The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 12:15 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Leatherhead wrote:
Love that Black Market Avocado comp.

Glad to hear it!

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 9:14 am 
A Return To Form

Just started Frankfurt. Considering the fact that they rarely do Inside Job these days, this version is excellent! They rehearsed it at soundcheck and the result is fabulous.
Edit: Just finished. Well nobody should complain about a 2h show if they do one like that! Excellent and by a wide margin the best of the tour so far. Next up Werchter...

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 12:55 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The current shows have been running approximately 2 hours 10 minutes and that's the sweet spot for me as someone who loves to listening to the bootlegs.

3hr+ shows are great in person but they can get sloppy and the crowd energy can wane a little towards the end. The bootlegs end up being a bit of a slog, too.

These shows have been tight, energetic, the band is on point and Ed hasn't been as tired by the end of the night. One or two rarities per show and I'm a happy camper.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 1:46 pm 
The Master

BootsToAsses wrote:
The current shows have been running approximately 2 hours 10 minutes and that's the sweet spot for me as someone who loves to listening to the bootlegs.

3hr+ shows are great in person but they can get sloppy and the crowd energy can wane a little towards the end. The bootlegs end up being a bit of a slog, too.

These shows have been tight, energetic, the band is on point and Ed hasn't been as tired by the end of the night. One or two rarities per show and I'm a happy camper.

Absolutely. I just wish they mixed up the sets a bit more. Maybe that will come with the US leg.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 2:16 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Monkey_Driven wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:

Absolutely. I just wish they mixed up the sets a bit more. Maybe that will come with the US leg.

Yeah, perhaps they could mix it up a bit more but I think for the most part they're getting it right. In Budapest for example, we got the rarely played Half Full, I'm Open, Watchtower. That's pretty sweet.

My only nitpick would be the slightly generic encores, but I imagine the band just feel like that's the time to get into celebration mode and build up the energy. The big hits still get the biggest response.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 3:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Birds in Hell wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
Love that Black Market Avocado comp.

Glad to hear it!

:D

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 3:04 pm 
A Return To Form

There are VERY few of those 3h bootlegs where the whole show is really good. I was lucky enough to attend a show where that was the case (Vienna 2014) but those were exceptions not the rule. I saw the Budapest show in July and it was great...yeah, they don't mix it up that much but as a result those 3 or 4 new ones sound really good. Really looking forward to the rest of those European bootlegs and the fall US ones as well...
Edit: The 2022 shows have a really nice guitar sound compared to most other boots from the 2010s. And not only on the boots, I also noticed this live at the arena...

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 6:26 pm 
Banned from the Pit

raven2001 wrote:
The 2022 shows have a really nice guitar sound compared to most other boots from the 2010s. And not only on the boots, I also noticed this live at the arena...

Mike switched to digital amps this year, I wonder if this has anything to do with it or is unrelated?
Here is an article I saw about it: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/pearl- ... rs-us-tour

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 6:50 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

We often lose track of the fact that the bootleg and show are very different experiences. Something can sound like a dip in the bootleg that isn’t a dip in the experience of the show. In many ways, a 2 hour show might seem superior on bootleg to the 3 hour concert experience, but it has a lot to do with how you are experiencing that show as well since a 2 hour listen on a computer/phone/speakers can be easier to digest than 3 hours, but conversely with the band right in front of you, you may be much less cognizant of external variables and just be focused on the energy coming from the stage.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 7:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The best 3-hour shows and bootlegs come from the '03 tour.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 7:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

totalsellout wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
The 2022 shows have a really nice guitar sound compared to most other boots from the 2010s. And not only on the boots, I also noticed this live at the arena...

Mike switched to digital amps this year, I wonder if this has anything to do with it or is unrelated?
Here is an article I saw about it: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/pearl- ... rs-us-tour

well, i was surprised on good and clear the band sounded. The sound at Werchter was amazing, but maybe it was because of the festival itself i dont know.

But the band sounded clear and powerful.

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 8:19 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
totalsellout wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

well, i was surprised on good and clear the band sounded. The sound at Werchter was amazing, but maybe it was because of the festival itself i dont know.

But the band sounded clear and powerful.

Yeah, that's great. They sounded very punchy in Budapest too. Wash opened and the sound was overwhelming...so good!

PostPosted: Mon August 01, 2022 10:29 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

totalsellout wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Stone is also using a (digital) Fender Tone Master.

I think they're only using them for clean tones, so I expect their tube amps are still being heard the majority of the time.

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 12:16 am 
Rank This Poster

August 12, 2000 Tampa, Florida. :bammer: Just finished Gods' Dice, going into Tremor Christ. Why the fuck haven't they been playing Tremor Christ in a while?

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 12:54 am 
Rank This Poster

Leatherhead wrote:
August 12, 2000 Tampa, Florida. :bammer: Just finished Gods' Dice, going into Tremor Christ. Why the fuck haven't they been playing Tremor Christ in a while?

Daughter from here has the best sing-a-long ever.

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 8:13 pm 
Future Drummer

8.2.07 on Sirius XM today.

Really weird opening with All Or None -> Education but kind of interesting.

I haven't listed to much 2007 that I can remember, I love 2006 so much and have no idea when they went downhill after, but on the higher parts of all or none, eddie still sounds great. I miss so much when he had that voice.

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 8:19 pm 
Future Drummer

Wow, All or None -> Education -> Sad -> In hiding. What a unique show O_O

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 8:24 pm 
Future Drummer

mikejasond wrote:
Wow, All or None -> Education -> Sad -> In hiding. What a unique show O_O

What the...into Parachutes??? I love parachutes. What is this setlist.

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 8:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Then into I'm open, into Wishlist, into Down.

This setlist is insanity.

People who don't know PJ well must have been confused but for big fans this must have been a dream setlist

PostPosted: Tue August 02, 2022 8:37 pm 
Future Drummer

And now Undone O_O I don't remember hearing this live much at all. It sounds great

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live