The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 9:24 pm 
A Return To Form

lowlight79 wrote:
I've been moving through the 2006 Aussie tour, Gonna give myself some Newcastle tonight and relax on the porch tonight. I do not think there is bad show yet in these first half I've listened to. Ed though was really mad about the Sydney crowds, man did he rip the first two night at several concerts. But Sydney three is fucking great. Especially the 2nd encore.

You can really look forward to both Adelaide shows! Awesome stuff.

PostPosted: Wed December 09, 2020 11:20 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I listened to Vault #9 today. I really enjoyed listening to this show, which is really the tail end of their shows having that sense of danger and chaos from the band.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 7:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Finished Australia, Man what a run of shows, which immediately followed with South America 2005. I really didn't remember some of these shows being so bad. Alot of errors, first time there with huge crowds was probably nerve racking. But are some great performances through out the shows.

A question I have had for years is WTF is going on at the beginning of the Curbita show? It sounds like Mike is soloing for like two minutes, then the band comes out and they going into Interstellar/Corduroy.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 8:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Australia from which year?

South America and Canada 2005 are one of my favs from all eras. Also, the first time i heard the band.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 8:08 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
Australia from which year?

South America and Canada 2005 are one of my favs from all eras. Also, the first time i heard the band.

Aussie 2006.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 8:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

listening to Honolulu 06 because its so fucking good

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 8:23 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:

Saving that and San Fran 3 from 06 for X-mas week.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 8:24 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

You need to check canada and south america 05 if you havent. Specially the first BA show.

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 9:24 pm 
A Return To Form

lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

You're in for a real treat with San Francisco III, one of the all time greats!

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 9:29 pm 
A Return To Form

lowlight79 wrote:
A question I have had for years is WTF is going on at the beginning of the Curbita show? It sounds like Mike is soloing for like two minutes, then the band comes out and they going into Interstellar/Corduroy.

For some reason Mike is already on stage but the rest of the band has not arrived yet. Maybe he did it to kill time until they came out:)

PostPosted: Mon December 14, 2020 11:34 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

You need to check canada and south america 05 if you havent. Specially the first BA show.

BA1 is good, although I like Santiago 2 slightly better. I think it's the best show of the South American leg. In general, the SA 05 shows are just ok.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 1:35 am 
Broken Tamborine

raven2001 wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

For some reason Mike is already on stage but the rest of the band has not arrived yet. Maybe he did it to kill time until they came out:)

Mike was not already on stage, actually. To access the stage the band took an elevator from their backstage and Mike was using some wireless equipment. So that sound is him coming from the backstage with his guitar plugged all way through. Pic of them leaving the stage in the elevator (same picture from PJ20 book) and watching the amazing brazilian crowd:

Video (partial):

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 11:24 am 
A Return To Form

Johnny Turner wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

Mike was not already on stage, actually. To access the stage the band took an elevator from their backstage and Mike was using some wireless equipment. So that sound is him coming from the backstage with his guitar plugged all way through. Pic of them leaving the stage in the elevator (same picture from PJ20 book) and watching the amazing brazilian crowd:

Video (partial):

Thanks for clarifying that, I got my info from a fanview thread somewhere but that sounds realistic:)

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 3:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Johnny Turner wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

Video (partial):

Thank you sir, you answered a question I had for many years.

PostPosted: Sat January 23, 2021 4:55 am 
The Master

Has there been any live performance of Given to Fly where ed has gone to the higher register (like on the record) for the final "A human being that was given to fly...."

?

I personally can't recall any. Maybe there's a hidden 98 show that i haven't heard but.....?

PostPosted: Sat January 23, 2021 8:25 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Strat wrote:
Has there been any live performance of Given to Fly where ed has gone to the higher register (like on the record) for the final "A human being that was given to fly...."

?

I personally can't recall any. Maybe there's a hidden 98 show that i haven't heard but.....?

A couple of the '97 shows.

PostPosted: Tue January 26, 2021 3:37 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Listening to Chicago '03, not sure if I ever have before. Two very weird fuck-ups with the sound:

At the end of Disc 1, as the last track fades out, you can hear Ed say something like "thanks" to the crowd. You can hear the same word as track 1 of Disc 2 fades in.

Like 8 other shows in '03, Ed sang "Arc," this time during the first encore. It's cut out, but you can hear the few final seconds of it before/during the first few notes of Corduroy.

PostPosted: Wed January 27, 2021 6:00 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to Chicago '03, not sure if I ever have before. Two very weird fuck-ups with the sound:

At the end of Disc 1, as the last track fades out, you can hear Ed say something like "thanks" to the crowd. You can hear the same word as track 1 of Disc 2 fades in.

Like 8 other shows in '03, Ed sang "Arc," this time during the first encore. It's cut out, but you can hear the few final seconds of it before/during the first few notes of Corduroy.

How are either of those things fuck-ups?

PostPosted: Wed January 27, 2021 6:21 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

How are either of those things fuck-ups?

Well, usually the banter isn't repeated between discs, so that seems like an editing mistake. You're right about the second one, though--I don't think it's fair to call it a mistake, as the band started playing before Arc was over--there was probably no way to edit it out seamlessly.

PostPosted: Thu January 28, 2021 2:08 am 
tl;dr

I forget, what was the reason for not including "Arc" on the bootlegs? Like it was a private thing dedicated to the Roskilde victims that they wanted to remain special for those who were there for it?

I was at that Chicago show -- one of my favorite main sets in my (admittedly limited, compared to many here) PJ concertgoing history :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live