The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 7:30 pm 
The Master

I prefer the non-gendered "parental unit" moniker.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 7:18 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
'daddy' is iconic

To be honest, neither lyric is good

But father stands out worse because it makes the listener go 'wtf' whereas if he says daddy we just accept it because we've heard it 5 million times

What a weird thing to be about.

I watched the Lets Play Two documentary with casual PJ fans and it was like one of the things they noticed instantly. Like WTF why did he say 'father' instead of 'daddy'

That part of Jeremy is ICONIC

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 9:27 pm 
Future Drummer

Currently having my mind blown by this video

every song is by far the best matt cameron ever played it.

"Go" at 15:34 is one of the best Ive ever heard them do with any drummer an all time top performance, and wtf is going on

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 9:28 pm 
Future Drummer

OMG his dissident is amazing.

I am so angry every song is blowing my mind WTF!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 9:56 pm 
A Return To Form

Uniondale 2003. Blood is out of this world!

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 10:00 pm 
The Master

raven2001 wrote:

That whole show is the bee's knees.

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2018 10:09 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

That whole show is the bee's knees.

Absolutely! For some reason the guitar tone on this version of Blood is slightly different from all other 2003 versions. And as a result: stunning!

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 1:27 pm 
A Return To Form

Missoula 2003. The opening night of the 2nd US leg of the tour. And WAY better than expected! A few highlights: Not for you, Whipping, Glorified G, All or none, Blood...

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 5:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I should revisit the 2003 tour. I feel I neglected it for the most part. The "Guest Are So Refined" comp is really good. They were playing really well during the Japan leg of the tour.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 6:12 pm 
A Return To Form

darth_vedder wrote:
I should revisit the 2003 tour. I feel I neglected it for the most part. The "Guest Are So Refined" comp is really good. They were playing really well during the Japan leg of the tour.

The Australian shows are underwhelming but once they hit Japan, they start to get tighter. IMO Osaka is the highlight of these shows. They play really good and it makes for a great listening as you can clearely hear them making up the setlist in between songs. Must have been a cool atmosphere seeing them in such a small theater.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 6:38 pm 
Poster of the Year

That April-May stretch is fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 10:44 pm 
A Return To Form

cutuphalfdead wrote:

It really is! A rarely mentioned gem from that leg is Cleveland! Performance-wise this is one of the best (only Sonic Reducer is a rough version, the rest topnotch) and they really had fun that night. It may have helped that this was one of the larger crowds on the first leg.

PostPosted: Mon January 29, 2018 11:00 pm 
Major Dude

5/2/16 - That Driven to Tears with Sting is fucking sweet

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 2:40 am 
The Master

wease wrote:
5/2/16 - That Driven to Tears with Sting is fucking sweet

Yes it was.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 3:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

raven2001 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

The Australian shows are underwhelming but once they hit Japan, they start to get tighter. IMO Osaka is the highlight of these shows. They play really good and it makes for a great listening as you can clearely hear them making up the setlist in between songs. Must have been a cool atmosphere seeing them in such a small theater.

I only have Sydney 1 and 3 from that leg, and no full shows from Japan. The two from Sydney are fine, with a few great versions of a few songs, but yeah, overall they seem a little lackluster. There is a pretty sweet "You Are" from 2/11/03 though.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 3:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

raven2001 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

It really is! A rarely mentioned gem from that leg is Cleveland! Performance-wise this is one of the best (only Sonic Reducer is a rough version, the rest topnotch) and they really had fun that night. It may have helped that this was one of the larger crowds on the first leg.

I only have Raleigh, NC, and St. Louis, MO from that stretch. In addition to Cleveland, what are some other's you'd recommend? Of the two I have, I like St. Louis better than Raleigh. The St. Louis '03 show is one of my favorite bootlegs.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 11:22 pm 
A Return To Form

darth_vedder wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I only have Raleigh, NC, and St. Louis, MO from that stretch. In addition to Cleveland, what are some other's you'd recommend? Of the two I have, I like St. Louis better than Raleigh. The St. Louis '03 show is one of my favorite bootlegs.

You're right, St. Louis is one of the best shows from that leg. I just finished listening to this leg in chronological order and I rated every song. This is the list of top shows I came up with (and mind you: my rating is strictly performancewise, I didn't rate the setlist or how loud the crowd was):
Uniondale
Cleveland
St. Louis
Albany
Buffalo
West Palm Beach
Champaign
State College
Lexington
Philadelphia
Nashville
Charlotte

The rest was very similar, some of them decent (Oklahoma, Woodlands, Pittsburgh), others...well, nothing to write home about.
To clarify one more time: I only rated the quality of performance. Which is why State College is not on top, although I do think that it is one of the best shows they ever did. But ist had Mankind and Satan's Bed and those versions definitely lowered the rating...
I already started the second leg, Missoula was an excellent show, Vancouver very good. Looking forward to those next shows, especially since I've never heard them before.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 1:04 am 
The Master

raven2001 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

You're right, St. Louis is one of the best shows from that leg. I just finished listening to this leg in chronological order and I rated every song. This is the list of top shows I came up with (and mind you: my rating is strictly performancewise, I didn't rate the setlist or how loud the crowd was):
Uniondale
Cleveland
St. Louis
Albany
Buffalo
West Palm Beach
Champaign
State College
Lexington
Philadelphia
Nashville
Charlotte

The rest was very similar, some of them decent (Oklahoma, Woodlands, Pittsburgh), others...well, nothing to write home about.
To clarify one more time: I only rated the quality of performance. Which is why State College is not on top, although I do think that it is one of the best shows they ever did. But ist had Mankind and Satan's Bed and those versions definitely lowered the rating...
I already started the second leg, Missoula was an excellent show, Vancouver very good. Looking forward to those next shows, especially since I've never heard them before.

That's quite the project. Interested to hear your take on the KC and Council Bluffs shows.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 11:00 am 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Uniondale
Cleveland
St. Louis
Albany
Buffalo
West Palm Beach
Champaign
State College
Lexington
Philadelphia
Nashville
Charlotte

That's quite the project. Interested to hear your take on the KC and Council Bluffs shows.

It is:) I've already done this for the Binaural World Tour:)
Bonner Springs 2003 is the only show I've already listened to and rated from the middle of the second leg, it's right up there with St. Louis... Great show!

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 4:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

With some talk about 2003 around here, I went back and started listening to Sydney 1. I'm pleasantly surprised. I remember thinking this show sounded flat and tired, but there is some life here, and a really good version of "You Are".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live