The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: What bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu December 06, 2018 11:13 pm 
tl;dr

Yeah, that's a great one. Should break that out again soon.

Kevin Davis wrote:
Listening to Nashville '03 this morning while I have my coffee -- what a gem of a show, five "Binaural" songs in the main set, flawlessly executed except for Ed repeating a verse in "Gods' Dice," beautiful "Oceans" opener, the whole works. It's also just one of those shows where everyone -- Stone especially -- seems to be a little more locked in than usual, adding little things that seem unique to this particular show (out of nowhere he adds a lead between the first and second verses of "Insignificance" that really perked my ears up).

And I know the spoken word part is pretty ridiculous, but I really like "Bushleaguer."

PJ at their best right here.

Post subject: Re: Which bootleg are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri December 07, 2018 10:38 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

So this is what I picked up in my purchase. $100 bucks for 24 shows... :luv:

Verona

2003 Australia
#1 Brisbane
#6 Adelaide
#7 Melbourne
#9 Melbourne
#10 Perth

2003 North America (looks like the whole month of April)
Denver
San Antonio
Houston
West Palm Beach
Tampa
Raleigh
Charlotte
Nashville
Lexington
St Louis
Champaign
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Albany
Uniondale

New York 1 & 2

PostPosted: Fri December 07, 2018 1:14 pm 
tl;dr

That's a steal. Those 2003 shows routinely go for $30-40 individually.

PostPosted: Fri December 07, 2018 1:25 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Kevin Davis wrote:

yeah, resell em all individually and make a mad mint.

PostPosted: Fri December 07, 2018 3:18 pm 
The Master

Kevin Davis wrote:

Seriously?

PostPosted: Fri December 07, 2018 9:38 pm 
Broken Tamborine

BootsToAsses wrote:
delanoche wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
First up Nashville 2003.

I listened to that one quite a bit back in 2003/04. Hope it's as good as I thought it was then.

Probably my most listened-to bootleg from that year. Great opening trio of Oceans, LBC, and Breakerfall.

Found my CD and listened to the Oceans, LBC, Breakerfall run on the way to work today and it's quite good.

PostPosted: Sat December 08, 2018 10:24 am 

delanoche wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
delanoche wrote:
Fuzzcharger wrote:
First up Nashville 2003.

I listened to that one quite a bit back in 2003/04. Hope it's as good as I thought it was then.

Probably my most listened-to bootleg from that year. Great opening trio of Oceans, LBC, and Breakerfall.

Found my CD and listened to the Oceans, LBC, Breakerfall run on the way to work today and it's quite good.

That Oceans and LBC combo is such a welcome change up for opener. Makes me wish they've mix things up a like this a little more.

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 2:49 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Munich 07

It’s a glorious show and a great recording. Sometimes into porch as an opener. Bonkers set kinda.

This was a top 5 or 10 live show

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 7:34 am 
A Return To Form

dimejinky99 wrote:
Munich 07

It’s a glorious show and a great recording. Sometimes into porch as an opener. Bonkers set kinda.

I was at that show and will always remember when the floor started to vibrate when they did Whipping. They were very tight and the sound in the front was excellent. Throw Your Hatred Down was a nice surprise... official bootlegs from 2007 would be really nice. They continued their tight run from West Coast US - Europe - Australia 2006 in 2007...

PostPosted: Thu December 13, 2018 3:07 pm 
A Return To Form

Those 2007 setlists are really nice. I think the Copenhagen show is on YouTube.

For me, 2008 is when things really go downhill.

PostPosted: Sat December 15, 2018 10:16 am 
A Return To Form

BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Barcelona 2006. I'm doing the 2006 European tour in chronological order and so far this is an awesome experience. The level at which they are playing right from the beginning is staggering. They continue to nail almost every tour debut as well. Fantastic!

West Coast U.S./Europe/Australia is the best run the band ever had, imo.

