The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 1:04 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Hatfield wrote:
You are coming up on my favorite live experience at the time: Pittsburgh. My first 30 song show. We had snuck down to row five, dead center and the guy whose seats they were didn't come until Insignificance came on. That Even Flow opener :bammer: Get ready for some fun.

Probably my favorite Daughter.

PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 1:14 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
The fan favorites list that the Ten Club was using and had streamed on Sirius CM station maybe last month?

Bah. It's typical that "fan favorites" are favorites for no other reason than a show having been heavily anticapted/hyped up or memorable venue-wise. I remember lots of excitement at the time about the 3-night stand in Jones Beach and no chatter about Saratoga or Pittsburgh, but when the bootlegs came out it proved what the better shows were.

PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 4:09 am 
A Return To Form

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
liebzz wrote:
The fan favorites list that the Ten Club was using and had streamed on Sirius CM station maybe last month?

Bah. It's typical that "fan favorites" are favorites for no other reason than a show having been heavily anticapted/hyped up or memorable venue-wise. I remember lots of excitement at the time about the 3-night stand in Jones Beach and no chatter about Saratoga or Pittsburgh, but when the bootlegs came out it proved what the better shows were.

THANK YOU. I could go on a ten-graf wine-fueled rant about exactly this, but you pretty much nailed it. Truncated version: So much "but they played for three and half hours" (but shit the bed on a lot of those songs) or "they did a big show at a legendary baseball stadium that's available on cable on-demand" that somehow equates to greatness. Fuck that.

Check out any of the shows WCT noted or DC '98 or Portland or Toronto '00 or Bonner Springs or Mexico City I '03 or Edmonton '05 before flogging the State College/Mansfield/Joe Buck steez for the 1000th time. That Sirius XM "fan favorites" list pretty much sucks ass.

PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 3:23 pm 
The Master

tyweed wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
liebzz wrote:

THANK YOU. I could go on a ten-graf wine-fueled rant about exactly this, but you pretty much nailed it. Truncated version: So much "but they played for three and half hours" (but shit the bed on a lot of those songs) or "they did a big show at a legendary baseball stadium that's available on cable on-demand" that somehow equates to greatness. Fuck that.

Check out any of the shows WCT noted or DC '98 or Portland or Toronto '00 or Bonner Springs or Mexico City I '03 or Edmonton '05 before flogging the State College/Mansfield/Joe Buck steez for the 1000th time. That Sirius XM "fan favorites" list pretty much sucks ass.

Its awful. A majority of the shows are post 2006 which is laughable. AND I STILL LOVE PEARL JAM LIVE!

Pearl Jam fans are the worst.

PostPosted: Sun September 12, 2021 10:35 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I mean, I got you there. My favorite shows, most are pre-2006 because that is when I listened to them most. I mean Mansfield belongs on the list, and I was at JB2 and Saratoga in 2000 and agree on that. Having listened to the bootlegs, I remember JB1 meh, JB2 good, JB3 great, but that’s just from memory - I liked Saratoga more than all three though JB3 was close.

Also, MSG 2 from ‘98 is everything everyone cracked it up to be.

PostPosted: Mon September 13, 2021 1:01 pm 
Future Drummer

Hatfield wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
2000-09-04 Columbia

Plagued by feedback on disc one.

You are coming up on my favorite live experience at the time: Pittsburgh. My first 30 song show. We had snuck down to row five, dead center and the guy whose seats they were didn't come until Insignificance came on. That Even Flow opener :bammer: Get ready for some fun.

2000-09-05 Pittsburgh

The BRY release includes the pre-set which is perfect since the show proper gets right to it. Clearly a high energy show being the last of the leg but it's great to hear Ed mention there's no need to save his voice yet keep it all in check.

Nothing As It Seems serves as a bit of a breather yet again, well placed as the seventh track in to the main set. Performances are spot-on and the boot sounds fantastic.

Last Exit followed by rearviewmirror is always a treat but I am really looking forward to Wash.

PostPosted: Wed September 29, 2021 2:06 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

28 Feb 1998, Auckland, NZ

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 10:46 am 
AnalLog

Listened to SF 2 2006 yesterday...holy fucking hell they were cooking that year

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 10:54 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Canada '05 gets a lot of hype, most of it deserved, but I feel like the shows don't really, really heat up until Winnipeg.

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 6:00 pm 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
Canada '05 gets a lot of hype, most of it deserved, but I feel like the shows don't really, really heat up until Winnipeg.

I'm not going to disagree with you there, but once they hit Kitchner, it maintained a peak all the way to Atlantic City.

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 6:52 pm 
A Return To Form

Hatfield wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I'm not going to disagree with you there, but once they hit Kitchner, it maintained a peak all the way to Atlantic City.

For me, the western portion -- specifically, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver -- feature the best shows of that tour. I'd put London ONT right up there, too.

PostPosted: Sat October 02, 2021 10:46 am 
Broken Tamborine

Halifax was always a favourite.

PostPosted: Sat October 02, 2021 3:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

London, Toronto and Kitchener are all some of my favorite boots from all time.

PostPosted: Sun October 03, 2021 12:23 pm 
Banned from the Pit

The 05 Canada run was great, I was at both Kitchener and London, it’s just such a shame that the bootlegs sound so bad. Way too much Boom in the mix, the guitars have no punch, and the drums sound bad too.

PostPosted: Wed October 06, 2021 10:08 pm 
Future Drummer

to this day whenever i hear not for you, my response to 'where [the fuck] did they come from?' is usually 'SASKATOOON!' from that winnipeg show.

it's probably been discussed ad infinitum somewhere, but for me 05 might be the last great pearl jam tour. in hindsight, anyway. those shows feel like the end of an era. they've been a different band since 06.

PostPosted: Fri October 08, 2021 12:40 pm 
Future Drummer

Hitting up some 2009 shows, man I forgot how good they sounded, especially the 10/6/09 show. They were on fire on this night.

PostPosted: Fri October 08, 2021 3:39 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I recommend ACL 09. Not the tv show but the festival show. It’s one of the best pj shows ever

PostPosted: Sat October 09, 2021 1:04 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Just downloaded the SeaHearNow show from Nugs, gonna listen to it on my drive North today.

PostPosted: Tue October 12, 2021 1:30 am 
tl;dr

10/11/2000, St. Louis. My first PJ show turns legal drinking age today. They grow up so fast -- where does the time go?

PostPosted: Tue October 12, 2021 2:41 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

jgardz wrote:
Just downloaded the SeaHearNow show from Nugs, gonna listen to it on my drive North today.

Sounded great. Loved reliving this show this weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live