The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 16, 2021 2:35 am 
tl;dr

Tokyo '03 is the best ever "Can't Keep," in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 11:27 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Chicago 10/9/2000

Some shows you listen to because the band is doing something totally different or playing around in the set somewhere or stretching out a bit. This set is not one of those. This is them in top form absolutely motivated to demolish every song - and one of my all time favorite bootlegs (no, I was not at this show). This is them just effin’ nailing every note.

This is pretty much what Saratoga and Pittsburgh are like as well.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:10 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Big fan of that Saratoga show but mostly because I was there. There is a smokin’ version of Black in there and the Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag on Yellow Ledbetter is really cool.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 2:44 pm 
Future Drummer

Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 3:31 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

liebzz wrote:
Big fan of that Saratoga show but mostly because I was there. There is a smokin’ version of Black in there and the Nobody’s Fault But Mine tag on Yellow Ledbetter is really cool.

Same. Picked up a lawn ticket after seeing the Jones Beach shows. Enjoyed Saratoga so much more. It's still one of my most listened to shows from the 2000 tour. There's a note at the beginning of Breakerfall that sounds awful, and it feels like an ominous start, but the show kills from there.

PostPosted: Fri February 19, 2021 8:17 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah I caught Jones Beach 2 (the show with the It’s Okay tag) and Saratoga that year. Regret missing JB3, but you can’t have it all. I was quite unhappy with the Jones Beach show because I could barely hear despite it being 19th row from stage (wind) and have never been back to that venue since. The sound at SPAC has always been really great (many shows there from Tom Petty and Neil Young to R.E.M.).

PostPosted: Sat February 20, 2021 4:08 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Yeah I caught Jones Beach 2 (the show with the It’s Okay tag) and Saratoga that year. Regret missing JB3, but you can’t have it all. I was quite unhappy with the Jones Beach show because I could barely hear despite it being 19th row from stage (wind) and have never been back to that venue since. The sound at SPAC has always been really great (many shows there from Tom Petty and Neil Young to R.E.M.).

Everything about SPAC and Saratoga Springs in general is great.

PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 12:27 pm 
Future Drummer

oasisfan35 wrote:
Saratoga is a fantastic show, Pittsburgh feels a bit subdued even with Ed noting the ability to go all-out as it is the end of that leg of the tour.

Pitt is subdued compared to Saratoga for sure, but it's spot-on performance wise. And I'd say Chicago is somewhere in between. But still the 3 best shows from the US legs, I think.

PostPosted: Sun February 21, 2021 5:23 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

Pitt is subdued compared to Saratoga for sure, but it's spot-on performance wise. And I'd say Chicago is somewhere in between. But still the 3 best shows from the US legs, I think.

It’s been a long time since I revisited this tour proper but I have a recollection of really enjoying the Florida shows on the bootlegs on this tour, that the Boise show was way better than expected, that Seattle 1 had a dead crowd, and Seattle 2 considered the gold standard of shows for a while in large part because it was such an emotional show. I did like Saratoga, JB3, and Chicago best on the tour (Chicago being the clear winner for me).

PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 12:56 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

It’s been a long time since I revisited this tour proper but I have a recollection of really enjoying the Florida shows on the bootlegs on this tour, that the Boise show was way better than expected, that Seattle 1 had a dead crowd, and Seattle 2 considered the gold standard of shows for a while in large part because it was such an emotional show. I did like Saratoga, JB3, and Chicago best on the tour (Chicago being the clear winner for me).

The band definitely sounds great in Pitt and the mix really pushes that forward. I'm not going back to listen now but I feel like the lyrics for Wash were a bit butchered but even its inclusion kind of marks an end of the tour leg looseness.

Listening to Chicago and Ed's energy with the month+ off really comes through.

PostPosted: Fri February 26, 2021 10:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I am only halfway through, so this could fall apart, but don't sleep on Detroit II 2003.

PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 10:54 am 
Banned from the Pit

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I heard a track on SXM yesterday that seems new to me. It was a crystal clear, stereo SBD recording of Corduroy from Bridge School Benefit, 1996-10-20. Is the whole show "out there" in this quality? I have an old Schoeps CMC-441 sourced capture, but I would love an upgrade. Thanks in advance for any insights or info.

PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 1:10 pm 
tl;dr

upperdecker wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I heard a track on SXM yesterday that seems new to me. It was a crystal clear, stereo SBD recording of Corduroy from Bridge School Benefit, 1996-10-20. Is the whole show "out there" in this quality? I have an old Schoeps CMC-441 sourced capture, but I would love an upgrade. Thanks in advance for any insights or info.

I don't believe the whole show exists in that quality, but "Corduroy" and "Nothingman" were both officially released on multi-artist Bridge School compilations, along with a handful of other tracks from those concerts over the years.

Ridley and JWB's comprehensive set, if you've never indulged yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5783

PostPosted: Sat February 27, 2021 3:43 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Kevin Davis wrote:
upperdecker wrote:

I don't believe the whole show exists in that quality, but "Corduroy" and "Nothingman" were both officially released on multi-artist Bridge School compilations, along with a handful of other tracks from those concerts over the years.

Ridley and JWB's comprehensive set, if you've never indulged yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5783

To quote a certain EV, I am a donut. I have that amazing compilation and forgot that version of Corduroy is on there. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sun March 14, 2021 4:34 pm 
A Return To Form

2/6/95 - Seattle
Act of Love w/Neil, I wanna run through the 95 tour.

PostPosted: Tue March 16, 2021 8:47 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

It sort of bums me out when I listen to a bootleg that I've had on a hard drive for years that just sounds awful--I listened to Montreal '03 and every single song has like 2-3 clicks and pops (it must've been ripped from a CD that was scratched to shit). But an out of left field recommendation is that this one has a great Fuckin' Up--for a song that can at times feel rushed and jumbled, this one has a really, really tight solo and jam-out at the end.

PostPosted: Wed March 17, 2021 11:08 pm 
AnalLog

Listened to a bit of the first Gorge 06 show for the first time on the way to work today...so far so good but what the fuck is up with that audience clap along during the first verse of Small Town? Did that become a thing for a short while or something and I just have never been aware of it?

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 3:14 am 
Future Drummer

MattA75 wrote:
Listened to a bit of the first Gorge 06 show for the first time on the way to work today...so far so good but what the fuck is up with that audience clap along during the first verse of Small Town? Did that become a thing for a short while or something and I just have never been aware of it?

Jesus, that is awful; I listen to Santa Barbara when I go with something from the second US leg of '06 usually.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 1:48 pm 
AnalLog

oasisfan35 wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

Jesus, that is awful; I listen to Santa Barbara when I go with something from the second US leg of '06 usually.

yeah, I found a used copy of the Gorge box set for $15 at a local record store so I grabbed it since I had never bothered with the 2006 Gorge shows before

PostPosted: Wed March 24, 2021 5:03 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Saskatoon 2005 - finally picked up the remixed downloads from the entire Canadian Tour and have been loving them! Will definitely be grabbing the 12 South American shows next. Now that I've finally heard these shows in their full glory, this Tour is in contention for GOAT Status for me.

:wave:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live