soldier Field '95 -- the old 3CD silver set, with the "Live at Leeds" knockoff packaging and the Summerfest bonus material. I know the audiophiles have their issues with this one, but it was such a massive part of my fandom growing up that I can't bring myself to care. One of the few shows, like Melbourne '98, where I feel like every note is special.

agreed

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 1:37 pm 
Future Drummer

Coach wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

agreed

I paid like $80 for this back in late 95 or early 96 from some record store. I didn't understand what it was at first, but I had to have it. It became a prized possession and was like an awakening of some deep movement within my being. All of the sudden, Pearl Jam was more to me than 3 albums and Eddie counting to five on his fingers or writing on his arm with a sharpie. I still have a box of bootleg cassette tape copies from dozens of shows in my basement that resulted from a 2 year period starting with wearing out those three silver CD's and that dirtying up that brown plain paper cover.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 5:56 pm 
Future Drummer

4/28/16, Philly, this show is better than I thought it would be. Education from here is outstanding!

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 8:04 pm 

It's been a minute since I've listened to Indio '93. I'm actually watching it on YouTube. Jesus, what an intense show. Even though there's already a great recording of this, it would be nice if it were officially released. I doubt it will ever happen.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 8:04 pm 
Production Police

dad wrote:
It's been a minute since I've listened to Indio '93. I'm actually watching it on YouTube. Jesus, what an intense show. Even though there's already a great recording of this, it would be nice if it were officially released. I doubt it will ever happen.

That's the shoe-throwing incident, yea? That's a good 'un.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 8:37 pm 

tragabigzanda wrote:
dad wrote:

That's the shoe-throwing incident, yea? That's a good 'un.

Indeed it is that show. Having only listened to it, but now watching it, I have a greater appreciate for how the band handled themselves. Any other band would've walked off earlier in the set, and not returned. A pretty damn good performance was turned in that night.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2016 7:07 pm 

Vault #3. More Yield shows please.

Also, whoever is yelling Stone's name at the beginning of Present Tense...you are my spirit animal.

PostPosted: Tue November 01, 2016 6:14 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Good call on Pittsburg.

I think I've mentioned it before, but if not, Lubbock is a nice little gem from the 2000 tour.

My first love from the 2000 bootleg series was Detroit. It starts with Go and doesn't let off the throttle for awhile. Great versions of Animal, SOLAT, I Got Shit, In My Tree, Insignificance, Tremor Christ, Partying Ways, and Fuckin' Up. NAIS is nice too... Ed flubs the lyrics, but the ending is pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2016 3:03 am 
The Master

The politically charged covers o 03 and 04.

Fuck i miss that band. Know your rights was an incredible fucking cover.

PostPosted: Mon November 21, 2016 7:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Constitution Hall 98.

Of course on fucking vinyl....my god, what a show...Matt is awesome here, i dont miss jack at all....Given to fly? thats how you play this thing...

ACT OF FUCKIN LOVE MAN.

PostPosted: Tue November 22, 2016 9:18 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
Constitution Hall 98.

Of course on fucking vinyl....my god, what a show...Matt is awesome here, i dont miss jack at all....Given to fly? thats how you play this thing...

ACT OF FUCKIN LOVE MAN.

I'm not sure I've heard a better PJ bootleg than this one.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2016 3:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tyweed wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Constitution Hall 98.

ACT OF FUCKIN LOVE MAN.

I'm not sure I've heard a better PJ bootleg than this one.

It is good, and Matt was amazing that 98 tour. Would have liked to hear them try IMT and WYA that tour. And yeah, I barely miss Jack from those '98 shows with Matt. He was on fire that tour and the band seemed really energized to have him. I wish they'd just go ahead and release the entire 1998 tour.

PostPosted: Wed November 30, 2016 4:36 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

London 2000.

Well, a powerful one...the Binaural songs sound so nice, so focused and its crazy to remember now how mad i was at them for barely play Ten in that tour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live