The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2014-07-08: First Direct Arena: Leeds, UK
PostPosted: Wed July 09, 2014 8:14 pm 
A Return To Form

broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:
I was there last night. It was unbelievable.

Never been a big fan of The Real Me, heard it back in Manchester in 2009 and wasn't impressed. I will say, however, that Ed absolutely nailed it last night. He really commits to the song and his vocals were really strong and on point.

In fact, his voice was great for the vast majority of the songs. All Or None was beautiful, as was Man Of The Hour. He sounded great on Fatal too.

Ghost was really badass, even though they barely ever play it. Ed said after that he fucked it up, but all he did was start singing "It doesn't hurt when I bleed..." too soon, but he stopped and then came in at the right point so it was perfectly fine.

Unbelievable night. Not just an amazing setlist, but the band was well up for it and the crowd absolutely responded in kind.

Welcome to RM. You're doing it wrong.

Ha, how so?

PostPosted: Wed July 09, 2014 8:29 pm 
Poster of the Year

Daniel Bryan wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Never been a big fan of The Real Me, heard it back in Manchester in 2009 and wasn't impressed. I will say, however, that Ed absolutely nailed it last night. He really commits to the song and his vocals were really strong and on point.

In fact, his voice was great for the vast majority of the songs. All Or None was beautiful, as was Man Of The Hour. He sounded great on Fatal too.

Ghost was really badass, even though they barely ever play it. Ed said after that he fucked it up, but all he did was start singing "It doesn't hurt when I bleed..." too soon, but he stopped and then came in at the right point so it was perfectly fine.

Unbelievable night. Not just an amazing setlist, but the band was well up for it and the crowd absolutely responded in kind.

Ha, how so?

The year is 2014 and you said Ed sounded great.

PostPosted: Wed July 09, 2014 8:34 pm 
A Return To Form

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Ha, how so?

The year is 2014 and you said Ed sounded great.

I'm so jealous - wish I was at this gig last night. Watched a bunch of videos from the show and Ed sounded fine - man of the hour was real nice. Man, lightning bolt is a monster live.

PostPosted: Wed July 09, 2014 9:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Daniel Bryan wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Ha, how so?

First you should have praised it as "a return to form", then slowly devolved your posts in pointless, rehashed criticism about this or that element of the show (really just a way to mask fan-boi jealously over someone who can still enjoy a band we overexposed ourselves to), eventually ending with one of our home-grown tropes about how shitty-sounding and money-gurbbing EdVed is now. Also, you forgot to mention his hair. Which is thinning. Rapidly.

PostPosted: Wed July 09, 2014 9:39 pm 
Future Drummer

broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Ha, how so?

First you should have praised it as "a return to form", then slowly devolved your posts in pointless, rehashed criticism about this or that element of the show (really just a way to mask fan-boi jealously over someone who can still enjoy a band we overexposed ourselves to), eventually ending with one of our home-grown tropes about how shitty-sounding and money-gurbbing EdVed is now. Also, you forgot to mention his hair. Which is thinning. Rapidly.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 2:29 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

broken iris wrote:
1. PENDULUM
2. OF THE GIRL
3. SMALL TOWN
4. BREAKERFALL
5. HAIL, HAIL
6. ONCE
7. M.Y.M.
8. L. BOLT
9. TREMOR CHRIST
10. WISHLIST
11. WHO YOU ARE
12. GHOST
13. E. FLO
14. SIRENS
15. PUSH ME PULL
16. EVOLUTION
17. DON'T GIMME NO LIP
18. ARMY RESERVE
19. P. TENSE
20. G. TO FLY
21. SETTING FORTH
22. RVM
23. MAN HOUR
24. ALL OR NONE
25. FATAL

26. Real Me

pwned.

Woah, that's pwnt.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 8:15 am 
A Return To Form

broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Ha, how so?

Agh, I knew I'd forgotten something.

Ed's hair is still somewhat shorter than previous years, but it's getting a bit less tidy on top and during the show it went from neat, to frizzy and fluffy, and then to slick and wet due to perspiration. Throughout, he looked super hot. Because that's all I was really worried about going in...whether Ed looked hot or not. Nobody wants to hear Breakerfall sung by a less than sexy Vedder.

Now then, if he grew a huge beard like my boy Daniel Bryan, then we'd be getting somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 8:48 am 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 9:24 am 
A Return To Form

Iholdthepain wrote:

Oh god. I'm trying not to look directly at it.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 1:27 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

mp3
https://mega.co.nz/#F!rMlV2SRI!b7edsC-82dBo0LHDCsx2PA

flac
https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUcyN ... MW4wZXNUQw

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 4:59 pm 
Lost Cat

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 5:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

dimejinky99 wrote:

So far I've listened to Ghost and Tremor Christ. They were both pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 5:12 pm 

So ed has quit his Luddite period and joined the real world.
He took a fans phone at the start of this show and took pics all night. The guy got his phone back. This was the best one apparently Image

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 7:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

jeff :haha:

Post subject: Re: 2014-07-08: First Direct Arena: Leeds, UKue
PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 7:44 pm 

They do actually love playing together.

What more can we ask of em.

(Spenno in 5....4....3...

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 10:49 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Hey now, I'm fine with Pearl Jam.

I really wish I could've seen one of these shows, not the (fairly unenjoyable) festival set I saw earlier this year.

PostPosted: Fri July 11, 2014 2:10 am 

Listening to the Leeds boot. I'm crushed. I have missed the last greatest show this band will ever play.

And I was meant to be there. Had a ticket n everything

PostPosted: Fri July 11, 2014 2:14 am 

Though I am more than happy that they can still give on this level.
Sounds like a fucking great show

PostPosted: Fri July 11, 2014 2:38 am 

'This ones for Dublin, cos we haven't been in a while'

:cry:

PostPosted: Fri July 11, 2014 2:56 am 

They've finally made sirens sound great live too:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live