The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun August 29, 2021 9:57 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Hatfield wrote:
dad wrote:
started New Orleans, 14 August 2000 yesterday, and finished it on a walk this morning.

this show is great. solid run from Long road to Small Town. Off He Goes starts slow, which i love, but the tempo picks up about halfway through. Rearviewmirror closing the set is tight. i really love how well they're playing that song at the start of this leg.

once again, another terrific encore: Go, Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Crazy Mary, Black, Porch

they're playing the hell out of Porch on this tour too.

Memphis is up.

How did Memphis go? Can't Help Falling in Love, Footsteps with Harmonica, Thin Air and I Got Id all stand out. One of my favorite 2000 setlists. I was way back in the arena, which was a big switch for me. However, seeing the power of Baba O'Riley from the back of the arena is something I'll never forget.

Memphis was good. Tremor Christ was perfect. and yes, Footsteps and I Got Id, really, those two encores are solid.

PostPosted: Mon August 30, 2021 5:33 pm 

taking a break from the 2000 NA shows, and listening to 21 November 1996, Barcelona.

one day we'll get something official from this tour that isn't Berlin.

PostPosted: Tue August 31, 2021 3:27 pm 
Future Drummer

I'll stop hijacking VG's thread...

Have Jones Beach weekend queued up for today. For N1 Ed seems a bit more reserved, probably in preparation and the restraint is really showcasing his voice at this stage of his career.
The pace of the show is pretty high but everyone is playing comfortably, no one is rushing; zero slop after a few opening notes of Corduroy. Nothingman > Not For You > rearviewmirror is fire.

PostPosted: Tue August 31, 2021 3:32 pm 

oasisfan35 wrote:
I'll stop hijacking VG's thread...

Have Jones Beach weekend queued up for today. For N1 Ed seems a bit more reserved, probably in preparation and the restraint is really showcasing his voice at this stage of his career.
The pace of the show is pretty high but everyone is playing comfortably, no one is rushing; zero slop after a few opening notes of Corduroy. Nothingman > Not For You > rearviewmirror is fire.

those Jones Beach shows are a good run. big fan of night three.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 2:20 pm 
Future Drummer

Six songs in to 2000-08-27 and it still smokes as much as the first time I heard it.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 2:38 pm 
Future Drummer

oasisfan35 wrote:
Six songs in to 2000-08-27 and it still smokes as much as the first time I heard it.

8/27/00 is a superior PJ show.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 2:39 pm 

lowlight79 wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

8/27/00 is a superior PJ show.

concur. they just launch right into things.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 2:44 pm 

along with oasisfan35, i too, don't want to hijack VGs thread.

I listened to 21 August 2000, Columbus this morning. That one rips too.

the start to this is exactly how Saratoga starts as well:

Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter, Lukin

first encore is good, though Ed flubs Leatherman. again, a great Porch here.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 7:07 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I was at Saratoga and can’t for the life of me figure out how JB2 made the all time favorites list (it was a good show but honestly the sound at Jones Beach Amphitheater was god awful on that night) but Saratoga is not. It was such a fun and great show. That Black is amazing. The Yellow Ledbetter/ Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag by Mike at the end was huge. Really loved that show which I think is the only time I ever sat on the lawn for a show there (had seats for all the other amazing shows I saw at that venue - love the sound in that place).

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 7:12 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
I was at Saratoga and can’t for the life of me figure out how JB2 made the all time favorites list (it was a good show but honestly the sound at Jones Beach Amphitheater was god awful on that night) but Saratoga is not. It was such a fun and great show. That Black is amazing. The Yellow Ledbetter/ Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag by Mike at the end was huge. Really loved that show which I think is the only time I ever sat on the lawn for a show there (had seats for all the other amazing shows I saw at that venue - love the sound in that place).

I really don't miss live shows but I do miss SPAC.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 7:40 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:

It’s been many years since I have seen a show there but one of my favorite places to see a show. I got to see Neil Young & Crazy Horse with Beck, Primus, and a bunch of other bands there one night in 1997 (HORDE tour!), REM with Patti Smith in 1999, Pearl Jam in 2000, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 2001.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 7:45 pm 

liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:

It’s been many years since I have seen a show there but one of my favorite places to see a show. I got to see Neil Young & Crazy Horse with Beck, Primus, and a bunch of other bands there one night in 1997 (HORDE tour!), REM with Patti Smith in 1999, Pearl Jam in 2000, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 2001.

I got to see this lineup in Hartford, same year! got free tix from the Meadows after me and my friend had been kicked out of a The Who show about a week earlier for standing up in front of our seats. the venue gave us front row too. I remember enjoying the hell out of Beck and NY & Crazy Horse.

PostPosted: Wed September 01, 2021 8:19 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

dad wrote:
liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
liebzz wrote:

I got to see this lineup in Hartford, same year! got free tix from the Meadows after me and my friend had been kicked out of a The Who show about a week earlier for standing up in front of our seats. the venue gave us front row too. I remember enjoying the hell out of Beck and NY & Crazy Horse.

Yes! Primus was also really great.

PostPosted: Thu September 02, 2021 2:57 pm 
Future Drummer

2000-08-29 Mansfield Sleight of Hand

Whoops, try that again.

PostPosted: Wed September 08, 2021 2:18 pm 
Future Drummer

2000-09-02 Camden

Camden N1 was clearly rough on Ed's vox, he mentioned it during the show but still decided to punch it.

N2 has him sitting in that upper register that he's basically settled in for the last decade or so. Only a few shows left in this leg of the tour, we'll see if he can hold it together for the rest of the show.

PostPosted: Thu September 09, 2021 3:09 pm 
Future Drummer

2000-09-04 Columbia

Plagued by feedback on disc one.

PostPosted: Sat September 11, 2021 2:27 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I should dig out the Toronto 1 show from ten years ago today. One of favorite main sets with the first Chloe Dancer and the Uncle Neil coming on stage for the Free World closer. Might be in my top 10 in attendance shows. Good way to remember an otherwise somber anniversary.
Night 2 I have less pleasant memory, largely because of a too drunk ass hat in the group next to me.

PostPosted: Sat September 11, 2021 7:55 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
I was at Saratoga and can’t for the life of me figure out how JB2 made the all time favorites list (it was a good show but honestly the sound at Jones Beach Amphitheater was god awful on that night) but Saratoga is not.

Whose all time favorites list?

Saratoga has always been my favorite 2000 show since I first heard it, along with Pittsburgh and Chicago, both of which have a similar high energy and quality performance.

PostPosted: Sat September 11, 2021 8:05 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

The fan favorites list that the Ten Club was using and had streamed on Sirius CM station maybe last month?

PostPosted: Sat September 11, 2021 9:04 pm 
AnalLog

oasisfan35 wrote:
2000-09-04 Columbia

Plagued by feedback on disc one.

You are coming up on my favorite live experience at the time: Pittsburgh. My first 30 song show. We had snuck down to row five, dead center and the guy whose seats they were didn't come until Insignificance came on. That Even Flow opener :bammer: Get ready for some fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live