The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 6:18 am 
A Return To Form

littlecomment wrote:
tyweed wrote:
Great tour. My only criticism of '05 is Stone's over-use of the Stratocaster. Just a total twangfest on his side of the stage.

TWANG TWANG TWANG

Guitar Player July 1994
Right-Hand Man Stone Gossard Meets Steve Cropper
by Chris Gill and James Rotondi

STONE: I always wanted a guitar that took up the biggest spectrum of the EQ. I play Les Pauls because Jimmy Page played one and it sounds really meaty. I wanted to do it all. I just started playing one and got real comfortable with it stylistically, playing a lot of bassy riffs, low-E chunk, and pull-off stuff on the low strings. The Les Pauls just sounded good. Everything else was this twang-fest.

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 6:42 pm 
A Return To Form

raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Phoenix 2003: sloppy mainset (it must have been really hot that day, you can clearly hear Ed struggling throughout the first part of the show). The encore is pretty good. Not as good as the 2000 show in the same place.

Interesting how you find the main set sloppy. I think this is one of the top 3 shows of the '03 tour. Consistently good all the way through with stellar versions of Breakerfall, Cropduster and Even Flow. Ed does totally flub the lyrics in Given to Fly, though.

The version of Rearviewmirror is an absolute all-time shithammer.

The sloppy moments are during the main set: GTF, Save you (mistake by Mike during the intro), Insignificance. Gimme some truth, Corduroy, STBC are not bad but far from great. It has great moments as well, just like you said.
That being said, I still think it's a good show. They were playing at a pretty good level at this point. One of the top shows of the tour? Not really...at least in MY opinion (that's always important to add:))

I hear ya. What would RM be without opinions? ;p What are your favorite shows of the '03 tour?

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 7:26 pm 
A Return To Form

tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Phoenix 2003: sloppy mainset (it must have been really hot that day, you can clearly hear Ed struggling throughout the first part of the show). The encore is pretty good. Not as good as the 2000 show in the same place.

Interesting how you find the main set sloppy. I think this is one of the top 3 shows of the '03 tour. Consistently good all the way through with stellar versions of Breakerfall, Cropduster and Even Flow. Ed does totally flub the lyrics in Given to Fly, though.

The sloppy moments are during the main set: GTF, Save you (mistake by Mike during the intro), Insignificance. Gimme some truth, Corduroy, STBC are not bad but far from great. It has great moments as well, just like you said.
That being said, I still think it's a good show. They were playing at a pretty good level at this point. One of the top shows of the tour? Not really...at least in MY opinion (that's always important to add:))

I hear ya. What would RM be without opinions? ;p What are your favorite shows of the '03 tour?

I'm currently doing the whole tour chronologically (& rating every song for a potential future compilation i plan on doing) and right now I'm up to Council Bluffs. I don't like the Pacific leg very much although the Japan shows are very nice, especially Osaka! My favourites from the first US leg are Uniondale, Cleveland, St. Louis, Albany, Buffalo, State College. Highlights from the second leg so far are Missoula, Irvine 1, Dallas and Bonner Springs. But I guess there are a few more to come:)

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 7:58 pm 
The Master

raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

I'm currently doing the whole tour chronologically (& rating every song for a potential future compilation i plan on doing) and right now I'm up to Council Bluffs. I don't like the Pacific leg very much although the Japan shows are very nice, especially Osaka! My favourites from the first US leg are Uniondale, Cleveland, St. Louis, Albany, Buffalo, State College. Highlights from the second leg so far are Missoula, Irvine 1, Dallas and Bonner Springs. But I guess there are a few more to come:)

Council Bluffs' Faithful is really good.

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 9:23 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

I will hear that tonight:)

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 2:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

darth_vedder wrote:
They need to put the 2003 boots up on pj.com.

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 3:35 pm 
The Master

raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
tyweed wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

And...

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 5:54 pm 
A Return To Form

Back to back shows that are equally great are very rare, but that is definitely the case with Bonner Springs - Council Bluffs. Great 1,2 punch:)
Some notes on Council Bluffs: 5 star version of Save you starts, then the only rough moments of the show: a messy Hail Hail and Grievance where Ed skips a few lines but from then on pure awesomeness! The Faithfull - Cropduster - Dissident run is great as are the long, jammy songs (Daughter, Betterman, Crazy Mary. And: very good quieter moments with Thumbing my way and Nothingman. Great show!

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 6:57 pm 
The Master

raven2001 wrote:
Back to back shows that are equally great are very rare, but that is definitely the case with Bonner Springs - Council Bluffs. Great 1,2 punch:)
Some notes on Council Bluffs: 5 star version of Save you starts, then the only rough moments of the show: a messy Hail Hail and Grievance where Ed skips a few lines but from then on pure awesomeness! The Faithfull - Cropduster - Dissident run is great as are the long, jammy songs (Daughter, Betterman, Crazy Mary. And: very good quieter moments with Thumbing my way and Nothingman. Great show!

My first two shows. I'll never forget them.

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 7:52 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Lucky you! :mrgreen: The Bonner Springs setlist is unreal, one of my favourites....

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 9:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Lucky you! :mrgreen: The Bonner Springs setlist is unreal, one of my favourites....

Get Right, Ghost, and Help Help all on one setlist? :luv:

Have I mentioned that they need to put these boots back on the market? It's only $475 on Amazon :shake:

PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 11:33 pm 
The Master

darth_vedder wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Get Right, Ghost, and Help Help all on one setlist? :luv:

Have I mentioned that they need to put these boots back on the market? It's only $475 on Amazon :shake:

All good performances of those songs too. Very unique setlist.

PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 4:03 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Milan '14 has been on Sirius lately. I have heard mentioned as really good but I've been super impressed with the parts I have heard. I haven't paid for a boot in a while but I might just buy that one. Ed's fine but the band sounds like they are on fire.

PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 4:36 am 
Future Drummer

I still think Hershey 2003 is a underrated show. Short but fucking sweet.

PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 6:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
I still think Hershey 2003 is a underrated show. Short but fucking sweet.

This is a great show.

PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 6:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Lubbock 2000, even Even Flow is interesting.

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Last week I listened to most of Hartford 1998, which was my first Pearl Jam concert. It's somewhat of an odd duck - truncated on both ends. It is a short show with no covers. The band is sloppy and/or sluggish at multiple points during the show, but Eddie's vocals were really good. He had a very good singing night.

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 10:23 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

2006 Euro Tour - A Spenno production

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 10:29 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

:D

That one came out pretty well, I think.

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 12:42 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

never seen a full soundboard version of this show out there before. very good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live