The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 2:35 pm 
Future Drummer

lowlight79 wrote:
Interesting take WCT. I actually put something together as an experiment a few years back, I can see what your saying, it feels like the 2005 tour, they probably rehearsed for a few days and went out. Unlike the first leg of the us tour in 2003 and most of 2000 where they clearly put time in before the tours started.

Yeah, there is a general feeling of "Let's just go out there and have some fun". Maybe not having an album to promote, unless you count Lost Dogs, had something to with that.

That being said, the tour doesn't lend itself well to compiling unless you are throwing other tours in there a'la LOXL.

PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 3:32 pm 
AnalLog

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Interesting take WCT. I actually put something together as an experiment a few years back, I can see what your saying, it feels like the 2005 tour, they probably rehearsed for a few days and went out. Unlike the first leg of the us tour in 2003 and most of 2000 where they clearly put time in before the tours started.

Yeah, there is a general feeling of "Let's just go out there and have some fun". Maybe not having an album to promote, unless you count Lost Dogs, had something to with that.

That being said, the tour doesn't lend itself well to compiling unless you are throwing other tours in there a'la LOXL.

I hear what you are saying, but in real time it sounded so much tighter than the 2004 tour that it felt like a big step up.

PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 7:22 pm 
Future Drummer

Hatfield wrote:
I hear what you are saying, but in real time it sounded so much tighter than the 2004 tour that it felt like a big step up.

Yes, it did. And I erroneously remembered the bootlegs sounding pretty good, but they really don't.

PostPosted: Fri March 20, 2020 5:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Still cycling through Alone & Far Away Europe 2000. I've listened to it once through and now it's just part of my recently added playlist that I've been shuffling through.

PostPosted: Fri March 20, 2020 6:05 pm 
Future Drummer

2011-09-11 Toronto, I do believe this one slipped through the cracks.

PostPosted: Sat March 21, 2020 9:07 pm 
A Return To Form

Chicago I 2018. 9 songs in and so far this is bad. Breakerfall and Animal are terrible and the rest also feels rushed and sloppy...

PostPosted: Sun March 22, 2020 1:17 am 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
Still cycling through Alone & Far Away Europe 2000. I've listened to it once through and now it's just part of my recently added playlist that I've been shuffling through.

For that comp, I ripped all of the original silvers myself and tagged them all identical. Then I listened to the tour by song rather than by show. For many songs, it was easy to select the best version, but for others it was a process of whittling it down and revisiting. Some songs weren't tight enough for a compilation and were disqualified, but in the end I had two full discs of what is probably the finest live Pearl Jam that you will find on an official boot. Then I remastered the audio to sound closer to "Live On Two Legs" and also made some tweaks to the bass levels and guitar balance. Thankfully it came out pretty good I think.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 3:32 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:

For that comp, I ripped all of the original silvers myself and tagged them all identical. Then I listened to the tour by song rather than by show. For many songs, it was easy to select the best version, but for others it was a process of whittling it down and revisiting. Some songs weren't tight enough for a compilation and were disqualified, but in the end I had two full discs of what is probably the finest live Pearl Jam that you will find on an official boot. Then I remastered the audio to sound closer to "Live On Two Legs" and also made some tweaks to the bass levels and guitar balance. Thankfully it came out pretty good I think.

I'm gonna throw this in before the album release friday. I just finished revisiting the Japan shows and Ridley's Japan Comp, these shows aren't perfect, but they have this rehearsal feel to them since the crowds were very small.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

darth_vedder wrote:

You knocked it out of the park, excellent job! What were some of the hardest decisions for you? Like what, if any, songs almost made the cut but were ultimately not used in favor of the ones you ended up using? I'd imagine there were quite a few good performances of many of the songs, so wondering what ones were the closest calls?

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:40 pm 
Future Drummer

darth_vedder wrote:
You knocked it out of the park, excellent job! What were some of the hardest decisions for you? Like what, if any, songs almost made the cut but were ultimately not used in favor of the ones you ended up using? I'd imagine there were quite a few good performances of many of the songs, so wondering what ones were the closest calls?

I can't really remember - it was super daunting and a few months ago already - but there were certainly songs that I wanted to include that I just didn't think were tight enough yet - that would come in the US legs - and other songs that they only played a handful of times but didn't quite nail on that leg. If there was a performance of a song that I felt "live album" worthy, it got pulled to the side. When I was done I seriously had just about 2 full discs, so it felt right.

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 11:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Bonnaroo 2016

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 11:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Save You is played second? its just so fucking fast, ed cant follow up..

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 11:26 am 
A Return To Form

Gigaton inspired me to finally pony up for the vault solider field 1995 mp3s.

So much better than the old boot I used to have. What a great show. The vitalogy stuff sounds great. Cool to here the different approaches to songs. I forgot that stone used to solo first on corduroy.

PostPosted: Thu April 02, 2020 8:27 pm 
A Return To Form

Finished the first leg of the 2005 tour a few weeks ago and am now doing the south american part. Right now Buenos Aires I...Of all those SA shows this has to be one of the better ones...

PostPosted: Sat April 04, 2020 3:14 am 
Broken Tamborine

Atlanta '94. A few highlights anyways. Everyone listened to it on the radio and then talked about it at school the next day. And there was like one kid who had managed to tape the whole thing, and everyone borrowed his tape of the last few songs.

PostPosted: Sat April 04, 2020 4:00 am 
jeeeesus relax already

About to dive into some 1998 show.

PostPosted: Sat April 04, 2020 2:44 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

delanoche wrote:
Atlanta '94. A few highlights anyways. Everyone listened to it on the radio and then talked about it at school the next day. And there was like one kid who had managed to tape the whole thing, and everyone borrowed his tape of the last few songs.

Z100 in New York did not air the encore so to me for a long time Alive —> Blood was the end of the show. When the Dissident single came in 3 parts and featured most of the show, I thought that was it. Then I finally got a hold of the full show at some point. Certainly still an essential listening experience.

PostPosted: Sun April 05, 2020 12:02 am 
jeeeesus relax already

VinylGuy wrote:
About to dive into some 1998 show.

The Forum 1998.

Sometimes is just beautiful, with Mike doing little beautiful things and Jeff being super present in the mix.

PostPosted: Sun April 05, 2020 12:56 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Yeah, this Present Tense is quite good.

PostPosted: Sun April 05, 2020 1:10 am 
jeeeesus relax already

RMV was fuuuuucking good too. Love Stone´s guitar and yeah that jam at the end :bammer: :bammer: :bammer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live