The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 9:55 pm 
Banned from the Pit

VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Tampa 2008. Holy shit! And i mean this in the most negative way possible. :shake: A bad performance combined with an absolutely atrocious mix, there you go...

I think that was the worst boot i ever heard. Ed is awful.

Jesus. I think this was the moment the PRAMG mentality seeped into the live show, first show of the tour iirc, woefully under rehearsed, Ed’s voice shot to fuck, has to be easily one of the worst shows they’ve ever played to that point at least. That they charged cash for the bootleg with this mix adds insult to injury, the version of Down from this show is one of the worst atrocities they committed to tape.

PostPosted: Wed April 22, 2020 9:57 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

EwanRider wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Tampa 2008. Holy shit! And i mean this in the most negative way possible. :shake: A bad performance combined with an absolutely atrocious mix, there you go...

I think that was the worst boot i ever heard. Ed is awful.

Jesus. I think this was the moment the PRAMG mentality seeped into the live show, first show of the tour iirc, woefully under rehearsed, Ed’s voice shot to fuck, has to be easily one of the worst shows they’ve ever played to that point at least. That they charged cash for the bootleg with this mix adds insult to injury, the version of Down from this show is one of the worst atrocities they committed to tape.

I think Crazy Mary was awful...it was from that show? Ed fucks it up so much.

PostPosted: Thu April 23, 2020 4:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im going to listen San Fran 2006 now.

yeah, Release :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Thu April 23, 2020 10:34 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:

That Red Mosquito was redemption. After years of seeing Boom mess it up, they made it right and gave the best performance of it I had seen. The story to start was the cherry on top. Up until that point, I had no idea Ed wrote Red Mosquito when Neil had to stand in for him at the free show in 1995.

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2020 6:39 pm 
Future Drummer

So i continued my journey through the 2003 April Spring leg racking up some serious mileage by re-listening to shows from Birmingham through Raleigh, NC.

Thoughts: I never realized that it was so damn cold in Birmingham when they played this show. Seemed like a very fun show to have attended. The real Gems in this run in my opinion are Raleigh and West Palm Beach. It seemed like once they made it to Florida in 2003, they really started to operate on all cylinders here. One thing I noticed is that they kept the encores rather short for these shows. They also included a bunch of shows where Sleater Kinney came out for the encores. Now, I'll keep my thoughts to myself, but I do remember fans absolutely losing their minds when this happened. I can see both sides, but since 2003, I'll say there are a few tracks, particularly from the woods that I do enjoy. There styles together clearly didn't mesh. The only thing I can compare to is if Ed came out at their shows and decided to sling Croon Spoon or something.

They started to roll out a few more songs here, especially Glorified G for the first time in forever and help, help. It still mystifies me that the version of that song on Riot Act clearly never has or never will show how good this song was live. It's kind ironic looking back now at Ed's comment in Tampa towards the end of the show where he said " We've been in florida for a week". It's like he was saying and we won't do this again, and that didn't happen again until 2016. I can't get over how much I enjoyed the Raleigh show, it's pretty much top notch from beginning to end. Last, it's rather interesting in 2003 how they dropped the lyrics in the middle of insignificance for most of this tour. I wish we knew why that happened, I guess Ed just forgot the lyrics and the band went with it.

Show I wish I attended: West Palm beach, the atmosphere seemed like it was a great show to be at. Probably has my favorite version of untitled and MFC ever played. The ending with Baba was quite intense and pretty fucking good. I feel like back almost 20 years ago, not that they would mail in performances nowadays, but they seemed to care more about the endings of the show in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2020 8:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Hatfield wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

That Red Mosquito was redemption. After years of seeing Boom mess it up, they made it right and gave the best performance of it I had seen. The story to start was the cherry on top. Up until that point, I had no idea Ed wrote Red Mosquito when Neil had to stand in for him at the free show in 1995.

yeah, its a cool one. Yeah, he told that story many times, its great. And my fav RM live version is the one i witnessed in ACL 09 with Ben Harper. That was glorious.

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2020 9:50 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

yeah, its a cool one. Yeah, he told that story many times, its great. And my fav RM live version is the one i witnessed in ACL 09 with Ben Harper. That was glorious.

What other shows did he tell that story?

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2020 10:02 pm 
AnalLog

lowlight79 wrote:
So i continued my journey through the 2003 April Spring leg racking up some serious mileage by re-listening to shows from Birmingham through Raleigh, NC.