True, especially when you consider how many dates they played back then. It's been years since I last listened to the 2006 EU shows and I remembered them being very good, but this is like a rediscovery of a treasure:) Looking forward to the rest of the tour!

The Australian leg has some stunning shows, too. Adelaide night 1 (21/11/06) is one of my favourite bootlegs to listen to. Crowd is amped from the start, and Ed sounds fantastic.

Small Town - Go - Do The Evolution - God's Dice - Once - Immortality is a phenomenal start, and Immortality has one of my favourite Mike solos :luv:

Lisbon night 1 sounds magical too. The crowd is captured perfectly, and the band is tight.

Listened to Lisbon 1 two days ago: also a very good one apart from Severed Hand, where they messed up the ending, a rough sounding Lukin and Wishlist, where Ed doesn't remember all the lyrics. The crowd is awesome on that one!

Let me know when you get to Milan :hooray:

Listened to Milan 2006 yesterday: awesome crowd, nice setlist and a festival of tight playing:) Definitely one of the top shows of that tour. 2006 shows rarely get mentioned in people's Best of lists which I guess has to do with the fact that many don't care for the Avocado heavy setlists. But the level on which they are consistently playing here (I can only speak for the EU tour) is absolutely incredible.
Torino is playing right now: performancewise this tops all the other "whole album" shows and it's not even close. But of course, Avocado is not everyones favourite album, so I get why those other shows are higher regarded.

PostPosted: Sat December 15, 2018 11:40 am 
what on earth am I talking about

raven2001 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Munich 07

I was at that show and will always remember when the floor started to vibrate when they did Whipping. They were very tight and the sound in the front was excellent. Throw Your Hatred Down was a nice surprise... official bootlegs from 2007 would be really nice. They continued their tight run from West Coast US - Europe - Australia 2006 in 2007...

Yeah there was no ‘party band’ vibe on that tour at all. There was still an intensity and sense of intent coming from them at that stage. Saw this show and the Wembley one a few weeks after and they were amazing. Actually Saw the first show on this tour in Dublin the year before and even though it’s my least favourite Pj record, they never sounded tighter than the Avocado tour.

PostPosted: Sat December 15, 2018 12:27 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Personally, I adore Avocado so those 2006/2007 shows are right up my alley :luv:

Those 5 Italian shows are just top notch, but it blows me away that after such a long tour in '06 they head off to Australia in November and those shows are unbelievable. Adelaide night 1 is one of my favourite shows ever to listen to.

Sydney 2 is funny to listen to because the band is clearly ready to go and the crowd is LAME. So, for night 3 a week or so later Ed is clearly very aware that he has work to do so they open up with Better Man to get everyone singing straight away. I don't know why, but I love his speech before he starts the Better Man tag...

"Hellooooo Sydney. I don’t know about you, but I got a feeling. We got a feeling tonight. It’s a Saturday night! (cheers) It’s our last show in Sydney... so let the singing begin.” And then straight into a great singalong. Fucking love it!

PostPosted: Sat December 15, 2018 9:11 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Lolla 07.

Great show...the energy, Education, RVM....

PostPosted: Sun December 16, 2018 12:20 am 

Melbourne 2009 getting a run today.

This is the best PJ show I've been to. I didn't really care too much for the Ten material till this gig. It had been a really solid first set with a couple of rareties (Brother & Oceans which hadn't been played for a while to that point) but nothing overly amazing. But man in the first encore they got Ben Harper in for Red Mosquito and then Indifference and something clicked and they did this killer run of Jeremy-Deep-Why Go-Porch and the energy coming off the stage was next level. McCready in Porch especially was on another level, maybe because of the little bit of trading leads with Harper in Red Mosquito. That Why Go is also pretty electric. I do remember Stone being particularly being into it and you can hear it with the backing vocals.

Now it doesn't read like much of an extraordinary set on paper but what was going on in those two encores (Black had some spine tingling moments with the singalong and McCready also starring) was something else and it comes across in the boot too thank goodness.

