The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu January 28, 2021 2:17 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Kevin Davis wrote:
I forget, what was the reason for not including "Arc" on the bootlegs? Like it was a private thing dedicated to the Roskilde victims that they wanted to remain special for those who were there for it?

I can't recall whether they ever officially made a statement about it--to the best of my memory, everyone just assumed that was the case.

PostPosted: Fri January 29, 2021 8:46 am 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:

Well, usually the banter isn't repeated between discs, so that seems like an editing mistake.

It's overlap because the discs fade out and then back in again after the change. Every show is like that.

PostPosted: Fri January 29, 2021 7:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Simple Torture wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
I forget, what was the reason for not including "Arc" on the bootlegs? Like it was a private thing dedicated to the Roskilde victims that they wanted to remain special for those who were there for it?

I can't recall whether they ever officially made a statement about it--to the best of my memory, everyone just assumed that was the case.

It was a private thing only to be heard on the live show.

PostPosted: Tue February 09, 2021 7:57 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

There's this really weird moment on the Noblesville '03 boot where Ed uses a gay slur. I understand in context that he's not calling anyone a gay slur, but it's still strange and out of character for him.

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 12:49 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I was at that show and have zero recollection of that. I will have to listen again.

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 1:31 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Simple Torture wrote:
There's this really weird moment on the Noblesville '03 boot where Ed uses a gay slur. I understand in context that he's not calling anyone a gay slur, but it's still strange and out of character for him.

during why can’t i touch it tag.

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 2:47 pm 
The Master

Ed was very grumpy during the 03 tour and said a lot of things that were somewhat out of character for him.

PostPosted: Wed February 10, 2021 3:03 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Strat wrote:
Ed was very grumpy during the 03 tour and said a lot of things that were somewhat out of character for him.

Yeah, definitely. There was that weird thing he had for Celine Dion at one of the Mansfield shows, too.

PostPosted: Thu February 11, 2021 3:29 pm 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yeah, definitely. There was that weird thing he had for Celine Dion at one of the Mansfield shows, too.

Sheryl Crow too during one of the shows, can’t remember which. Was it the same as the Bob Big Boy reference? Can’t remember but so good. All of this is why 03 was spectacular.

PostPosted: Thu February 11, 2021 9:07 pm 
A Return To Form

Mexico City 2015. And that's it. Now I've listened to every official bootleg available. I have not counted how many years that took :haha:

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 4:55 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Chicago 10/9/2000

Some shows you listen to because the band is doing something totally different or playing around in the set somewhere or stretching out a bit. This set is not one of those. This is them in top form absolutely motivated to demolish every song - and one of my all time favorite bootlegs (no, I was not at this show). This is them just effin’ nailing every note.

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 6:45 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
Chicago 10/9/2000

Some shows you listen to because the band is doing something totally different or playing around in the set somewhere or stretching out a bit. This set is not one of those. This is them in top form absolutely motivated to demolish every song - and one of my all time favorite bootlegs (no, I was not at this show). This is them just effin’ nailing every note.

This is probably my favorite show ive ever been at. THinki had 6th row too. There was a special feeling in the air and i think had to do with coming off the ice bowl show the night before.

I think ive been chasing this emotional high at a pj show ever since. What a night.

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 6:46 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

That's been one of my favorite bootlegs for a long, long time.

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 7:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Tampa 2000. I'm kind of cringing at the singalong ABITW Daughter tag. Not much self awareness happening when a full stadium of Jamily drones sing "we don't need no thought control" in unison.

Great version of Daughter though. Man, the sound on that 2k tour is worth all the accolades it gets on here.

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 7:21 pm 
The Master

Where are you guys listening to these bootlegs anymore? Or do you just have them all digitally at this point?

I seemed to have lost my cd case with all my PJ official boots :(

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 7:26 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Yeah, I just have all of them on a hard drive and move 20 or so to my Fiio at a time.

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 7:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Where are you guys listening to these bootlegs anymore? Or do you just have them all digitally at this point?

On most days, I take a 2011 Nissan Versa to work. It's got a jacked up aux outlet, there's shit for FM radio in this city, but the CD player works just fine. Every morning I grab a random CD out of my mismatched and unorganized box of jewel cases and go to town. The real impetus for threads like this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16460

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16297&hilit=nick+cave

PostPosted: Sat February 13, 2021 8:53 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I have the CDs of the full 2000 tour but today I am listening on nugs. There are endless amounts of shows there.

PostPosted: Mon February 15, 2021 4:00 am 
Rank This Poster

liebzz wrote:
Chicago 10/9/2000

I wasn't at this show either, and I'm by no means an expert in the sense of hearing a vast amount of full concerts from them, but this is my favorite show of any I've listened to.

I actually haven't really listened to much PJ in the past year besides Gigaton, but I decided to throw on Tokyo '03. I had been under the impression this was a bit of a lackluster tour, but a lot of this show is fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon February 15, 2021 5:06 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

digster wrote:
liebzz wrote:
Chicago 10/9/2000

I wasn't at this show either, and I'm by no means an expert in the sense of hearing a vast amount of full concerts from them, but this is my favorite show of any I've listened to.

I actually haven't really listened to much PJ in the past year besides Gigaton, but I decided to throw on Tokyo '03. I had been under the impression this was a bit of a lackluster tour, but a lot of this show is fantastic.

The band was really tight on that tour but I know a lot of people are down on it in part because there’s no crowd noise. You could practically hear a pin drop but there’s a bunch of great sets in that short tour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live