The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 10:03 pm 
Future Drummer

Milan, Verona, Prague and Pinkpop are all excellent :nice:

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 10:08 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

It's one of those very early, hesitant shows, but I love Barcelona and Hamburg is one of my favourite shows from the whole tour.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Thanks guys!

I actually have an ok amount of 2000 boots, including: San Sebastian, Milan, Katowice 2, Verona, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Sarasota Springs, Detroit, West Palm Beach 2, Charlotte, St. Louis, Lubbock, and Las Vegas.

I certainly wouldn't mind more, particularly the NA2 leg, and more Euro shows. I really enjoy the Euro shows I have. Some are rough, but the vibe / spirit of them all seem really cool.

Considering I don't have anything from 1993, that show appeals to me. Plus to get a really good Dave A. show seems like a must to add. I also have a big soft spot for the 1998 tour, so that is why I'm leaning towards that Inglewood show.

With either of those recordings, is it worth the $5 to get ALAC over MP3?

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:10 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks guys!

I actually have an ok amount of 2000 boots, including: San Sebastian, Milan, Katowice 2, Verona, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Sarasota Springs, Detroit, West Palm Beach 2, Charlotte, St. Louis, Lubbock, and Las Vegas.

I certainly wouldn't mind more, particularly the NA2 leg, and more Euro shows. I really enjoy the Euro shows I have. Some are rough, but the vibe / spirit of them all seem really cool.

Considering I don't have anything from 1993, that show appeals to me. Plus to get a really good Dave A. show seems like a must to add. I also have a big soft spot for the 1998 tour, so that is why I'm leaning towards that Inglewood show.

Depends how you are going to be listening to them. I think lossless is always worth it :nice:

I assume you already have Constitution Hall 1998, which is probably the best overall boot currently available.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

ridleybradout wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks guys!

Depends how you are going to be listening to them. I think lossless is always worth it :nice:

I assume you already have Constitution Hall 1998, which is probably the best overall boot currently available.

I do, and I love it. I have the MP3 and the Vinyl. As much as I love Jack behind the kit, Matt sounds fantastic from what I've heard from '98.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:19 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks guys!

For Leg 2 you need Jones Beach 2 & 3, Boston 1 & 2

For Leg 3 you need Chicago, East Troy & Boise

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks guys!

Ah, I forgot, I have Jones Beach 2...I got it b/c of all the No Code songs played. And I meant leg 3, so thanks for those suggestions! I actually heard Chicago last week via Sirius, it is a good show. Very tight. I don't have Boise though, and I've heard a lot of people praise that one.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:26 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

darth_vedder wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Thanks guys!

Ah, I forgot, I have Jones Beach 2...I got it b/c of all the No Code songs played. And I meant leg 3, so thanks for those suggestions! I actually heard Chicago last week via Sirius, it is a good show. Very tight. I don't have Boise though, and I've heard a lot of people praise that one.

Boise's a top 5 show from that whole tour.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tyweed wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Help me RM. I have two downloads available form the 10C. I'm leaning towards Inglewood, CA 1998 and Las Vegas, 1993. I'm also thinking spending $5 more dollars per download for the ALAC versions.

Is this the way to go RM? Are there other boots I should consider? I see they have all the 2000 ones... I don't have Hamburg, Germany and hear that is one of the best from the Euro 2000 tour. Should I get it? Bellingham 2000 from the vault? So many boots and I'm only getting two. Help!

Inglewood 1998 is great. Hamburg is ok, but I'd recommend Prague, Cardiff and Oslo. I'd pass on Bellingham -- nothing too exciting on that one.

:thumbsup:

I definitely want to add more Euro shows from the 2000 tour to my collection, thanks for the recommendations.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:39 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
I definitely want to add more Euro shows from the 2000 tour to my collection, thanks for the recommendations.

Landgraaf, Ljubljana & Berlin are Euro shows that I hung onto (which means they are reasonably tight).

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I am gonna have to sleep on this team. I think I'm still leaning towards Vegas '93 and Inglewood '98. If for nothing else because I don't have much from either of those years, where I have an ok selection from 2000 (although I want more).

re: Euro 2000 tour... I looked at some of the setlist based on the recommendations and Oslo looks right up my alley. Even better if it's a tight performance.

PostPosted: Thu March 23, 2017 11:45 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Oh, those are definitely the two boots you should get.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 12:49 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I'd have gone with NA1 but not a bad choice.

Give me a few weeks, I'll get to them. Haven't done an attempted listen-through like this in years.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 4:08 am 
tl;dr

Birds in Hell wrote:

Yeah. Pre-2000 shows are precious cargo, snatch 'em up for the variety if nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 1:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Kevin Davis wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

Yeah. Pre-2000 shows are precious cargo, snatch 'em up for the variety if nothing else.

:thumbsup: That's what I did, and forked out $5 more per download for the ALAC versions. Now, I have something to post about in the "iTunes is a dick" thread...

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 4:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Las Vegas, 1993

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 4:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

darth_vedder wrote:
Las Vegas, 1993

Me too.

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 4:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Las Vegas, 1993

Me too.

:heartbeat:

Right off the bat with Even Flow the (I'm gonna attempt to speak drum) rat-a-tat-tat-tss-ts-da-bit-a-bop-splash that Dave A brings is just want the song needs.

Having said that, when I first heard LO2L and Matt's power, it was like hearing the song new again. To this day I still love that version.

PostPosted: Sat March 25, 2017 1:54 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Captain Termite wrote:
Quote:
03/29/94 - Bayfront Arena: St. Petersburg, amazing show with an unbelievable version of Porch.
Yes!

A few months ago, inspired by my millionth listen of the Porch from the Atlanta 1994 live Dissident "single," I went and listened to the improv section of a lot of Porches spanning lots of years, but mostly 1994-2010.

A few stood out, but none more than the one you mention. It's amazing in several different ways and completely different than the Atlanta one from only a week later.

"I fuck 'em, just to see the look on their face / I fuck 'em, just to see the look on their face" Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Styley sheer ad-lib perfection from Eddie there.

PostPosted: Mon March 27, 2017 3:05 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
East Troy 2000

I don't know if I've ever sat down and listened to this show, which is odd: Chicago 2000 is one of my all-time favorites, and during that show Ed talks about East Troy (which took place the night before) a lot. This is a special show as well, you can tell from very early. Great song selection.

Just put it on, :heartbeat: :heartbeat: Of the Girl as an opener. The mix of these 2000 boots are is like a warm blanket of nostalgia. Love how up front guitars are. Just a bit more bass and they'd be perfect.

Man, what a fun encore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live