PostPosted: Mon December 17, 2018 5:02 pm 
AnalLog

raven2001 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Barcelona 2006. I'm doing the 2006 European tour in chronological order and so far this is an awesome experience. The level at which they are playing right from the beginning is staggering. They continue to nail almost every tour debut as well. Fantastic!

West Coast U.S./Europe/Australia is the best run the band ever had, imo.

True, especially when you consider how many dates they played back then. It's been years since I last listened to the 2006 EU shows and I remembered them being very good, but this is like a rediscovery of a treasure:) Looking forward to the rest of the tour!

The Australian leg has some stunning shows, too. Adelaide night 1 (21/11/06) is one of my favourite bootlegs to listen to. Crowd is amped from the start, and Ed sounds fantastic.

Small Town - Go - Do The Evolution - God's Dice - Once - Immortality is a phenomenal start, and Immortality has one of my favourite Mike solos :luv:

Lisbon night 1 sounds magical too. The crowd is captured perfectly, and the band is tight.

Listened to Lisbon 1 two days ago: also a very good one apart from Severed Hand, where they messed up the ending, a rough sounding Lukin and Wishlist, where Ed doesn't remember all the lyrics. The crowd is awesome on that one!

Let me know when you get to Milan :hooray:

Listened to Milan 2006 yesterday: awesome crowd, nice setlist and a festival of tight playing:) Definitely one of the top shows of that tour. 2006 shows rarely get mentioned in people's Best of lists which I guess has to do with the fact that many don't care for the Avocado heavy setlists. But the level on which they are consistently playing here (I can only speak for the EU tour) is absolutely incredible.
Torino is playing right now: performancewise this tops all the other "whole album" shows and it's not even close. But of course, Avocado is not everyones favourite album, so I get why those other shows are higher regarded.

I think the East Coat Leg of 2006 was "so-so" and I imagine the majority of fans on this board saw that leg. The great thing about 2006 was the amount of practice they put in before that tour. That really paid off for them as the tour went on. West Coast 2006 is the best I ever saw this band (1996-2014). I need to put more time into listening to the European and Australian legs. It sounds like they just got better and better. (I thought S/T songs came off great live.)

PostPosted: Mon December 17, 2018 7:35 pm 
tl;dr

Fuzzcharger wrote:
Melbourne 2009 getting a run today.

This is the best PJ show I've been to. I didn't really care too much for the Ten material till this gig. It had been a really solid first set with a couple of rareties (Brother & Oceans which hadn't been played for a while to that point) but nothing overly amazing. But man in the first encore they got Ben Harper in for Red Mosquito and then Indifference and something clicked and they did this killer run of Jeremy-Deep-Why Go-Porch and the energy coming off the stage was next level. McCready in Porch especially was on another level, maybe because of the little bit of trading leads with Harper in Red Mosquito. That Why Go is also pretty electric. I do remember Stone being particularly being into it and you can hear it with the backing vocals.

Now it doesn't read like much of an extraordinary set on paper but what was going on in those two encores (Black had some spine tingling moments with the singalong and McCready also starring) was something else and it comes across in the boot too thank goodness.

I love this show. This and LA night 4 are probably my favorite 2009 shows.

PostPosted: Sun December 23, 2018 12:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

They played Lexington 03 on Sirius the other day, I enjoyed it. Really liked that version of Patriot.

PostPosted: Sun December 23, 2018 4:38 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Montreal '05 was on Sirius yesterday. I know the next night in Ottawa is more highly regarded in general but I've always personally preferred the Montreal set. I was lucky enough to be at both and those coupled with the Philly is probably my best 1-2-3 run of shows in all my Pearl Jam road trips.

PostPosted: Sun December 23, 2018 9:33 pm 
The Master

Ed's solo show from Vegas in 2012 was on Sirius this afternoon. Soundboard quality. He sounded great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 149  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live