Thoughts: I never realized that it was so damn cold in Birmingham when they played this show. Seemed like a very fun show to have attended. The real Gems in this run in my opinion are Raleigh and West Palm Beach. It seemed like once they made it to Florida in 2003, they really started to operate on all cylinders here. One thing I noticed is that they kept the encores rather short for these shows. They also included a bunch of shows where Sleater Kinney came out for the encores. Now, I'll keep my thoughts to myself, but I do remember fans absolutely losing their minds when this happened. I can see both sides, but since 2003, I'll say there are a few tracks, particularly from the woods that I do enjoy. There styles together clearly didn't mesh. The only thing I can compare to is if Ed came out at their shows and decided to sling Croon Spoon or something.

They started to roll out a few more songs here, especially Glorified G for the first time in forever and help, help. It still mystifies me that the version of that song on Riot Act clearly never has or never will show how good this song was live. It's kind ironic looking back now at Ed's comment in Tampa towards the end of the show where he said " We've been in florida for a week". It's like he was saying and we won't do this again, and that didn't happen again until 2016. I can't get over how much I enjoyed the Raleigh show, it's pretty much top notch from beginning to end. Last, it's rather interesting in 2003 how they dropped the lyrics in the middle of insignificance for most of this tour. I wish we knew why that happened, I guess Ed just forgot the lyrics and the band went with it.

Show I wish I attended: West Palm beach, the atmosphere seemed like it was a great show to be at. Probably has my favorite version of untitled and MFC ever played. The ending with Baba was quite intense and pretty fucking good. I feel like back almost 20 years ago, not that they would mail in performances nowadays, but they seemed to care more about the endings of the show in my opinion.

Pelham (Oak Mountain) in Alabama is a steep amphitheater. The 4th row is the same level as the stage. I took a Widespread Panic friend who had never seen Pearl Jam. We were fourth row, right in front of Mike, and his face looked like he had his head out of the car window going 90 mph. It was definitely cold and Ed had a cold, but it was a wonderfully intense show.

The tour before I was lucky enough to see the closer 9/5/00, my first 30 song show. It was definitely the pinnacle. What blew me away was Raleigh, NC on a random night in 2003 was as good or better. Pearl Jam was so good! Gimme Some Truth.

I wasn't at West Palm but love that boot. Since you brought up Glorified G's return, Stone is obviously amped and singing off key. It's funny to hear Ed get frustrated and show him the right notes to sing. Daughter from 4/11/03 is peak Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Wed April 29, 2020 10:03 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Hatfield wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

What other shows did he tell that story?

i dont remember if it was in other shows but i think he tells it on that SPIN interview they did in the 2000.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 pm 
A Return To Form

LA III 2009. That's a strong one!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:02 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

raven2001 wrote:

oh yeah, Cantrell is there?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:56 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Yes, and they do Hunger Strike with Cornell. But the show as a whole is excellent!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah i saw the band in ACL, amazing show. And i was super psyched to know about that one..i think they went to LA after Texas.

I got Perry Farrell doing Mountain Song and Ben Harper on steel guitar on Red Mosquito, so no complaints.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

raven2001 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Yes, and they do Hunger Strike with Cornell. But the show as a whole is excellent!

If I'm not wrong, that show (or backstage at that show) was the first time all the Soundgarden guys had been together in the same room since their split in the 90s, a meeting which led to their reunion the following year.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:10 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah i saw the band in ACL, amazing show. And i was super psyched to know about that one..i think they went to LA after Texas.

I got Perry Farrell doing Mountain Song and Ben Harper on steel guitar on Red Mosquito, so no complaints.

Listened to that one yesterday, pretty good show for a festival. There is a part in the middle of the show that is not too good (Small Town, Given To Fly, WWS, Unthought Known) but the rest is really nice. And they absolutely kill it on the last 4 songs (Real Me, Alive, Mountain Song, RITFW)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:12 pm 
A Return To Form

Birds in Hell wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

If I'm not wrong, that show (or backstage at that show) was the first time all the Soundgarden guys had been together in the same room since their split in the 90s, a meeting which led to their reunion the following year.

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere as well...

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

raven2001 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere as well...

I think Ben Harper played on Red Mosquito at that show as well. I remember that version being really good.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 pm 
Future Drummer

Listened to Boise 2000 last night. Helluva show. Of The Girl opens, great versions of many songs (great Betterman & Parting Ways), plus Don't Be Shy!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 pm 
The Master

Rob wrote:
Listened to Boise 2000 last night. Helluva show. Of The Girl opens, great versions of many songs (great Betterman & Parting Ways), plus Don't Be Shy!

That's such a great show.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:20 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

raven2001 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Listened to that one yesterday, pretty good show for a festival. There is a part in the middle of the show that is not too good (Small Town, Given To Fly, WWS, Unthought Known) but the rest is really nice. And they absolutely kill it on the last 4 songs (Real Me, Alive, Mountain Song, RITFW)

Oh The Real Me was so fucking awesome. But also Why Go, Got Some, Do The Evolution and Red Mosquito are must.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live