The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon September 18, 2017 8:58 pm 
The Master

mikejasond wrote:
Its just so bizarre on the bootleg because this child is just yelling "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" over and over again and just yelling like somebody is murdering him throughout the ENTIRE song nonstop

He's like 5 years old.

PostPosted: Tue September 19, 2017 8:09 pm 
Major Dude

Strat wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Its just so bizarre on the bootleg because this child is just yelling "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" over and over again and just yelling like somebody is murdering him throughout the ENTIRE song nonstop

He's like 5 years old.

That kid died.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 10:57 am 
tl;dr

PostPosted: Sat October 07, 2017 1:40 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

:luv:

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:06 pm 
Poster of the Year

So what have y'all been listening to?

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:08 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

cutuphalfdead wrote:

Melbourne '95

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:09 pm 
Poster of the Year

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Melbourne '95

What do you think of Jack?

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:11 pm 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Melbourne '95

meh, I guess it was his best tour, but I don't get a boner for Jack like most of you do

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:12 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Melbourne '95

Are you enjoying it?

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:16 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Melbourne '95

meh, I guess it was his best tour, but I don't get a boner for Jack like most of you do

Yeah he's pretty meh to me but I like him on his own material, just not on Daves

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Ive been told this is like the only thread on the entire forum where you can talk about live shows apparently

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Well whatever Im listening to 10.11.13

Pendulum -> Of the Girl -> Nothingman -> Elderly Woman

Maybe one opener too many for me.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:34 pm 

You need to calm down, dude. People are giving you suggestions/options to creating a thread for ever. single. bootleg. Instead of acting a fool, maybe just pick one of the suggestions in front of you? *shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:35 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
You need to calm down, dude. People are giving you suggestions/options to creating a thread for ever. single. bootleg. Instead of acting a fool, maybe just pick one of the suggestions in front of you? *shrugs*

Which suggestions are you talking about? Every time I post people tell me just to post it here

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 2:13 am 
tl;dr

mikejasond wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Which suggestions are you talking about? Every time I post people tell me just to post it here

You've got it wrong again. Please post all bootleg discussion in the General Discussion "RM
Photo Album" thread; this thread is really more for just naming which bootleg we're listening to, with maybe a quick one- or two-sentence summary. Thanks for doing your part to reduce board clutter.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:06 pm 
A Return To Form

Just listened to East Troy 2003. Really solid performances (an outstanding "Save You") and song choices through the first set.

Like a lot of shows from that tour, though, the good showing from the first half of the show is sullied by a dismal encore featuring, *yet again*, "Hide Your Love Away," "Crazy Mary," "Know Your Rights," and "Fortunate Son." Encores like this are the tragic flaw of the '03 tour.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:15 pm 
tyweed wrote:
Just listened to East Troy 2003. Really solid performances (an outstanding "Save You") and song choices through the first set.

Like a lot of shows from that tour, though, the good showing from the first half of the show is sullied by a dismal encore featuring, *yet again*, "Hide Your Love Away," "Crazy Mary," "Know Your Rights," and "Fortunate Son." Encores like this are the tragic flaw of the '03 tour.

Hey, I was at this show. Went with my buddy who is a big fan but not at the "obsessively researching setlists" level. When they started into "Fortunate Son" he started laughing because he thought it was a joke.

I think this is the one where a husky blond dude rushed the stage and got on mic toward the end, and Ed introduced him as "Kerry Wood, everybody!" Which lead to some confusion because he did kinda look like the Cubs pitcher.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:54 am 
A Return To Form

guestT wrote:
tyweed wrote:

Hey, I was at this show. Went with my buddy who is a big fan but not at the "obsessively researching setlists" level. When they started into "Fortunate Son" he started laughing because he thought it was a joke.

I think this is the one where a husky blond dude rushed the stage and got on mic toward the end, and Ed introduced him as "Kerry Wood, everybody!" Which lead to some confusion because he did kinda look like the Cubs pitcher.

That's funny. PJ's version of "Fortunate Son" is awful as is their wiff at "Know Your Rights," and I love CCR and The Clash. I won't go off in detail on these ill-advised covers because I'm too fucking tired right now, but those two tracks just undermine otherwise good shows on the '03 tour.

I thought it might be the actual Kerry Wood when I heard that on the boot. I figured the proximity to Chicago and Ed's love of the Cubs might actually make that happen. When the dude goes off about how great Eddie is without acknowledging the rest of the band, I thought, "Kerry Wood is kind of a dick."

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 3:49 am 
The Master

tyweed wrote:
guestT wrote:
tyweed wrote:

That's funny. PJ's version of "Fortunate Son" is awful as is their wiff at "Know Your Rights," and I love CCR and The Clash. I won't go off in detail on these ill-advised covers because I'm too fucking tired right now, but those two tracks just undermine otherwise good shows on the '03 tour.

I thought it might be the actual Kerry Wood when I heard that on the boot. I figured the proximity to Chicago and Ed's love of the Cubs might actually make that happen. When the dude goes off about how great Eddie is without acknowledging the rest of the band, I thought, "Kerry Wood is kind of a dick."

Its not kerry wood but thats funny. That dude was sitting next to my friend.

I actually love their version of Know Your Rights. Ed has that growl that really drives the fucking song home. I wonder if you are a super clash fan and have a hard time hearing someone else play them? Dont blame ya. I get it.

This show was fantastic. A top 5 show for me in my career.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:31 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

East Troy '03 is a classic, and features one of the all-time great Eddie rants. Before he plays Hide Your Love Away, he goes off about reality TV:

Quote:
"Power to the people man…. The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking that we’re too stupid to notice what they’re doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiators and American …. blowjob, buttfuck, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who’s going to get a blowjob tonight? What American’s going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the fucking TV, I don’t know. I digress. I’m going to get a guitar."

The way he pauses, and then says "I'm going to get a guitar" in such a defeated way cracks me up :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live